What's new

Defence.pk Needs Your Help

Just had a thought I am not an accountant but sponsorship and charitable donations are tax deductible in the UK. Higher rate tax payers in UK should be able to claim 40% of the donated amount back

Specific deductions: advertising: sponsorship: purpose

In any event even lower rate should bee able to claim 20%. Talk to your accountants

I find it ironic that you are asking people from the UK to donate to the forum when you are always posting about the scary "west" and how evil we are.

On topic, i would donate but i'm hot happy with how the forum is moderated. Calls to increase the moderation team has been ignored resulting in mass spam, abuse, insults and off topicness to go unchecked throughout the forum. Moderator reports are also ignored.

The mods only seem to act if something bad is said about Islam and Pakistan.

The forum needs more mods and they need to be from different countries, not just Pakistan to make sure the moderation is fair.

I find it ironic that you are asking people from the UK to donate to the forum when you are always posting about the scary "west" and how evil we are.

On topic, i would donate but i'm hot happy with how the forum is moderated. Calls to increase the moderation team has been ignored resulting in mass spam, abuse, insults and off topicness to go unchecked throughout the forum. Moderator reports are also ignored.

The forum needs more mods and they need to be from different countries, not just Pakistan to make sure the moderation is fair.

You can't complain about moderation when you haven't reported anything in 24 hours. Mods will never be enough if a post is never reported.

I seriously doubt that from my experience. Just make sure you report a post for appropriate reason, based on e the rules.

@ontopic

i have just a bank account without internet option, any idea how i can donate?

You can't complain about moderation when you haven't reported anything in 24 hours. Mods will never be enough if a post is never reported.

I haven't reported anything for about a month. There is no point because when i did report things (for good reasons such as racism and trolling), my reports were ignored over and over again.

The forum has never taken a stance against any nation, which includes even India.

In debates we like to point out foreign policy issues or political fallacies or current events. None of which are ever weighed in terms of good or evil, scary or soothing nature of the entire "west".

There are issues and disagreements on those issues. To disagree does not necessarily translate into hate. If that is the case at your end, then you have your own prerogatives I can't comment on such a value system. Here we promote free speech and encourage diversity of opinions.

Rest of your narrative was very skewed, and as someone who acts on cases of all sorts all the time I know for a fact it is not the case.

In my case I live in the UK and I am aware that lots of British people do not support their govts policies eg Iraq war where polls showed 60% against the illegal war. When I am critical of west it is assumed there are good and bad individuals everywhere and the criticism is of govt.

When you are saying you are back on topic you are not. You are whining about Mod policy. All I can say to you is that you have 1700 posts you are active on this forum if you can afford to donate for a service that you clearly use you should donate. Or are you going to rely on the rest of us to carry you??

I seriously doubt that from my experience. Just make sure you report a post for appropriate reason, based on e the rules.

@ontopic

i have just a bank account without internet option, any idea how i can donate?

Check earlier accounts I think the Mod Zakki has some options besides paypal

Found it. To still duel you, Kaif? Worth every penny.

well i want to donate (although i dont like mods), but cannt donate 10$, its huge :(

i can donate few hundred PKRs as of now, will try to donate more (as i use d.pk so much & like it too).....

but how can i donate this small amount of me...?

It seems to me that Webby primarily, but also Admin, have to get together a plan that will put DefPk on a more stable footing for the long haul instead of ad hoc fund raisers like this one. That, of course, might entail changes, but that is the prerogative of the owners of DefPk, so I will not say anymore.

CNN,BBC,FOX,REUTERS, and all national news papers in every western country has taken it upon themselves to post every thing negative about us and exaggerate it 100 folds.....Dont beleive me? Send me links to any positive news they have posted about Islam and muslims in their main headlines ever? You wont find any..
whats wrong if one corner of the internet is showing you a different perspective?

It seems to me that Webby primarily, but also Admin, have to get together a plan that will put DefPk on a more stable footing for the long haul instead of ad hoc fund raisers like this one. That, of course, might entail changes, but that is the prerogative of the owners of DefPk, so I will not say anymore.
I think that are financially doing fine,but extra costs incur due to very numerous hacking attacks....
All of us have suggested certain things,and may the powers up above listeneth.

Guys lets stick to topic. There are other channels to moan and or make suggestions. Can we concentrate on the appeal here. We enjoy the service being provided. We enjoy posting debating etc. Some can afford something to those I say pay up or shut up and keep of this thread. Come on here to encourage or bump the thread up that's about it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom