What's new

Good News:JF17/FC -1 is sure to sell to a second country

From yr site:

4th generation are supersonic aircrafts with a digitally constructed infrastructure, with fully integrated computerized systems

China does not have above!

and this:

The only limit are the laws of physics and the human being. Included in this generation are, the F-22, F-35, the Rafale, the Eurofighter and the Gripen.

please read my posts completely--

The above is typical examples for the differences in the definition of jet fighter generations in Europe and the US/Russia.

That an aircraft doesn't feature everything linked to a certain generation or that a certain technology/capability doesn't exactly match that of another aircraft of this generation doesn't mean that it doesn't belong to it

Regarding digitally constructed infrastructure, fully integrated computerized systems -- give examples , so we can find common grounds

I presume youve gone through this thread first, otherwise all the discussions will be futile
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool.html

Russia and China had originally signed an end-user certificate for the Klimov RD-93 engines preventing China from exporting the JF-17 to Pakistan, after protests by Pakistan's adversary, India. In 2007 however, the Russian government reversed their decision after the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, signed the permission for re-export of the engines to Pakistan and six other countries

experts will give you some better answer but i will tell you something

1- JF-17 hasn't reached its final stage. Its specs are not frozen, and it will see upgrades in near future. So anyone interested in the aircraft would wait for the final specs to get a better deal
There is no such thing as 'not frozen' in fighters... they keep on developing and developing JF17...JF17-Blk2 ----JF-XX etc....[/COLOR]

They will keep on developing, its ture but who will buy the aircraft in the state which is still not inducted by China (its manufacturer). Its still looking for more powerful engine, western avoinics, better radar etc.[/QUOTE]

2- PAF is operating this fighter and world have already seen its capabilities in even there were days when only USA was operating F-16 1 generation and world went for it.. so its the mind bhind the machines bascially....

[/QUOTE] PAF is only operating this Aircraft, i agree. But what capabilities are you taking abt here which are seen by world. Like how many BVR it has fired till now and which are shown, how many long range missiles it has fired, Any anti ship missile it has fired and shown , or does it has been integrated and fired any cruise missiles from it or how many percision guided ammuniation it has successfully carried and dropped and shown to all. If guys like Jagjitnath expressing the views and real story here, why you feel like something burning ?? If Its such matured platform in current state then why donot you share the confirmed order details for JF-17, why always romours? [/QUOTE]

2 sqr are more then engouh to evaluate any fighter...
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE] With which air force?? [/QUOTE]

Can you please elobrate on above mentioned points.

Last edited:
Dear All, let's not get defensive about the JF-17 or get into attacking our Indian partners in the forum. Some very important questions have been raised about the JF-17. Right now there are a lot of unknowns like the new AESA radar, IFR, IRST, multiple weapons racks, BVR missiles, composites, new engine, increased TWR?

Any country thinking of buying this plane would want to know what the future direction is, in order to evaluate its options. The current JF-17 squadron is a ground attack squadron attacking tribal areas with no air power to challenge it. That is not a realistic wartime scenario.

The JF-17 has come a long way and the PAF should be very proud of its accomplishments, but a lot more work has to be done and is being done. Moreover, it really depends on the country buying the plane. I am sure a country like Nigeria would not care about an AESA radar, where Egypt or Venezuela would, as the latter already has the Su-30.

Lastly, there are a lot of unknowns as a lot of these negotiations are secret and countries are tight-lipped about them. I guess only time will tell... Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks again, Couple of days ago there was headlines in some private pak tv that due to order the production will be 7 ( i did not know before how many they were producing and this figure is yearly or monthly or daily (lol) ). if i remember it right. It means jf17 is have some buyers ( i hope ).

Good for CHINA AND PAKISTAN

TARIQ

New progress:It's Egypt,and more than 48.
:yahoo::yahoo:

It's a very good news for both China and Pakistan!:china::pakistan:

Even if the order is not finalized maybe bcz Egypt will wait to see the upcoming upgrades for the JF-17 future blocks and then finilized the order but the will to buy an aproximate number of these jets is a new goal achieved. No matter if the orders will start coming from 2014-15 but what really matters is that we get the orders!:yahoo:

Now please stop with the crap comments and lets try to have some healthy discussion. We already knows what we want to do and how will evolve this JF-17 Thunder in the near future.

Dear All, let's not get defensive about the JF-17 or get into attacking our Indian partners in the forum. Some very important questions have been raised about the JF-17. Right now there are a lot of unknowns like the new AESA radar, IFR, IRST, multiple weapons racks, BVR missiles, composites, new engine, increased TWR?

Any country thinking of buying this plane would want to know what the future direction is, in order to evaluate its options.
The current JF-17 squadron is a ground attack squadron attacking tribal areas with no air power to challenge it. That is not a realistic wartime scenario.

The JF-17 has come a long way and the PAF should be very proud of its accomplishments, but a lot more work has to be done and is being done. Moreover, it really depends on the country buying the plane. I am sure a country like Nigeria would not care about an AESA radar, where Egypt or Venezuela would, as the latter already has the Su-30.

Lastly, there are a lot of unknowns as a lot of these negotiations are secret and countries are tight-lipped about them. I guess only time will tell... Thanks!

Most of these integrations are still underway in ALL the new fighters aswell

EUROFIGHTER PENDING UPGRADES

In 2002, the MBDA Meteor was selected as the long range air-to-air missile armament of Eurofighter Typhoon.[89][90] Pending Meteor availability, Typhoon will be equipped with the Raytheon AMRAAM. The current in-service date for Meteor is predicted to be August 2012.[90]

In 2009, Eurofighter operators and manufacturers are considering upgrading the current fleet with the possibility of adding the MBDA Meteor missile and an Active Electronically Scanned Array radar.[48]

Eurojet is attempting to find funding to test a thrust vectoring nozzle (TVN) on a flight demonstrator.[91]

The RAF is working on fitting conformal fuel tanks (CFT) to free up limited underwing space for weapons.[92][N 2]

PGMs, ?
Stand-off missiles? Typhoon lacks them for the time to come.
Air to ground E/O,L ?
Litening 3 with ROVER III only on RAF Typhoons with austere AG package and not fully integrated anyway. Should be resolved with block 9.
Precision strike, ?Independent precision strike only against fixed targets at short ranges right now and only for RAF block 5 with austere AG package.

UAE Demands for Rafale Improvements are Revealing

From the current issue of DSI magazine, in an article called "Awaiting the UAE":

And about the UAE demand to have a more powerful RBE2 radar, could it answer to some expectations for the Air force?

The Air Force is interested in having a RBE2 with an active antenna. It is now established with the powerful AESA antenna which will equip our tranche 4 Rafale
They want, in addition to the AESA, to have new functionalities on their Rafale, such as GMTT / GMTI (detection and tracking of moving ground target), interlacing between air/air and air/ground modes, etc..
The Emirians want a viewfinder-HMD
Initial deliveries of the Rafale M were to the F1 ("France 1") standard. This meant that the aircraft was suitable for air-to-air combat, replacing the obsolescent F-8 Crusader as the Aviation Navale's carrier-based fighter, but not equipped or armed for air-to-ground operations.

Rafale, radars, fail.
Rafale, engines, unacceptable, as designed
Rafale air to air missiles, MICA IR marginal, radar homer, epic fail.
Air to ground, current E/OL obsolete, still awaiting Damocles.
Dumb bombs, has dropped them IN COMBAT.
CM, failed against US tests..
PGMs, epic fail also IN COMBAT.
Precision strike, testing, looks promising

-------------
all this info just took me a minute to collect

Last edited:
Right now there are a lot of unknowns like the new AESA radar, IFR, IRST, multiple weapons racks, BVR missiles, composites, new engine, increased TWR?

Do you want these details to be disclosed openly? No way! Only potential buyers will be having these details! And I am 100% sure that we already have made deal finalised with Egypt!
And do you think these planes will be deliverd next month or so! It will definalty take time and thus surly be having all those goodies integrated with JFT except TWR. Take indian MRCA contest as an example! Does F-16IN exist? No, but it has been offered to India to meet the requirements of India.
Infact authorities would surly have satisfied Egypt with current progress on integration of above mentioned goodies before finalization of this deal.

Ok. Let me put up my points, and if u think otherwise, ur points are welcome as well.

1. JF-17 hasn't reached its final stage. Its specs are not frozen, and it will see upgrades in near future. So anyone interested in the aircraft would wait for the final specs to get a better deal

2. There is no other operator of JF-17 other than Pakistan, and no more than 2 squadrons are up and running. No country would invest in an aircraft so early. Not even if the aircraft was from US or Russia. They would rather see it mature, and then decide on it.

3. Evaluating an aircraft takes time. Any country interested in JF would first evaluate it. It will take months. And of course that country would also evaluate other aircraft to compare this aircraft with, which would take its own time. Only after that, a decision would be made on whether an order has been placed or not.

I am surprised, I didn't even say anything bad about the aircraft, and yet I am being shouted at. Are you so insecure about this aircraft? :woot:

Baby,It's LCA

I don't like these type of jump-the-gun releases. The Chinese and Pakistanis should realize for every such positive gain made in sales efforts there will be 10 more people spending their efforts to get the sale cancelled.

Usually we get a lot of threads which are posted by naive children of some general or the other on this forum where a kid will go like "I have inside news about so and so defence deal" Next thing you know hostile nations are actively pursuing to get that deal cancelled.

I strongly encourage some degree of self-censorship to be exercised by the Pakistanis and Chinese alike. We are both nations that are going through very big challenges and have big nations hostile towards us. We have to be smart about these things.

We will talk about the JF-17 sale when the contracts get signed.

They will keep on developing, its ture but who will buy the aircraft in the state which is still not inducted by China (its manufacturer). Its still looking for more powerful engine, western avoinics, better radar etc.
[/COLOR]

2- PAF is operating this fighter and world have already seen its capabilities in even there were days when only USA was operating F-16 1 generation and world went for it.. so its the mind bhind the machines bascially....

[/QUOTE] PAF is only operating this Aircraft, i agree. But what capabilities are you taking abt here which are seen by world. Like how many BVR it has fired till now and which are shown, how many long range missiles it has fired, Any anti ship missile it has fired and shown , or does it has been integrated and fired any cruise missiles from it or how many percision guided ammuniation it has successfully carried and dropped and shown to all. If guys like Jagjitnath expressing the views and real story here, why you feel like something burning ?? If Its such matured platform in current state then why donot you share the confirmed order details for JF-17, why always romours? [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you please elobrate on above mentioned points.[/QUOTE]

I hope you got your all answers if you reed posts below yours...

First of all the manufacturer of JF-17 is not jsut china its Pakistan and China thats what you indians are afraid off :)

secondly PAF is world well known Airforce and everyone knows its capabilities.....

Thirdly capabilities you have mentioned are not being shown on this forum :) its a not even going in leaks :) coz we are not USA hahahhahhahah

:pakistan::china:

Hi xuwei. Well, I don't understand other language especially Chinese. So I will ask if what the link says?

Thanks.

[/COLOR]

PAF is only operating this Aircraft, i agree. But what capabilities are you taking abt here which are seen by world. Like how many BVR it has fired till now and which are shown, how many long range missiles it has fired, Any anti ship missile it has fired and shown , or does it has been integrated and fired any cruise missiles from it or how many percision guided ammuniation it has successfully carried and dropped and shown to all. If guys like Jagjitnath expressing the views and real story here, why you feel like something burning ?? If Its such matured platform in current state then why donot you share the confirmed order details for JF-17, why always romours? [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you please elobrate on above mentioned points.[/QUOTE]

I hope you got your all answers if you reed posts below yours...

First of all the manufacturer of JF-17 is not jsut china its Pakistan and China thats what you indians are afraid off :)

secondly PAF is world well known Airforce and everyone knows its capabilities.....

Thirdly capabilities you have mentioned are not being shown on this forum :) its a not even going in leaks :) coz we are not USA hahahhahhahah

[/QUOTE]

Ya, i got my answer fanboy :hitwall::hitwall: If you donot have any source for ur claims & fanboy stories pls keep ur :whistle: instead of :blah::argh:

I think it will too. Its a cheap and affortable fighter. Africa, Latin America, parts of Asia, etc are good markets.

Only a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom