What's new

does pakistan needs its, own long range of SAM production?

batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
does pakistan needs its, own long range of SAM production?

time & time, the need to have its own SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE's , growing threats from the enemy air crafts & importantly from its MISSILE's , a programe of its own indigenous production is very much need now.:agree:

what kind of technology does pakistan required, what will going to suit ?
what king of range does it needs, how long it is going take?

plz open your thoughts, but plz dont troll!

thanks, all the best.

Pakistan definitely need something the likes of s-300/s-400 but I seriously doubt that we currently have the technology or the money to produce it.

Maybe China can help us in this regard.

IAF has a Numerical Disparity with PAF and PAF cannot Match this Imbalance by Increasing Its number of Jets ONLY and I think the Best way Forward will be to have a strong Air defence System and I hope Chinese will soon make Clones for S-400 and That's the Only Option Pakistan has.

The only thing that we must acknowlege is the acute absence of expertise in the telecommunication area regarding missiles. This isn't equivalent to any MOBILINK technology this requires a tough background of command & control as well as a solid knowledge of nanotech, especially when you are dealing with onboard microprocessors on missile. Unfortunately all these things are far ahead of the perception of our local engineering eduaction & if it's present the practical nature of such fields her in Pakistan is negligible!! the only thing is that when you talk about Pakistan making such SAMs from a scratch this means that we are going to bend upon using some imported material which we may understand but fabricating it ourself is quiet a different story

Then what about the earlier news some guys discussing here that Pakidstan is carrying out R & D with China to make long range SAMs as well as to indigenously produce SD-10 AAMs and LY-60 SAms

Then what about the earlier news some guys discussing here that Pakidstan is carrying out R & D with China to make long range SAMs as well as to indigenously produce SD-10 AAMs and LY-60 SAms

kindly show the link plz.
thanks

IAF has a Numerical Disparity with PAF and PAF cannot Match this Imbalance by Increasing Its number of Jets ONLY and I think the Best way Forward will be to have a strong Air defence System and I hope Chinese will soon make Clones for S-400 and That's the Only Option Pakistan has.

i fully agree with you metal falcon russia will sell S-400e at the end of this year why not we ask china to get the tech from russia of S-400 or buy S-400 from russia and than build similar tech air defence system and sell to pakistan but we have to act now not at end of this year

friends i am well aware of pakistans missile technology advancement but i would also like to now how much progress has pakistan made regarding the radar technology because to develop a high end sam system the radars play a very important part.

thanx

Last edited:
If china is going to get this year, then it will be difficult for us to get them by year end.Reverse engineering n then perfecting it is going to take quite some time.But yes we need them..Had we established some R&D in our country we wouldnt be in such a soup...
We must be the only peole who must be waiting for a 2nd country to copy the technology of a third country to pass it on to us..I think its still not too late to start our own R&D setup s in every field to avoid such situations.

sir where is the link which says that china is going to get the s-400 syatem this year,there seems to be no news at all.
thnx

hi, guys
plz stop thinking about getting S-400s from china , there is no report sugessting that, also we are disscussing ,building our own systems, not the ones which can get from some 1 else?

hi, guys
plz stop thinking about getting S-400s from china , there is no report sugessting that, also we are disscussing ,building our own systems, not the ones which can get from some 1 else?

very true!

as far as the main topic of discussion is concerned, i think we should work on a SAM system. it may not be completely indeginious but we can make a registered copy of chines S300 variants!! i-e the HQ12!!

we are good at this and are producing some systems under license so we should add long range SAM to this list as soon as possible..

:pakistan:

sir where is the link which says that china is going to get the s-400 syatem this year,there seems to be no news at all.
thnx

Can you blease clarify me wether S 400 is out for sale or not. I thought the S-400 is not for sale in the near future.

S-400 has been ofered to some countries in middle east and im sure S-400 will recieve orders in end of 2009 russia make weapons for sale not for to put just them in russia remember S-300 when it is produced people use to say that russia wont sell it but now how many countries have S-300 we also have to know russia eceonomy is not good they are rich in tech not in ecenomy so they use their tech to incrase the growth of their countries economy if russia stop selling its militry equipment in few months russia will not be russia in map it gonna blow up 70% of russian economy revove around Militry sale so S-400 will be on sale to get $$$$$$$$$$ to incraese theri economy no one will be interested in old S-300 because better system is arrived

S-400 has been ofered to some countries in middle east and im sure S-400 will recieve orders in end of 2009 russia make weapons for sale not for to put just them in russia remember S-300 when it is produced people use to say that russia wont sell it but now how many countries have S-300 we also have to know russia eceonomy is not good they are rich in tech not in ecenomy so they use their tech to incrase the growth of their countries economy if russia stop selling its militry equipment in few months russia will not be russia in map it gonna blow up 70% of russian economy revove around Militry sale so S-400 will be on sale to get $$$$$$$$$$ to incraese theri economy no one will be interested in old S-300 because better system is arrived

very true but dont you think that the S400 system will be a bit too costly!!

it is a latest equipment and the Russians for sure will be selling it for billions!

also another problem with the getting the S400 will be the time factr! we wil have t wait for the Chines to develop its version, then offer it to us and then then produce them for us!! it will require years. on the other hand the S300 is an in production system, it have many variants, we can just select one as per our requirment and order it and may get it in an years time or so!

of course i am not neglecting the bugetery issues but it is just a point in favour of getting the S300 rather than the S400

what do you suggets??

Back
Top Bottom