What's new

Dasu dam’s stage-I to be ready by 2021

Dasu Dam
Here are my calculations:

Cost: $3.5 Billion
Annual energy: 21700 GWh (21,700,000 MWh or 21,700,000,000 KWh)
Pakistan's average cost per kilowatt-hour: Rs13.50 (around $0.13/KWh)

Income = 21,700,000,000 KWh x $0.13 = 2,821,000,000 per year ($2.82 Billion)
Cost of operation = minimal ( since water is free, only maintenance)

Within 1.5 years of operation, project will recover it's cost of investment, After which, it's all income for the life of the project (60, 70, 100 years or so)

Now someone tell me why are we not building dams, and are importing expensive Oil, LNG, or bend on exploring expensive cost to benefit alternative i.e Solar and wind). This is just one project. Imagine adding 4 to 5 mega Hydro project. We are talking about $10 to $15 billion income every years. Instead of losing money to other country, according to multiplier effect, every dollars spent back in economy, will ideally yield 4x the economic effect .
its simple, govt will only build a project in which it can get 100% loan or funded project e.g the tarbela expansion whic is 150% funded project(yup govt ended up with 50% more funds!) so reason is dams dodnt give u votes its metros and roads...dont believe me just look at the last election

so how come govt cant get loan as its pretty much evident that dams are profitable right?...well noon believe that govt will built a dam without issues example: NJ hydro project..that is the reason why it cant get loans

its simple, govt will only build a project in which it can get 100% loan or funded project e.g the tarbela expansion whic is 150% funded project(yup govt ended up with 50% more funds!) so reason is dams dodnt give u votes its metros and roads...dont believe me just look at the last election

so how come govt cant get loan as its pretty much evident that dams are profitable right?...well noon believe that govt will built a dam without issues example: NJ hydro project..that is the reason why it cant get loans
so you are critcizing govt for Neelam jehlum , Terbella 4,5, sukhi kinari,Dasu ? wow .

Yap, It all about votes and fooling idiots with plate of bryani and big poster.

so you are critcizing govt for Neelam jehlum , Terbella 4,5, sukhi kinari,Dasu ? wow .
nope i am stating straight facts

fact is in 3 years govt hasnt started a single hydro project on its own the way it pushes metros etc

all projects have either been 100% funded or there fiances arranged in PPPP era(e.g NJ, and tarbeal expansion projects were funded and organised in PPPP era)

barely pushing Dasu dam which is going to 100% funded, so bassically getting funds for dasu will be the only real work in hydro sector by current govt vs getting funds for tarbela which was done by PPP...got the performance picture...!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom