purchases, one of the most
elaborate global assessments of
corruption in the high spending sector has concluded. According to the report,
'Government Defence Anti-
Corruption Index 2013' by
Transparency International UK,
36% of the countries assessed by
the index was found to have high corruption risk. India and
China are among those countries. The band in which India figures exhibits "strong
systems in some areas and very poor systems in
others", the report said. Positives of most of these
countries including India are payment systems
and personnel receiving pay in a timely manner,
absence of ghost soldiers etc. The report said that most of the countries in the
band did not disclose the level of expenditure
dedicated to secret spending, and did not audit
these secret budgets. In China, the concentration
of power created corruption risk, the report said. "It is comprehensive, with each country analysed
across 77 detailed questions on all aspects of a
defence ministry and armed force's integrity-
building and anti-corruption systems. It covers
82 countries, from the major arms producing
countries through to fragile nations. It provides detailed analyses for each country that describe
the mechanisms they have in place to prevent
corruption in this sector, and how they could be
strengthened. This provides nations with a
wealth of material on which to base
improvement," said Mark Pyman, director, Defence and Security Programme at Transparency
International UK. The report said that only two countries, Australia
and Germany, had high levels of transparency,
and strong, institutionalized activity to address
corruption risk. "This unexpectedly small number
of countries shows that defence anti-corruption
measures are still in their infancy. This holds true even among the many OECD countries that are
among the 82 nations analysed, which generally
have strong government institutions and rule of
law," the report said. About 30% of the countries had generally high or
moderate transparency, with some activity to
address corruption risks, but with shortcomings.
The rest of the nations had poor results, with 57
of the 82 countries, or 69%, scoring in the
bottom three bands — D, E and F. India figures in the D band. The bottom three bands include 20 of the 30
largest arms importers in the world assessed, and
16 of the largest 30 arms exporters assessed.
"This disappointing result shows that defence
risk in most countries is poorly controlled, with
correspondingly high vulnerability to corruption," the report said.

I have been telling you guys. For yrs this has been going on. Nothing happens. Thats why I fight. That;s why I support Naxals and Maoists, even though I don;t agree with the ideology. I think our govt is not right at all. There is no room at all for dynasty politics in any real democracy.

I have been telling you guys. For yrs this has been going on. Nothing happens. Thats why I fight. That;s why I support Naxals and Maoists, even though I don;t agree with the ideology. I think our govt is not right at all. There is no room at all for dynasty politics in any real democracy.

Does Naxals and Maoists offer any thing new??Maoists them selves are highly corrupt.This is a recent news.
Leaflet says Maoist leaders very wealthy

The democratic Govt of a the is only as good as the people itself.We elect politicians who are corrupt.If our country have to change we must change first.

Great, please go to North Korea to see how the maoist style state looks in real life.
If every idiot would grap guns to achieve his aims we should scrap the idea of a civilized state and go back to jungle style.

Does Naxals and Maoists offer any thing new??Maoists them selves are highly corrupt.This is a recent news.
Leaflet says Maoist leaders very wealthy

The democratic Govt of a the is only as good as the people itself.We elect politicians who are corrupt.If our country have to change we must change first.

Yea but the leaflet could be disinformation. The leaders live in the jungles with their fighters. Our democracy has not educated our ppl to grasp the full benefits of democracy. Since Independence we knew the problems we faced. The govt has the manpower but it does nothing. It does not take the steps necessary

Great, please go to North Korea to see how the maoist style state looks in real life.
If every idiot would grap guns to achieve his aims we should scrap the idea of a civilized state and go back to jungle style.

China doesnt look that bad, does it?

Democracy can be great. But only with great ppl. Here take a list of the worst democracies

http://aderinola.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/the-worst-democracies-in-the-world/

Do you think Maoists prefer to live in the jungles? Is that what you really think?

Yea but the leaflet could be disinformation. The leaders live in the jungles with their fighters. Our democracy has not educated our ppl to grasp the full benefits of democracy. Since Independence we knew the problems we faced. The govt has the manpower but it does nothing. It does not take the steps necessary

China doesnt look that bad, does it?

Fine, China is way ahead of us, but we cant and wont adopt their system. It will simply not work in a diverse country like India. Everything is slower and more complicated mainly because of this.

And most importantly China has achieved all this because not because of communism! Globalization, free market zones etc... are responsible for this and not the marxist BS.

Fine, China is way ahead of us, but we cant and wont adopt their system. It will simply not work in a diverse country like India. Everything is slower and more complicated mainly because of this.

And most importantly China has achieved all this because not because of communism! Globalization, free market zones etc... are responsible for this and not the marxist BS.

I agree. Nobody within the Maoists truly believe that ideology anymore. Those party leaders died decades ago. The fight is about making the govt work for the benefit of all ppl. Too much corruption.

I agree. Nobody within the Maoists truly believe that ideology anymore. Those party leaders died decades ago. The fight is about making the govt work for the benefit of all ppl. Too much corruption.

Then act politically but taking up arms and slaughter Indians is not acceptable and must stopped with fire.

Once again: This is not how a civilized modern country works.

Then act politically but taking up arms and slaughter Indians is not acceptable and must stopped with fire.

Once again: This is not how a civilized modern country works.

See you think taking up arms is uncivilized. I can agree to such but you fail to see how corruption can force one to take up violent struggls. Sometimes, it was the only way to get justice. When your loved ones are raped and murdered, yet nobody takes any action to bring justice.....one tends to question that status of modern civilized India.

Sady, we Indians can talk forever but very little action comes out of it. Files on Netaji have remained classified for almost 50 yrs. Talking about it has not brought the truth out yet. Talk has become very cheap.

It is a bit of a jump to go from- the defence budgets are not all that transparent ie what is spent on what is not all that clear, to "high risk of corruption". With the new DPP rules that have been in place for a few years now I'd say the risk of corruption in such defence matters was incredibly minimal. We can see no there is a tough line being taken in the MoD to such allegations and even the sniff of the "c-word" is enough nowadays to stall proceedings whilst the MoD conducts a full blown inquiry and even the hint of wrongdoing will result in the complete cancellation of a contract/tender. India has got to be one of the cleanest defence procurement markets out there.

What this article is specifically saying is how much India spends on defence and how much it declares it spends are two different figures and we know this because it has already been noted that in India the likes of the SFC (nuke program) and certain agencies are not funded directly by the defence budget but are technically classed (by the outside world) as defence spending.

A but of sensationalism for you. The West loves to slander the emerging nations.

Back
Top Bottom