What's new

Coronavirus rapid tests from China have an error rate of up to 80 percent

BL33D

Reaction score
Country
India
Rapid tests with coronavirus detection in the Moravian-Silesian Region will not help much. Their error rate is about 80 percent. They would probably be used mainly as verification tests for people in quarantine who have never been tested positively. After the Regional Crisis Staff meeting on Monday said regional hygienist Pavla Svrčinová.

2020-03-09t184428z_1_200310-110605_ako.JPG

According to the hygienist, the Moravian-Silesian Region will continue to rely on laboratory testing. Currently they can handle about 900 samples a day.

"We checked them on Saturday at the University Hospital Ostrava, but unfortunately the error rate was quite high, so now we are waiting for the results of further testing across the country, they have never been tested positively because it works with antibodies, ”said Svrčinová.

She added that the tests showed false positive and false negative results. “We tested those who searched for a sampling site. Fortunately, we were so far-sighted that samples were immediately taken for the classic examination and that just proved the error rate of the tests, ”said Svrčinová. Even if tests are used in end-of-quarantine patients, hygienists will want to check their reliability first.

However, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Jan Hamacek (CSSD) claims that the wrong methodology has been chosen. "I don't think it's a scandalous discovery that it's not working," he said after the government meeting.

According to him, quick tests can be "used when the disease has been going on for some time". "Or if someone returns from quarantine after 14 days," he added. PCR is still the most appropriate method to detect early-stage infection.

https://www.irozhlas.cz/zpravy-domov/ostrava-rychlotesty-koronavirus_2003231414_sot

Rapid tests, which thousands of Czechs bought in China, give mainly incorrect results

The Czechs ordered 200,000 from China Rapid tests for coronavirus. At the airport in Pardubice, the plane with their delivery landed on Saturday evening. Just two days later it turned out that the level of erroneous results is 80 percent.

https://wroclaw.wyborcza.pl/wroclaw...-czesi-daja-bledne.html?disableRedirects=true

Auto Translated by Google

Are you comparing an antibody test with a PCR test on the same patient to check reliability of the antibody test?

Impossible because if you get a positive antibody result, it is highly likely that the virus has been killed off by those antibodies, hence the PCR subsequently will be negative. This is a true negative because the virus is gone. It doesn't imply the preceding antibody test was a false positive at all.

So if the article is suggesting this sequence of events equates to false positives in the antibody test, it's incorrect.

False negatives in the antibody test I can't explain away though, unless the patients have some immune deficiency or the test was administered incorrectly.

However, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Jan Hamacek (CSSD) claims that the wrong methodology has been chosen.
Yes, this guy is right. The methodology of this study is clearly flawed for the reasons I stated.

china ka virus aik number or test kit do number. wah re chinese.
i hope it gives more false positives.

but chinese virus has proved one thing. dont take made in china lightly.

Are you comparing an antibody test with a PCR test on the same patient to check reliability of the antibody test?

Impossible because if you get a positive antibody result, it is highly likely that the virus has been killed off by those antibodies, hence the PCR subsequently will be negative. This is a true negative because the virus is gone. It doesn't imply the preceding antibody test was a false positive at all.

So if the article is suggesting this sequence of events equates to false positives in the antibody test, it's incorrect.

False negatives in the antibody test I can't explain away though, unless the patients have some immune deficiency or the test was administered incorrectly.

Yes, this guy is right. The methodology of this study is clearly flawed for the reasons I stated.
Still 80% error in an antibody test is way high. I had seen criterias for similar antibody tests awaiting approvals from ICMR had error rates within 5-20%. I am not getting that file. Will post later.

Still 80% error in an antibody test is way high. I had seen criterias for similar antibody tests awaiting approvals from ICMR had error rates within 5-20%. I am not getting that file. Will post later.
Yes but if that figure of 80% is based partly on an incorrect conclusion drawn on the relevance of a negative PCR, then the true fail rate might be lower.

1. How many companies in China produce Coronavirus rapid tests? How many Coronavirus rapid tests have China exported? Are all of them ineffective?
2. Are defective products from Coronavirus rapid tests manufacturing companies used in WuHan City or unproven manufacturers?

Rapid tests with coronavirus detection in the Moravian-Silesian Region will not help much. Their error rate is about 80 percent. They would probably be used mainly as verification tests for people in quarantine who have never been tested positively. After the Regional Crisis Staff meeting on Monday said regional hygienist Pavla Svrčinová.

2020-03-09t184428z_1_200310-110605_ako.JPG

According to the hygienist, the Moravian-Silesian Region will continue to rely on laboratory testing. Currently they can handle about 900 samples a day.

"We checked them on Saturday at the University Hospital Ostrava, but unfortunately the error rate was quite high, so now we are waiting for the results of further testing across the country, they have never been tested positively because it works with antibodies, ”said Svrčinová.

She added that the tests showed false positive and false negative results. “We tested those who searched for a sampling site. Fortunately, we were so far-sighted that samples were immediately taken for the classic examination and that just proved the error rate of the tests, ”said Svrčinová. Even if tests are used in end-of-quarantine patients, hygienists will want to check their reliability first.

However, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Jan Hamacek (CSSD) claims that the wrong methodology has been chosen. "I don't think it's a scandalous discovery that it's not working," he said after the government meeting.

According to him, quick tests can be "used when the disease has been going on for some time". "Or if someone returns from quarantine after 14 days," he added. PCR is still the most appropriate method to detect early-stage infection.

https://www.irozhlas.cz/zpravy-domov/ostrava-rychlotesty-koronavirus_2003231414_sot

Rapid tests, which thousands of Czechs bought in China, give mainly incorrect results

The Czechs ordered 200,000 from China Rapid tests for coronavirus. At the airport in Pardubice, the plane with their delivery landed on Saturday evening. Just two days later it turned out that the level of erroneous results is 80 percent.

https://wroclaw.wyborcza.pl/wroclaw...-czesi-daja-bledne.html?disableRedirects=true

Auto Translated by Google
Simple, don't use them if you don't trust them, use Indian rapid test kits instead of Chinese ones.

Yeah! a hard pass on a China vaccine too...sorry not worth the risk.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom