What's new

Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw's interview, 1971 war, US 7th Fleet & N weapons

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score
Quick points

> He was confident of the victory.

> Admitted that in case of use of N weapons by the US he'll be helpless.

> He was confident that in case the US 7th fleet intervenes conventionally his guys would beat the 7th fleet.

> He had compassion for PoWs as well.

> Criticizes politicization of military in 1962 which led to defeat of India.

A great human being and India's best military strategist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bl[i]tZ;2591005 said:
Quick points

> He was confident of the victory.

> Admitted that in case of use of N weapons by the US he'll be helpless.

> He was confident that in case the US 7th fleet intervenes conventionally his guys would beat the 7th fleet.

> He had compassion for PoWs as well.

> Criticizes politicization of military in 1962 which led to defeat of India.

A great human being and India's best military strategist.

Thanks for this video! Respect!

One of the best Army Chief for the mother land.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Best part btw 3:15 to 3:24

my salute to this man

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

we would have never lost the China war. we never even thought that china would attack and thier army is completely ready for war. complete leadership fail. we should have taken them seriously and prepared the army immediately.

We attacked china first and history shows us what happens to aggressors.

Does anyonehave the interview of Gen Jacob?

here it is!! btw.. i don't believe some of the things he is saying here. it seems to me that he trying to take all the credit for the fall of dacca & the surrender of Pakistani soldiers.. which in reality isn't correct. He was just following the orders of Gen Manekshaw & Gen Arora at the time..

here it is!! btw.. i don't believe some of the things he is saying here. it seems to me that he trying to take all the credit for the fall of dacca & the surrender of Pakistani soldiers.. which in reality isn't correct. He was just following the orders of Gen Manekshaw & Gen Arora at the time..

i agree with you , i read his book recently . its was a load of boll0cks. he seemed to want to take credit for everything:rolleyes: .

i agree with you , i read his book recently . its was a load of boll0cks. he seemed to want to take credit for everything:rolleyes: .

that's true! funniest part... he came out with those claims only after the demise of both Gen Aurora & Gen Manekshaw. Jacob was a good general & a brilliant strategist. It's just that he is a glory hunter too..

Back
Top Bottom