What's new

Egypt K-8 Karakorum trainer for IAF?

i realy wonder when IAF can buy such costly fighters lyk su-30 , MRCA then y cant they buy good trainers which are necessary for pilot training and from there they will go to fly Su-30 and Mirages but if there basics will not b gud then how the hell they will fly the 4.5 gen aircrafts thats y lot of crashes occured in IAF

what will answer IAF???????/ i don't think they will accept it. are they ???? serius qes no harm please

Egypt as lost there damn minds.. breaking rules.

Egypt as lost there damn minds.. breaking rules.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, Pakistan had nothing to do with the Egyptian contract which was signed with CATIC. Moreover, the aircrafts were built under license in Egypt with parts supplied from China. How is Pakistan dictating its use? I would assume that such reservations (if at all) will be from China.

Secondly, this was a suggestion made by one person to which IAF refused without even giving it a second thought. This was bound to happen as we "DO NOT" need a BJT at this stage. Our need is for a stage-1 trainer and the process to get new birds has already started.

I fail to understand why or how this issue is being discussed for so long :disagree:!!

any specific reason why egypt offered us K-8 Karakorum:hang2:

They see Pakistani pilots better than Indians, so they thought that it must be the training jet Pakistan uses that makes them better pilots, therefore being the friends that they are, they offered to India these trainers in good faith.

Little Egytians know that it not the Equipment, but the man behind it, makes the differance.

Historically Egyptian Airforce and the IAF have something great in common: They both have been annihilated in the past .

Egyptians have learned to move on with better training and results, whereas the IAF has not despite of inducting high-tech fighter jets.

So, in this case, it's really a good thing. If Egyptians train the IAF, at least we'll have some good competition.

I personally think PAF should make an official offer to train Indian pilots. At least it might save some young jawans lives. The news of this might smack some sense in their political babus.

Because at the rate their attrition and self-destruction is going, whose the PAF going to fight when it comes to war?

Pakistan has 25% stake at K8 project. Egypt might be the largest user of K8 and procured 120 planes according to the two contracts signed. Egypt should not be able to offer new K8s to any other country without consensus of China and Pakistan. I don't believe that Egypt is planning to use K8 in dealing with India. On the other hand Indian pilots are not unhappy with their stunning toys. Why should they need a safer trainer?

Pakistan has 25% stake at K8 project. Egypt might be the largest user of K8 and procured 120 planes according to the two contracts signed. Egypt should not be able to offer new K8s to any other country without consensus of China and Pakistan. I don't believe that Egypt is planning to use K8 in dealing with India. On the other hand Indian pilots are not unhappy with their stunning toys. Why should they need a safer trainer?

It was not "NEW" K-8's. The article talks about egyptian air force K-8's which if IAF desires could be made available for training as an "interim" solution. I still fail to understand why we are discussing this issue at such length!!

What should have been discussed in the original thread is the need for the MoD to stop this RFI/RFP fiasco when the requirement is urgent and lives are at stake (as is clearly the case here).

Who called chinese planes cheap Junk here ? Did India ask Egypt for those planes ? Good way to rake up non-issue to bash India old-habits die hard.

Stop making allegations against India where it is uncalled for that too without substance.

Read the thread properly. I have not been bitten by a rabid dog to write what I did without reason. Even beyond this thread, the connotation is always that Chinese gear is cheap and I am certainly not the one saying it.

Historically Egyptian Airforce and the IAF have something great in common: They both have been annihilated in the past .

Egyptians have learned to move on with better training and results, whereas the IAF has not despite of inducting high-tech fighter jets.

So, in this case, it's really a good thing. If Egyptians train the IAF, at least we'll have some good competition.

I personally think PAF should make an official offer to train Indian pilots. At least it might save some young jawans lives. The news of this might smack some sense in their political babus.

Because at the rate their attrition and self-destruction is going, whose the PAF going to fight when it comes to war?
When did that happen???????????? Man Y r u insulting three Airforces at a time.
Ask any airmen about the rivals, they will surely hold respect for their enemy.
WE Have discussed this issue to the core. PAF and IAF has different policy altogether. Dont compare.
Given the rate of flying hours in training we r finding it difficult to get one that suits our purpose. K-8 offered as interim solution-----Rejected. OVER

They see Pakistani pilots better than Indians, so they thought that it must be the training jet Pakistan uses that makes them better pilots, therefore being the friends that they are, they offered to India these trainers in good faith.

Little Egytians know that it not the Equipment, but the man behind it, makes the differance.

I have heard this useless argument that PAF pilots are better than IAF pilots. Any source or official statement made by anyone anywhere?

And please provide agency ratings not someone's WORD:

India has moved onto platforms which are superior to what Pakistan is flying currently. None apart from the Mig 21 is a third gen plane in Indian inventory.

Newer platforms need newer ways of fighting Eg. THE F-22. So if you are stuck with 60-70s planes in your inventory i.e. in the 60-70 style of training then I can on those very basis reject your argument that PAF pilots are better than IAF pilots.

Not to mention that IAF pilots have proved their mettle at Red Flag - without AWACs support and radars on their planes. So think before you write stuff. Or if it was just to Placate yourself then it is fine! Keep Placating yourself!

:pop:

When did that happen???????????? Man Y r u insulting three Airforces at a time.
Ask any airmen about the rivals, they will surely hold respect for their enemy.
WE Have discussed this issue to the core. PAF and IAF has different policy altogether. Dont compare.
Given the rate of flying hours in training we r finding it difficult to get one that suits our purpose. K-8 offered as interim solution-----Rejected. OVER
Yeah right Rejection is fine but dissing Chinese and Pakistani Aircraft isn't :police:, Secondly why would even egypt think of that:hitwall:

HHhahahhahahhaha:rofl:
Nice Joke cheap Chinese jf-17 which even China does not use for Mighty India:rofl:
I liked this joke :partay:
Well that Cheap Chinese K8 can fly and perform its duties very well unlike ur MIGHTY INDIAN:rofl: trainer Deepak (a junk like Arjun:lol:) ALWAYS CRASHES, RIP to the pilots who have ever flown it,
And our JF17 is way better then MIGHTY INDIAN:rofl: LCA or other Flying coffins:blah:

Back
Top Bottom