What's new

clarification on member conduct with respect to groups/individuals designated

MilSpec

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
clarification on member conduct with respect to groups/individuals designated as 'terrorists/terrorist organizations' by NACTA.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM

You do not have the freedom to advocate for and/or support organizations designated as terrorist groups by both the Pakistani and US governments.

This is a Pakistani forum, so Government of Pakistan designations are the driving factor.

My reference to the US government designation was made specifically for the gentleman in question, who seemed to be sympathetic to the BLA terrorist organization and unsympathetic to the GoP, and therefore may not have cared about GoP designations alone.

As it turns out, unfortunately, he cared naught for US or Pakistan government designations.

I have found the above two posts quite interesting and to ensure I do not misconstrue the messaging, I would really appreciate a clearly worded disambiguation on organizations designated as terrorist groups by both the Pakistani and US governments to avoid any further confusions.

Does organizations designated as terrorist groups By Government of Pakistan refer to Organizations Proscribed by Ministry of Interior u/s 11-B-(1) r/w Schedule-I, ATA 1997, Specifically as listed in the National Counter Terrorism Authority of Pakistan list?

Does organizations designated as terrorist groups By US Government refer to the t US State Department list of Terror outfits ?

And when a post is found that fits within the criterion as you described, what would be action by staff?

Also Read: Further Clarification.
This is going off topic, but I'll answer it since you seem to be getting nowhere. The forum policy on terrorist groups (such as the BLA, BRAS, TTP etc) attacking Pakistan is clear and straightforward. If you're asking a broader question regarding NACTA designations, I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone and/or the forum and would prefer that the Admins and/or larger group of moderators provide their feedback, hence my suggestion that you open a thread in the 'Suggestions and Discussions' section.

Instead of using my quoted post as a starting point (which may have led another moderator to assume you were questioning my moderating and therefore resulted in the thread being moved to GHQ), phrase the question as one asking for clarification on member conduct with respect to groups/individuals designated as 'terrorists/terrorist organizations' by NACTA.

For further clarity, list the organizations/individuals designated by NACTA that you have questions about.

@Horus @SQ8 @Irfan Baloch @WAJsal

https://nacta.gov.pk/

https://www.state.gov/foreign-terrorist-organizations/

I would really appreciate a clearly worded disambiguation on organizations designated as terrorist groups by both the Pakistani and US governments to avoid any further confusions.
My reference was only to organizations designated by the Pakistani government.

@MilSpec Can you list the organizations designated as terrorist by NACTA, that you have questions about, for easier perusal by other Admins and moderators?

My reference was only to organizations designated by the Pakistani government.
But my question is actually simpler than that too. the Organisations designated by Pakistani Government, is that the same as the NACTA list?

My view, yes, all organizations listed as proscribed by NACTA should not be supported.

I'll let the rest of the forum team provide their views on it.

Just FYI Lashker e Taiybba is on that list. Fair warning. Because we have here members who now are moderators cheerleading for LET Fighter in the past.

Rest of the forum, may maintain strategic silence or speak out, I cant tell; but you are the one sticking your neck out (kudos, despite our previous disagreements) which I tremendously respect.

Just FYI Lashker e Taiybba is on that list. Fair warning. Because we have here members who now are moderators cheerleading for LET Fighter in the past.

Rest of the forum, may maintain strategic silence or speak out, I cant tell; but you are the one sticking your neck out (kudos, despite our previous disagreements) which I tremendously respect.
LeT & JuD both, I know - I reviewed the list and I assumed that is why you were pushing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom