What's new

Economics Section

sigatoka

Reaction score
I was very dissatisfied by the economics section but couldnt quiet pin it down.

I now realise that the problem is that the news posting is too much. I mean, it doesnt allow people to go and put comments because that section is swamped.

Instead of that, i propose that the news section be scrapped and instead post current economics articles (where journilsts or ada people have taken economics news n analysed it and offered their opinion) which will ensure that the number of articles goes down and more interest is generated for people to post.

If there is a lot of posting 4 one article, it can be separated into another thread.

Counter comments will be greatly appreciated.

sigatoka said:
I was very dissatisfied by the economics section but couldnt quiet pin it down.

I now realise that the problem is that the news posting is too much. I mean, it doesnt allow people to go and put comments because that section is swamped.

Instead of that, i propose that the news section be scrapped and instead post current economics articles (where journilsts or ada people have taken economics news n analysed it and offered their opinion) which will ensure that the number of articles goes down and more interest is generated for people to post.

If there is a lot of posting 4 one article, it can be separated into another thread.

Counter comments will be greatly appreciated.

Good question Sig, you've pin pointed the problem correctly.

I initiated the 'Daily Update' thread to report major and interesting newsarticles only but unfortunately the thread is being flooded by insignificant news lately. :frown:

The idea was that we could pick articles or topics from this general thread to debate, but again there are hardly any serious debators around.

Your contribution would be highly appreciated. In the meantime I'll try to improve the quality of 'Daily Update' by deleting insignificant posts reporting micro economic matters.

Feel free to open threads concerning Pakistani, Indian and Chinese economy.

Thanks!

Neo

Neo said:
I initiated the 'Daily Update' thread to report major and interesting newsarticles only but unfortunately the thread is being flooded by insignificant news lately. :frown:

The idea was that we could pick articles or topics from this general thread to debate, but again there are hardly any serious debators around.

Your contribution would be highly appreciated. In the meantime I'll try to improve the quality of 'Daily Update' by deleting insignificant posts reporting micro economic matters.

Neo, i think major surgery is needed. I mean deleting the entire thing and allowing only u or Sid to post economics articles on (u 2 r doin economics rite?).

I think it wud b a mistake removing microeconomics, rather i think what is needed is controlling (and reducing) quantity of stuff going up.

Also the articles should not be straight "news reports". I mean im sick of simple figures by some idiot journalist which have no meaning at all. What should be put up is articles with HEAVY empahasis on ANALYSIS. There is good reason for this, figures dont generate interest or controversy, but analsyis does which will attract people to contribute.

Do u remeber me replying to sum doctors economic analsysis about poverty and such? Thats wat we need more of, peoples opinion and analysis. What we need is not how much the number of mobile phones increased in Karachi, but rather articles on why the increase happened, whether it is good and why it is good............Do u get the gist of wat im saying??

Neo said:

It should be changed from daily update to three articles per week.

It was an excellent idea, because people hold strong views (even stronger mite i add than they hold about defence) but its difficult to get them started. These articles wud have helped to jump start arguments but this hasnt happened becoz of the swamping.

Good points, totally with you in this!

I'll take it in consideration but do hope to get your cooperation in heavy debates.
It would be good to have a few Indians there aswell so we can discuss the whole Indian Subcontinent.

Yes Sig is right and Neo thts the prob man u flood the section with so many news that no one take note of these :(.

BTW whr were u?

Back
Top Bottom