What's new

Happy Thanks Giving, America!

ahfatzia

Reaction score
Thanksgiving Day is on Thursday, November 22, 2012

turkey_dinner2.jpg

Hmmmm... i tried to look after Turkey before, and it came out dry :cry:. Anyone with recipes? :)

Hmmmm... i tried to look after Turkey before, and it came out dry :cry:. Anyone with recipes? :)

Keep your bird at 175 deg (thigh), rest it for 30 min out of the oven covered with a foil, let the temp go up to 180. remove the foil before you serve.

how boring! :bad: Our Tet feast is much better.

Fourteen pounds took 18 hours of brining, four and a half hours for baking, and half an hour for the after-bake.

I had a way smaller bird, around 8lbs and a 12lb ham for just 6 people none of whom are turkey fans. After defrosting, used a dry rub on top rosemary, thyme, and a butter based marinate for the inside of the trukey and poured some slit inside the skin. Baked at 280 for 2 hours with the lid and and then for 30 mins without lid at 400 for 35mins. covered back with lid and drove back to gf's parents house in 45 mins.

IMG_2597.jpg

S Had so much turkey and mashed potatoes

In other news for black Friday I went to the mall dressed up as a Soviet Union military officer
As it's the best way to dress for a capitalist, corporatist holiday.

S Had so much turkey and mashed potatoes

In other news for black Friday I went to the mall dressed up as a Soviet Union military officer
As it's the best way to dress for a capitalist, corporatist holiday.

Which one? :D

-military-funny-1325257537.jpg

military-humor-funny-soviet-russia-dance-breaks-you.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom