What's new

Hindi Urdu differences

rollindays

BANNED
Reaction score
I'd like to know how much Indians can understand the Hindi being used here (as a form of percent %):

Similarly, this video is pure Urdu being used here, & I have a feeling Pakistanis would have a better understanding of it than Indians would:

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian languages have sanskrit content including dravidian languages. they understand first video better. because, the over usage of sanskrita makes it easy to understand(albeit a normal hindustani speaker will find it artificial and funny :p ) for most Indians.

regarding 2nd video, many words are not understood. arabic,persian words are not understood easily. while urdu speaking communities in India will be at ease.

words like taweez,kalma(or kalima),ayath etc related to islam is common knowledge.

these words are alien to Hindis:
Gulfosh kabhi itraaye kahin
Mehke to nazar aa jaaye kahin

the thing is the song of the second video will still be identified as a HINDI Song:woot:

It depends what you want to call it, Hindi speakers also call Ghalib a Hindi poet even though they can't understand almost any of his poetry. And no offense, but I'm sure most Indians wouldn't be able to really explain the second video without looking it up on the internet.

It depends what you want to call it, Hindi speakers also call Ghalib a Hindi poet even though they can't understand almost all of his poetry. And no offense, but I'm sure most Indians wouldn't be able to really explain the second video without looking it up on the internet.

It not what i call it..but how the world(other than Pakistanis offcourse) identifies this song.Most indians will not be able to identify words used in Pure hindi lyrics song too..Because in India, hindi is spoken with mix of local languages.That is the advantage of hindi that it is easily able to adapt words from other languages.

For examples: in Hyderabad - u have something called - Daccani - mix of Hindi,urdu,telugu,marathi(also called Hyderabadi/hyderabadi hindi)
Mumbai - Mumbaiya or Bambaiya Hindi etc,..

It depends what you want to call it, Hindi speakers also call Ghalib a Hindi poet even though they can't understand almost any of his poetry. And no offense, but I'm sure most Indians wouldn't be able to really explain the second video without looking it up on the internet.

urdu is the official language of U.P Urdu is also one of the officially recognised languages in India and has official language status in the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar,[27] Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and the national capital, New Delhi.

Urdu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It not what i call it..but how the world(other than Pakistanis offcourse) identifies this song.Most indians will not be able to identify words used in Pure hindi lyrics song too..Because in India, hindi is spoken with mix of local languages.That is the advantage of hindi that it is easily able to adapt words from other languages.

For examples: in Hyderabad - u have something called - Daccani - mix of Hindi,urdu,telugu,marathi(also called Hyderabadi/hyderabadi hindi)
Mumbai - Mumbaiya or Bambaiya Hindi etc,..

But a few of your fellow Indian members here said they understood the first video (in pure, Shudh Hindi) 100%.

urdu is the official language of U.P Urdu is also one of the officially recognised languages in India and has official language status in the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar,[27] Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and the national capital, New Delhi.

Urdu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This video is not about Pakistan; this is about Urdu, & why many Urdu poets are called Hindi ones, even though most Hindi speakers cannot understand most of the language they use, like Ghalib, Bahadur Shah Zafar & others.

Back
Top Bottom