Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Azhar Ahmed convicted of offensive Facebook message

_62903279_ahmed.jpg

Ahmed had posted the message on Facebook just days after the soldiers death

A teenager has been found guilty of posting an offensive Facebook message following the deaths of six British soldiers in Afghanistan.

Azhar Ahmed, 19, of Ravensthorpe, West Yorkshire, was charged with sending a grossly offensive communication.

He told Huddersfield Magistrates Court he accepted the message had been "unacceptable" but had denied it was "grossly offensive".

The judge said his comments were "derogatory" and "inflammatory".

The six soldiers were killed by an improvised explosive device (IED) in Lashkar Gah on 6 March in the deadliest single attack on British forces in Afghanistan since 2001.

Sgt Nigel Coupe, 33, of 1st Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, was killed alongside Cpl Jake Hartley, 20, Pte Anthony Frampton, 20, Pte Christopher Kershaw, 19, Pte Daniel Wade, 20, and Pte Daniel Wilford, 21, all of 3rd Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment.

'So upsetting'
The offensive message, which said "all soldiers should die and go to hell", was posted by Ahmed just two days later on 8 March.

Ahmed told the court he was only trying to make his point that many other deaths in Afghanistan were being ignored and added he had no idea it would cause so much upset.

He said he replied with apologies to many people who commented on his Facebook page and when some told him they had lost relatives in Afghanistan he realised how serious it was.

"That's when I realised it was unacceptable for them to see something so upsetting and distressing, to write something like that," he added.

District Judge Jane Goodwin said Ahmed's Facebook remarks were "derogatory, disrespectful and inflammatory".

He will be sentenced later.

Source: BBC News - Azhar Ahmed convicted of offensive Facebook message

on similar legal grounds our mosque will put up a legal complaunt to ofcom against internet blasphamy content.
That will be our way of protest.

on similar legal grounds our mosque will put up a legal complaunt to ofcom against internet blasphamy content.
That will be our way of protest.

Be careful though...bigotry sees no reason.. and there will be biased judgements against you.

living in britain and cursing ur own soldiers..well i guess his loyalty is towards Islam and not Britain..

classic example of "Jis thaali se Khaate hain, Usi me Chedh karte hain"

Do I get infraction if I say "All Pakistani soldiers in Kashmir can die and go to hell" in Pakistan Defense Forum after an avalanche killed some of them?

The differnce is that Pakistani solders in Kashmir are not killing innocent people.
I realize you need to defend you white masters but c'mon man. Even you know this is BS.

The guy is a prick (like so many on the Internet), but I don't see anything worth pursuing in a court:

azhar+ahmed.jpg

His only offence is his illiteracy....

I don't think it's an offence calls for punishment..
to the max a warning is enough I guess.

Do I get infraction if I say "All Pakistani soldiers in Kashmir can die and go to hell" in Pakistan Defense Forum after an avalanche killed some of them?

This forum is not a court of law. You can get an infraction for saying "XYZ has a tiny pee pee"; it doesn't mean jack in the legal sense.

The differnce is that Pakistani solders in Kashmir are not killing innocent people.
I realize you need to defend you white masters but c'mon man. Even you know this is BS.

says who?..i can show a lot of articles ad videos which claim Pakistani armed forces are torturing and silencing people in ur administrated kashmir who refuse to toe the official line..

living in britain and cursing ur own soldiers..well i guess his loyalty is towards Islam and not Britain..

classic example of "Jis thaali se Khaate hain, Usi me Chedh karte hain"

So the American protesters shouting "Hey, hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?" and denouncing US soldiers during the Vietnam war had their loyalty towards... Christianity? Vietnam? aliens?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom