What's new

Hafiz Saeed vows jihad against India will continue

sachin@india

BANNED
Reaction score
LAHORE:
Jamaatud Dawa (JD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed vowed on Sunday that the jihad to oust Indian forces from Kashmir would continue, the first time he has made a reference to jihad since his group was declared a terrorist outfit by the United Nations in 2009.

Saeed was speaking at the ‘Difa-i-Pakistan Conference’, a gathering of thousands of supporters of Wahhabi and Deobandi parties at Minar-i-Pakistan on Sunday to protest against ‘US and Nato terrorism’. All the speakers at the rally called for jihad and told their supporters to prepare for war.

During his speech, Difa-i-Pakistan Council Chairman Maulana Samiul Haq read out an oath to the audience that they would participate in jihad when the Council gave the call. “We will attack Indian, US, Russian and Nato forces if they try to violate Pakistan’s sovereignty,” they said, repeating after Haq.

Haq said the various parties at the conference had united and would work together until their goals were achieved.

The organisers had invited the parents of men killed fighting in Kashmir and Afghanistan to the conference. A man who had lost three sons and two nephews was called to the dais to speak briefly. From the stage, men on loudspeakers led the crowd in chants of ‘Sabilina sabilina, al jihad al jihad’, ‘India ka aik ilaaj, al jihad al jihad’.

‘Difa-i-Pakistan jihad-i-fi sabilillah se hoga’ (Pakistan’s defence is only possible through jihad) proclaimed a huge banner, decorated with images of missiles, tanks and fighter jets, that formed the backdrop to the stage. Speakers walked to the stage accompanied by gunmen.

The crowd was dominated by JD activists waving the group’s black and white striped flag, which is also the flag of Lashkar-i-Taiba, proscribed as a terrorist outfit by Pakistan. In December 2009, the UN declared JD an alias of LT, which is believed responsible for the Mumbai terror attacks.

Some in the crowd also waved the flag of Sipah-i-Sahaba, another banned terrorist outfit. Supporters of the Jamaat-i-Islami, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam (Sami), Tanzim-i-Islami, Aalmai Khatme Nabuwat, Tanzim Mashaikh Azzaam, Jamiat Ahle Hadith and Majlis-i-Ahrar also turned out in large numbers.

In his address, Hafiz Saeed said jihad was obligatory for Muslims. He said if the Americans tried to invade Pakistan, they would be resisted and killed. He said America had been trying to get Israel to take out Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, but was now planning the task itself. He said that Pakistan and Afghanistan were like twin brothers; whoever tried to harm one, would have to face the people of the other country. He demanded that the Pakistani government end all contacts with the US. He said that a similar rally would be held in Rawalpindi. “We will no longer fight America’s war, we will fight Pakistan’s war,” he said.

Saeed said that his support for Kashmir remained firm. “We were with Kashmiris and are with Kashmiris,” he said.

He said that JD would not allow the government to grant most-favoured nation trading status to India. “We will surround the markets where Indian goods are sold,” he said, adding a call for revenge against India for the separation of Bangladesh from Pakistan.

JD leader Hafiz Abdul Rehman Makki said that the participants wielding JD flags had been trained to use rifles and Kalashnikovs. “When they head towards India with weapons, no one can resist them,” he said.

Former ministers Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed and Ijazul Haq, son of the late dictator Gen Ziaul Haq, also addressed the participants.

Maulana Ahmad Ludhianvi spoke against Ahmedis. He said that US-Pakistani businessman Mansoor Ijaz was an Ahmedi and was conspiring against Pakistan in the form of the memo scandal. He said 4,000 young people he had sent for jihad had died.

Former Inter Services Intelligence chief General (retired) Hameed Gul said Pakistan did not want war against the US, but “America has destroyed our lives and now we have no choice but to take a firm stand against it”. He said that he supported those who wanted to fight for the country after the Nato strikes that killed 24 soldiers. He said that an Islamic revolution, not general elections, was what Pakistanis needed to resolve their problems.

Syed Ziaullah Shah Bukhari, Maulana Tahir Ashrafi, Maulana Zahidul Raashdi, Abdullah Shah Mazhar, Hafiz Ibtisam Ilahi Zaheer, Maulana Mazhar Javed and Maulana Bashir Ahmed Sial also spoke at the rally.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 19th, 2011.

Hafiz Saeed vows jihad against India will continue – The Express Tribune

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

‘Defenders’ vow jihad against West, India

LAHORE, Dec 18: A grouping of right-wing parties swearing by jihad threw their bit into the political furnace in the country with a big public meeting at the Minar-i-Pakistan on Sunday.

The Difaa-i-Pakistan Conference (defence of Pakistan conference) ) was billed as a Jamaat-ud-Dawa-Jamiat-i-Ulema-Islam-S show to protest the western aggression and recent developments in ties with India.

The star speaker, JuD chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, warned the United States to avoid creating troubles for Pakistan.

Otherwise, he said, the JuD and workers of other like-minded parties knew what action to take.

“Today I send out a message to Americans. We will give you due respect as guests in line with our religion. But if you come here to deprive Pakistan of its nuclear assets, to martyr our soldiers in Mohmand Agency-like incidents, kill innocent people as Raymond Davis had done and use our country’s airbases for spying, we will defend our country with full force.”

The Difaa-i-Pakistan Council (DPC), which organised the rally in collaboration with JuD, is an alliance of some 40 parties. Their views were represented by more than a score of speakers at the meeting, which was also addressed by Awami Muslim League president Sheikh Rashid and Ijazul Haq, who heads his own faction of the Muslim League.

In his speech, Hafiz Saeed said the DPC leaders planned to meet Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and ask him to announce a date for Pakistan’s dissociation with the war and terror. He said Pakistan must end those agreements with the United States which were hurting our national interests.

The rally attracted large number of people, many of whom had come from other cities in vans and buses sporting party flags.

Around 15 mounted guards provided an added security cover to JuD Chief Hafiz Saeed.

India was another country which concerned the Dawa chief. He strongly opposed the most favoured nation status for India, repeating his old position that this would damage the Kashmir cause. He pledged to carry on with the jihad in the valley until Kashmir’s liberation.

“Let me convey it clearly: we will not only go to parliament but also encircle the Pakistani markets selling Indian goods under the MFN arrangement,” he warned.

Hafiz Saeed promised to avenge the demolishing of Babri Mosque and killing of Muslims in Gujarat and the Samjhauta Express burning a few years ago. “We also tell the Indians, the Americans and other western countries that Pakistan will be ruled by the Mohammadi order,” he said.

The DPC head and Jamiat-i-Ulema Islam (Sami) chief, Maulana Sami-ul-Haq, took oath from the participants that they will defend the country against all aggressors. He hailed the meeting as one which had achieved its objectives.

“The DPC is not a temporary alliance. It will work forever as a movement against conspirators against Pakistan,” he said.

Maulana Haq introduced the DPC also as a movement of jihad and welfare of the people that wanted to turn Pakistan into an Islamic welfare state “as envisioned by its founder, the Quaid-i-Azam.” He said the DPC had invited all religious and political
parties of the country to the conference, but some ignored the invitation due to unknown reasons.

Former ISI chief Hameed Gul, who was another key speaker at the meeting, said the US was hurt by “defeat in Afghanistan” and now planned to attack Pakistan like a wounded animal. He reminded President Barrack Obama of the disastrous effects a
nuclear bomb could have on anyone casting an evil eye on Pakistan.

Former federal minister Ijazul Haq said the US was trying to get out of the war on terror as it is faced with a clear defeat in Afghanistan. He criticised the Pakistan government for awarding the MFN status to a country that has perpetuated state terrorism (in Kashmir). It was Ijazul Haq who also read out a message from nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadir Khan in which Dr Khan offered to sacrifice himself for the defence of Pakistan.

In recourse to domestic politics and in an obvious reference to the possible role the DPC can play in it, former minister Sheikh Rashid told the meeting that Pakistan was threatened not by the US or India — but some internal elements. He declared he had recently become a follower of the JuD chief Hafiz Saeed.

Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf leader Ijaz Chaudhry read out a message to the DPC conference from PTI chief Imran Khan which asked for an exposure of those behind the separation of East Pakistan in 1971. Mr Khan’s message pledged struggle for a society on the basis of justice.

Liaquat Baloch said the US was now looking for an exit after losing the Afghan war. He said now it wanted to attack Pakistan.

He asked the government and army chief to end the military operation in tribal areas. He said today’s mammoth rally was a success of religious parties.

Hafiz Ibtasam Elahi Zaheer, Maulana Nasar Javaid, , Ghulam Muhammad Saffi, Qari Abdul Latif, Hafiz Abdul Rehman Makki, Dr Abul Khair, Maulana Ludhianvi and others also spoke on the occasion.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/12/19/defenders-vow-jihad-against-west-india.html

For the record.. This was the 1st post that was off topic....The topic of discussion is a UN designated terrorist roaming free in Pakistan in full media view.. Not the Kashmir resolution.

Did you even read the first sentence of the article?

Jamaatud Dawa (JD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed vowed on Sunday that the jihad to oust Indian forces from Kashmir would continue.

His entire goal is to free Kashmir, since India has proven.... that despite being a "shining democracy"... they are still refusing to let the Kashmiris have the referendum that was promised to them.

And the point being??

If you are trying to link up the fact that if India did referendum (which btw is also not possible due to Pakistan not conforming to the prerequisites of the same) HS woulndt have made this speech, then is your argument that we can discuss the british rule and partition also in this thread, because the Kashmir issue came up because of Partition and Partition was a result of the British Rule, which inturn was an outcome of Industrial revolution and so on..:lol:

For the record.. This was the 1st post that was off topic....The topic of discussion is a UN designated terrorist roaming free in Pakistan in full media view.. Not the Kashmir resolution.
How That post can be Off topic..... Why not India look at their on Army sponsored terrorism in Kashmir....
Kashmir is an international disputed territory, and its india supporting terrorism in Pakistan to destabalizing the regional peace...

His entire goal is to free Kashmir, since India has proven.... that despite being a "shining democracy"... they are still refusing to let the Kashmiris have the referendum that was promised to them.
They are just Indian trolls .... Anything related to kashmir is offtopic for them.... Hafeez Saeed supports pakistani prespective for kashmir , thats why indians hate them... But wat there GOI is doing for tibet is right according to indian prespectives...

Will you justify if Buddhist of all over India and world will start holy war against china like this and start killing chinese and tibetian?
BTW. About referendum. Why not you give a exmple to world by referending in Tibet and ask pakistan to do same thing balochistan. If you do that I will assure you that india will follow you and If you ask will do in arunachal, sikkim and people of india to choose democracy or communism to make maoist happy. What you say?

Will you justify if Buddhist of all over India and world will start holy war against china like this and start killing chinese and tibetian?
BTW. About referendum. Why not you give world a exmple by referending in Tibet and ask pakistan to do same thing balochistan
Wat a comparision..... Comparing International disputed territory with Independent territory .....
Amazing IQ.. :rofl:

This conference sends a pretty stern and bold message that despite Pakistan's weaknesses in facing threats from East n Western borders, they are groups n people ready to fight for the sovereignty and dignity of the nation. Which i think is a positive development. Hafiz Saeed talked about Kashmiri freedom so its obvious Indians are not gonna like him.

Look what he is talking about, shoot the message not the messenger.

Back
Top Bottom