What's new

foreign NGOs were behind Indian anti nuclear protests in 2011 says Singh

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
In TN foreign NGO funds played a major part in anti Nuclear protest.
It was disheartening to see, that a church was used by protestors against govt, when Indian law clearly states religious places should not be used for propaganda against state.
Law must take its course. Already many org were banned by govt, thats why the movement have lost its steam.

In TN foreign NGO funds played a major part in anti Nuclear protest.
It was disheartening to see, that a church was used by protestors against govt, when Indian law clearly states religious places should not be used for propaganda against state.
Law must take its course. Already many org were banned by govt, thats why the movement have lost its steam.

Then action should be taken against the church. We all want the power plant to get completed as fast as possible.

mate,Koodankulam is more of a public relations failure than any thing else

Some anti nuclear goon brainwashes the poor fisherman that the 'plant is a potential threat'.The people are worried and agitated and stage protests

The TN government should have convinced the people that the N-plant is safe...instead this is what TN goverment do....

Kudankulam600.jpg

Idoits have lost oppertunity to utilise the PR skills of one of Indias most respected and popular technocrats:hitwall:

kalam-visits-kudankulam-295.jpg

^^Yes that is what the reality is...that is the style of ADMK they will shoot first then only ask questions..... when i talked to folks from that place they say the gov. said they will dump the nuclear waste 50+ kms in the sea and wont affect them in any way and thats why they are protesting...even villages far away from the plant have been told it will affect them also in future...so everyone is kinda scared by these folks .

mate,Koodankulam is more of a public relations failure than any thing else

Some anti nuclear goon brainwashes the poor fisherman that the 'plant is a potential threat'.The people are worried and agitated and stage protests

The TN government should have convinced the people that the N-plant is safe...instead this is what TN goverment do....

Kudankulam600.jpg

Idoits have lost oppertunity to utilise the PR skills of one of Indias most respected and popular technocrats:hitwall:

kalam-visits-kudankulam-295.jpg

What u mean? APJ came and talked to protestors and gave his own reports. But the protestors ignored him, and also said, they wont hear him, since he is a nuclear scientist.
I agree, Public relations was a failure. But have it given power to the Bishop to use the church for propaganda against state?
No religious places should be used for propaganda against state. As a tamilian, i know perfectly what happened.
Every meeting was held at the church. Why?
Still no action was taken against the bishop nor the church.
If it had been a poojari or a Imam , they would have been jail by now. I am talking about impartiality here. I have a lot of christian friends here, who shares my sentiment.
U see, after all the NGO's were banned, the activity have lost steam. U can see, there are hardly any protest now.

Then action should be taken against the church. We all want the power plant to get completed as fast as possible.

For reasons unknown, though charges were filed against the church and the Bishop, police have not initiated any action.

Even tongue in cheek humor attracts Godwin law from insecure members ....:lol:

....are you suggesting salaries of Priests are not paid by Vatican?

or donations by Syrian christians from the US does not fund the church ?

Let me offer you India Today ...an 'secular' pro congress publication....

Independent churches mushroom across india attracting foreign funds

....Tamil Nadu has attracted most of the independent churches, thanks to foreign contributions, which stood at Rs.775 crore during 2002-03 and went up to Rs.2,244 crore during 2006-07. Chennai tops the list of cities receiving foreign contributions: Rs.363 crore in 2002-03 to Rs.929 crore in 2006-07.

......The number of churches attached to the Kerala-based Pentecostal Council of India (PCI), has gone from 700 in 1996 to nearly 3,000 and is still growing. According to PCI, more than 1,000 applications for affiliation are pending. The membership strength of these churches has increased to one million from 25,000."The rise in wealth and hierarchy of thetraditional churches have distancedtraditional churches from ordinary believers who are attracted by the personal,emotional and evangelist appeals of the new groups that offer instant wealth and health through prayers," said Father John Isaac, a Catholic priest. A new church, Divine Feast, in Kottayam, Kerala, hasattracted more than 8,000 members within three years of its formation.

The continuing exodus from their flock has shocked the state's traditional churches, which have a total membership of more than six million, or 19 per cent of Kerala's population. The Kerala Catholic Bishops Council (KCBC)-the apex organisation of bishops from the Catholic church, the largest traditional Christian church-has made a fervent appeal to its flock to distance themselves from the "new generation churches" and prayer groups.

...It is difficult to count the number of independent churches in India. The Evangelical Fellowship of India (EFI), an umbrella group of evangelical organisations in India, has around 35,000 independent churches under its wing.

How about Deccan Herald ?
Church funds equal Indian Navys

Christians are a mere 2.5 per cent of the country’s population. But, the Church in India suffers from a case of plenty, says Remy Denis, All India Catholic Union President.

For reasons unknown, though charges were filed against the church and the Bishop, police have not initiated any action.

That is because, it will flare into a minority + communal problem. Govt has done the best thing, cut off the funds and banned those useless NGO's. Some people here are thinking that Christians in India are supporting the west in Harming India.

Its not a Christian Problem, but problems caused by illiteracy and poverty. Few hundred rupees a day and you will find lots of Indians ( of all religion ) ready to work, who cares whether its pro India or Anti India, as long as their stomachs are filled.

are you suggesting salaries of Priests are not paid by Vatican?

Stop bloody RSS hindutvavadi logic;the salaries and other thing are paid from the Parish itself;Holy See is the Spiritual Head

or donations by Syrian christians from the US does not fund the church ?

Yes they do donate;In what way is it a problem??

Let me offer you India Today ...an 'secular' pro congress publication....

Independent churches mushroom across india attracting foreign funds

Kid,they are talking about Independent Churches (protestents) which mushroom out of nowhere who run around and add more and more people to their newly formed community...
You can see lot of them in Kerala..issueing brochers everywhere,visiting home after home to convert more and more people

A Parishes belongings are held and governed mostly by Christians and not priests...

That is because, it will flare into a minority + communal problem. Govt has done the best thing, cut off the funds and banned those useless NGO's. Some people here are thinking that Christians in India are supporting the west in Harming India.

Its not a Christian Problem, but problems caused by illiteracy and poverty. Few hundred rupees a day and you will find lots of Indians ( of all religion ) ready to work, who cares whether its pro India or Anti India, as long as their stomachs are filled.

I for one, would have wanted the same action, if the same had been done by Hindus.
Anyway, its good, that they have cut the foreign funds. We need the power more badly than ever. Rural TN faces 14-16 hours cut per day.
Textile capital Tirupur have suffered a slowdown in business.
No. Christians are more patriotic to India. I know that.
I am talking about the scenario regarding Koodankulam alone. Russia was the India best friend. They burning Russian Flag, tells u the question. Now Christians and Hindus were involved in that demostration.
And the protest was speerheaded by an Educated person, SP Udayakumar. So we cannot claim, all were illetrate. Its the educated, who spew lies. and these people believe them.

Stop bloody RSS hindutvavadi logic;the salaries and other thing are paid from the Parish itself;Holy See is the Spiritual Head

Yes they do donate;In what way is it a problem??

Kid,they are talking about Independent Churches (protestents) which mushroom out of nowhere who run around and add more and more people to their newly formed community...
You can see lot of them in Kerala..issueing brochers everywhere,visiting home after home to convert more and more people

A Parishes belongings are held and governed mostly by Christians and not priests...

What do they know about Christians in India ? They only see conversions, but never investigate why that happens or who converts them....

Anyways its offtopic...

What u mean? APJ came and talked to protestors and gave his own reports. But the protestors ignored him, and also said, they wont hear him, since he is a nuclear scientist.

It should have happened much much earlier.....

But have it given power to the Bishop to use the church for propaganda against state?

No religious places should be used for propaganda against state. As a tamilian, i know perfectly what happened.
Every meeting was held at the church. Why?

Think clearly mate:Since most of people there are Christians??

Dont potray the christian community as traitors...India's space program owes a lot to another Bishop and a meeting held at a church(I hope you know that)

U see, after all the NGO's were banned, the activity have lost steam. U can see, there are hardly any protest now.

Much needed.But are you Forgetting the activities of our media??
For example ......
The Hindu(or 'The Chindu'??)was having a special section for anti-nuclear articles every day when protests were at its peak

I know a Kerala news Channel who was airing all kinds of anti-nuclear films many times a day for a week

PS:I am Pro-Nuclear

Back
Top Bottom