What's new

Does Turkey need Aircraft-Carrier?

xMustiiej70

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello people.

I was wondering if Turkey needs Aircraft-Carrier?
Yes? No?
Why?

Greece,Aegean sea conflict.
Cyprus?(greek side)
Securing the turkish waters?

Turkey is focusing on Submarine Ghost Fleets..superior and more subs..

I think turkey needs more landing crafts than Carriers.To rapidly deploy forces in Cyprus.

What if Hellenic navy gets those Aircraft Carrier?

And what are the plans of turkey to get subs?
Because the Milgem project don't include subs as far as i know.

highly unlikely...Hellenic Air Force has around 290 fighter jets they're planning to retire and replace 100 of them. their budget is low that goes for all armed forces...the most Hellenic will do is go for subs and upgrade and surface fleet..

Well i think turkey has already ordered 6 U214.I mean these subs are very advanced and will be enough not only for Greece but perhaps the entire Balkans.

And besides Greeks are bankrupt and buying new military hardware would be the last thing on their mind.

Hellenic navy already has 4 of those 124 subs..
And the subs are made my germans, south korea and greece.
So i dont see why turkey shouldn't develop their own subs or produce from other country then greece.

Buddy they are bankrupt they will be lucky to just get loans from Europeans.You don't need to worry about anything.

And by the way they don't HAVE presently U214.They Plan to get it.I mean they couldn't even pay for the first U-214 how are they gonna manage to pay for 3 more.

According to Wikipedia first U214 for turkey is expected to enter service by 2015.

And Guess what 81% of the systems aboard the subs will be of Turkish origin.

Aah nice to hear that.
Thanks alot for these informations.
Makes me feel safe and strong!:D
I just hope the Milgem project will be succesfull and still be a couple steps more advanced and higher then the Hellenic Navy.

Back
Top Bottom