What's new

Court arrests Turkey’s ex-army chief on coup charges

I am very shocked to see that now TSK's former COAS is being embroiled into this Ergenekon affair. . .

I am very shocked to see that now TSK's former COAS is being embroiled into this Ergenekon affair. . .

You dont know my brother.. Still many commanders work for Ergenekon.. They (Ergenekon) killed 35 Civil Kurd last week for to the stop operations againt PKK, to ensure a Kurdish rebellion and to pressure over the AKP government..

Continue a great war between ERGENEKON and NATIOAL FORCES in TURKEY already..!!!

İlker Başbuğ, Ex-Military Chief General of Turkey's Army.
He was recently making Jewish prayers in Jerusalem..

ilkerbasug4.jpg

wailing wall (western wall) is located right where the Dome of the Rock (Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah,)

he was probably there for ''formality'' sake....i dont think its forbidden for Muslims to visit that place.

and most certainly, it doesnt mean that General (r) Basbug is a jew

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

You dont know my brother.. Still many commanders work for Ergenekon.. They (Ergenekon) killed 35 Civil Kurd last week for to the stop operations againt PKK, to ensure a Kurdish rebellion and to pressure over the AKP government..

Continue a great war between ERGENEKON and NATIOAL FORCES in TURKEY already..!!!

i hope the issue is resolved.....Turkiye has many enemies that would enjoy seeing scandals, especially any scandal revolving around its powerful and respected Armed Forces

the issue should not be allowed to be made such a big media sensation....the civilian government and military must sort out this issue so that it doesnt become a bigger drama than it already is

are you one of those conspiracy theory guys?

how are they innocent? they where smuggling.

BREAKING NEWS !!!

İLKER BAŞBUĞ ARRESTED JUST NOW

basbug01.jpg

Court arrests Turkey’s ex-army chief on coup charges

A former chief of Turkey's powerful armed forces was arrested early Friday by a Turkish court after he testified on Thursday as a suspect in an investigation of an alleged Internet campaign to discredit Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's Justice and Development Party (AK Party).
General İlker Başbuğ, who retired in 2010, is the highest-ranking officer to be caught up in a widening probe into the so-called Ergenekon network, an ultra-nationalist group accused by prosecutors of conspiring to topple the government.

Looking relaxed in a dark suit, he arrived at an İstanbul court beside the Bosphorus strait to answer questions from prosecutors in a 7.5-hour closed session.

İstanbul Specially Authorized Prosecutor Cihan Kansız and Deputy İstanbul Chief Prosecutor Fikret Seçen interrogated the former military chief and referred him to the court for arrest.

The investigation into the propaganda websites began in 2010 based on evidence found in the home of retired Col. Hasan Ataman Yıldırım, another suspect in the website case. Later, an anonymous tipster from inside the military sent an email to inform the public and prosecutors that the General Staff had established 42 websites for the sole purpose of disseminating propaganda about the government and religious communities.

It was the first time a former chief of the armed forces has testified as a suspect in a criminal case in a civilian court.

Several hundred defendants, including retired senior officers, lawyers, academics and journalists, have been put on trial in cases relating to the investigation.

Nicknamed pashas, a title dating back to Ottoman times, Turkey's once untouchable generals have seen their influence decline as Ankara pushes reforms aimed at strengthening civilian rule and winning Turkey's accession to the European Union.

Turkey's military, NATO's second-largest army, has long seen itself as the guarantor of the country's secular constitution, and had carried out three coups between 1960 and 1980 and pressured another government from power in 1997.

The current investigation, carried out by state prosecutors, centers on allegations Turkey's military set up websites to spread anti-government propaganda to destabilize Turkey.

The court case is open and defendants are already on trial, but there was no hearing on Thursday. Başbuğ remains a suspect only and has not been charged.

Chief of general staff from 2008 to 2010, he has in the past said reports of military plots to undermine the government were part of a smear campaign to divide the armed forces and pledged he would never tolerate coup activities.

The "Internet Memorandum" case is just one of many strands of investigations into Ergenekon that began five years ago.

Retired General Hilmi Özkök, also a former chief of the general staff, testified in the Ergenekon case in 2009 but only as a witness, not a suspect.

this doesnt make me happy....I know him, I know he always meant well and served his country with duty.

this is a huge mistake, in my opinion. What exactly are the charges?

this doesnt make me happy....I know him, I know he always meant well and served his country with duty.

this is a huge mistake, in my opinion. What exactly are the charges?

You don't know my brother.. But Turkish Nation know them very well.. You will see the real face of them soon..

ALL TVs IN BREAKING NEWS IN TURKEY
TODAY A HISTORICAL DAY FOR TURKISH DEMOCRASY

The indictment announced soon..

You don't know my brother.. But Turkish Nation know them very well.. You will see the real face of them soon..

ALL TVs IN BREAKING NEWS IN TURKEY
TODAY A HISTORICAL DAY FOR TURKISH DEMOCRASY

The indictment announced soon..

i interacted with him briefly, during a reception hosted in Ankara (Swissotel) for Pakistan's Republic Day....this was almost 3 years ago.

i don't know him personally; but he is a professional and he served his country well.

I am sorry to see that he is facing such charges, though i do also know that Turkish court system is also objective and fair.

You don't know what your talking about, it's nice you've interacted with his public persona. He still must be investigated considering his shady actions of late, his statements, his meetings, his plan, and possible involvement must all be looked into. The high possibility he may be a Doenmeh Jew has critical as that is its a side issue. As for his patriotism no one doubts his patriotism for a secular Turkiye, it's was he involved in anti-Government activities including the overthrow of AK party in Government.

His detest for the AK Party Government is known already.

You don't know what your talking about, it's nice you've interacted with his public persona. He still must be investigated considering his shady actions of late, his statements, his meetings, his plan, and possible involvement must all be looked into. The high possibility he may be a Doenmeh Jew has critical as that is its a side issue. As for his patriotism no one doubts his patriotism for a secular Turkiye, it's was he involved in anti-Government activities including the overthrow of AK party in Government.

His detest for the AK Party Government is known already.

Aye, he must be investigated and judged by the law, that is how a person is either guilty or innocent. Wether he has damned himself before Allah is a matter between him and Allah. Let none other pass judgement upon his soul. (lol sounds strange to say that).

Back
Top Bottom