What's new

Elon Musk among experts urging a halt to AI training

he knows no one would listen, he just wants his "told ya" moment.

once AI generated content fills up the internet and then used to train AI in a feedback loop, is when the real trouble begins

Just like how homo-sapiens became the dominant species and made Neanderthals and other species extinct, a similar fate awaits human beings when we become dumb due to over dependence on robots in the future. Evolution is so beautiful.

Above every technology and program is a human , at the moment. I had a discussion with a few software engineers and they were arguing that AI is over inflated and over rated. I said yes at the moment perhaps but give it another 30 years of learning then Doctors, teachers, receptionists, lawyers, pyschotherapists etc will be redundant. I said to them that the incredulous view they held was similar to the incredulous view I held for autonomous cars until I saw them driving around in Mountain view. A nation that does not invest in AI will be left in the dumps of history and could well become extinct.
You are right about the eventual outcome. What I am not comfortable with is the impact it is likely to have on low skilled jobs. The world has too much population, and many of them are not highly skilled or adaptive. These are people who cannot climb on to the AI gravy train. Yes, AI will create its own kind of jobs, but the ones filling them will be the highly skilled workers. For example, 20 AI programmers killing 5000 manual jobs. Are we ready for it? The people who perform those jobs in most cases may not even have basic IT skill sets, let alone machine learning and AI. They cannot suddenly transition. In fact they may not be able to transition at all. This is the reason ordinary graduates are driving taxis and delivering food packets in our era. Their education was of no use. If the AI onslaught comes faster than people anticipate, prepare for another generation of taxi driver equivalents, who are frustrated that no matter what they do, they can never keep up and are always scraping the bottom of the barrel. Eliminating jobs because a few geniuses think they can do so is not very fair in my book.

Ever since he invented paypal, then went on to invent electric cars, after which he invented underground transportation, then solar energy, followed by rocketry.

There is a difference between inventing and establishing..

This is just fraud. They are doing reverse advertising, by pretension that AI will be a great threat towards humanity. What they aim for is to actually tell the world how great and powerful AI is. They would then make astronomical sums of money from AI companies.

AI is downright dumb! AI is nothing more then a huge slave computer of man. We pull the power plug and it dies. How smart can AI be.

Don't believe in these modern marvels of fantasies, of black holes, gravitational waves and AI becoming alive and taking over human civilization.

I think it’s imperative that eastern countries plus Islamic ones start one consolidate program if they want to survive as a civilization. This is another weapon that will be use to undermine non western societies. Bring Iran, India (hopefully the Hindutva scums disappears), Chinese, and Russia to start a mega Center of Excellence for AI. Just my thoughts. Aside from Algerians, I wouldn’t trust any Sunni nations as they are mere puppets and will undermine the unity.

robot-robotic.gif

i for one welcome our robotic overlords as long as they make my waifu a reality, they will certainly be better than the current handful of elites that are ruling our world.

Attachments

• 1680193145893574.gif
    1680193145893574.gif
    86.1 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom