What's new

Historic PNS Tariq to be Gifted to Britain - APP Video - 2023 .

We should as k for money to return, still worth millions of USD.

It`s our relic, why would the UK want it back unless it was on lease or something? A good time to "gift" things. Some day we are going to read about US taking back its F-16s, France taking back its Mirages and China too taking back infrastructure.

Maybe because it will save Pakistan Navy money as they wont have to pay to have it decomissioned and scrapped?

It`s our relic, why would the UK want it back unless it was on lease or something? A good time to "gift" things. Some day we are going to read about US taking back its F-16s, France taking back its Mirages and China too taking back infrastructure.
Tariq served in the Falklands war with the British, her original crew were the ones who petitioned and requested the PN to return it to be preserved as a museum ship. The Royal Navy/British Govt only got on board the plan later, it’s more of a exchange between the sailors of two forces than a governmental thing. If PN wants to preserve something it should be something that has more historical significance for Pakistan. Like one of the Agosta Submarines or one of the F22Ps when they eventually retire. Besides, this will most likely save PN quite a bit of money. Still, sad to see her go.

We should as k for money to return, still worth millions of USD.
All of its usable weapon systems and sensors will be removed and kept.

Tariq served in the Falklands war with the British, her original crew were the ones who petitioned and requested the PN to return it to be preserved as a museum ship. The Royal Navy/British Govt only got on board the plan later, it’s more of a exchange between the sailors of two forces than a governmental thing. If PN wants to preserve something it should be something that has more historical significance for Pakistan. Like one of the Agosta Submarines or one of the F22Ps when they eventually retire. Besides, this will most likely save PN quite a bit of money. Still, sad to see her go.

I would hope the PN sets up its own naval museum in Karachi. One Type 22 frigate and an Agosta 70 submarine would really help young people interested in the forces as well as veterans have a place to visit and appreciate all the navy does.

I hope they built it next to the marine training institute inside “China creek” opposite Karachi port. Considering there are mangroves there, It could be part of an environmental museum to highlight the importance of the mangroves.

Last edited:
Hi
money doesn’t matter all the time just a little clue
how PN got hold of their hands on Qatari sea kings
we have to remember the country who supplied the hardware is always the boss to re export it further, so
the catch is always there if a poor country like Pakistan
is supplying something to a big & wealthy country
thank you

Right .

I would hope the PN sets up its own naval museum in Karachi. One Type 22 frigate and an Agosta 70 submarine would really help young people interested in the forces as well as veterans have a place to visit and appreciate all the navy does.

I hope they built it next to the marine training institute inside “China creek” opposite Karachi port. Considering there are mangroves there, It could be part of an environmental museum to highlight the importance of the mangroves.
There is a maritime museum in Karachi, That museum has lots of goodies, it is where the PNS Hangor stands to this day. nice place, went there only once long time ago, I have heard they now have new things including a Lynx Helicopter.

There is a maritime museum in Karachi, That museum has lots of goodies, it is where the PNS Hangor stands to this day. nice place, went there only once long time ago, I have heard they now have new things including a Lynx Helicopter.
Nice .

Back
Top Bottom