What's new

chinese-underwater-guns

eagle20054

Reaction score
The recently aired CCTV documentary has confirmed that the secretive Chinese underwater guns are based on the Russian designs*

The Russian SPP-1 4.5mm underwater pistol can accommodate either a twin or quad-barrel arrangement with a cartridge in each which is inserted into the pistol's breech. The Chinese QSS-05 5.8mm adoption (or 山寨) has a tri-barrel pistol arrangement.

The Chinese also "山寨-ed" the Russian APS Underwater Assault Rifle to fire the Chinese 5.8mm rifle round.:sniper:

,China Defense Blog: Chinese underwater guns

:china::china:
The recently aired CCTV documentary has confirmed that the secretive Chinese underwater guns are based on the Russian designs*

The Russian SPP-1 4.5mm underwater pistol can accommodate either a twin or quad-barrel arrangement with a cartridge in each which is inserted into the pistol's breech. The Chinese QSS-05 5.8mm adoption (or 山寨) has a tri-barrel pistol arrangement.

The Chinese also "山寨-ed" the Russian APS Underwater Assault Rifle to fire the Chinese 5.8mm rifle round.:sniper:

,China Defense Blog: Chinese underwater guns

山寨 means fortified mountain hideout/base. In the old days bandits will have bases in remote mountains which is out of government jurisdiction. They will copy/make everything themselves and run their own parallel government with everything a normal government may have, but are unrecognised by normal states.

Nowadays it means unofficial/copied version

The Chinese "山寨" would mean more of "cloned" than "copied" to me. The most commonly used occasion is to describe a mobile phone set as "山寨" phone. It could mean phones with the same appearance but different core or chips. It could mean the phones with the same function but different looks. Anyway it means unauthorized manufacture of something sharing similarities to others.

You make yours and I make mine, no limitation is concerned, i.e., "山寨" (ShanZai).

Last edited:
for your reference:

firing-under-water.jpg

20100125090913859.jpg

200704150423429da8a.jpg

and link to complete article:
China Defense Blog: Chinese underwater guns

regards!

Back
Top Bottom