What's new

Honoring our Martyrs

3320_mini.jpg

Allah Know,s Better but According To Quran They Will Be In Jahanum If They Died Fighting Against Taliban,s

Allah Know,s Better but According To Quran They Will Be In Jahanum If They Died Fighting Against Taliban,s

These people have died trying to protect this nation against the treacherous cowards like Taliban and you are proclaiming that they will go to hell.

As long as people like you are around, the terrorists will continue to thrive.

Show some shame and humility at least.

Where in the Quran is it said that if someone defends his Muslim brothers and give his life in the process is going to go to hell........???

God bless Pakistan Army, m always with ur hard works n u guys a just doin a gr8 job , hats off to u guys!

On Thursday, I visited the Police Lines headquarters in Islamabad. I was accompanying the UK Foreign Secretary, William Hague, who wanted to pay his respects to the fallen martyrs of the Pakistani police service and to publicly recognise their sacrifices in serving Pakistan and its citizens. Mr Hague laid a wreath at the police monument and met the families of policemen who have lost their lives as a result of terrorist atrocities.

Since 2001 over 3,500 policemen have been killed in Pakistan by terrorists. Many more civilians have been killed or injured as a result of terrorist atrocities. Meeting the brave and courageous families of these innocent victims really brought home to me and my Minister how great the sacrifices are that the people of Pakistan are making.

Sadly, today I am again reminded of these sacrifices after two attacks on the police in two days. The suicide bomber who attacked a police station in Kolachi town, near Dera Ismail Khan town on Saturday killed ten security personnel and injured three policemen. A second attack, which targeted the Gaddafi police post near Chowk Kumharanwala in Multan on Sunday left seven people injured, including three policemen.

My thoughts and sympathies are with those who have been killed and injured, and with their families. The UK will continue to stand with Pakistan to fight the scourge of terrorism, which destroys so many lives in Pakistan and across the world.

Following his meeting on Thursday with acting Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, William Hague repeated the determination that the UK and Pakistan share to defeat terrorism and violent extremism. He said that “Pakistan is on the front line of terrorism, making bigger sacrifices against terrorism than any other country on the planet, and it is right that the UK should stand with you to combat terrorism.” I echo those words.

William Hague will be holding a Q&A on twitter on Wednesday 29 June and is inviting questions following his visit to Pakistan. This is your opportunity to ask questions about the work the UK is doing with Pakistan, on countering terrorism and in many other areas.

I encourage you to tweet your questions to his twitter name @WilliamJHague and use the hashtag #askFS at 7pm Pakistan time on Wednesday 29 June. The Foreign Secretary will answer as many questions as possible and you can follow the Q&A on our twitter channel here.

Adam Thomson is the British High Commissioner to Pakistan.

The views expressed by this blogger and in the following reader comments do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Dawn Media Group.

Does anybody know Lt. Col Riaz Azeem.

He was just a beautiful and smart officer of Pakistan Army. I just met him through one of my friend. When I met him, he was with his beautiful Son, about whom I was told that he is very style and beauty cautious. But after some time I got to know that he was shot dead by some robber in liberty market Lahore, around three years ago.

He went to the market for some shopping. When he was about to return for his home, he took seat in his car, a man came near and pointed gun at him, asked to deliver his mobile phone and valet. He handed over the mobile phone and for valet he opened his dash board. Unfortunately Lt. Col's pistol was also in the dash board, the robber thought that Col. is trying to get his pistol, so instantly shot many fires on Riaz Sb.

There were so many people watching the incident but no one came to save him. Everybody kept himself at distance just watching like some film shooting going on. I dont know how he managed to call his wife, who came via Rickshaw and took him to the Hospital.

He died after few days in CMH. It makes me sad whenever he comes in my mind. I had no relation with him, he was just course mate of one of my friend. But we lost a brave soldier of our Pakistan Army. May his soul rest in peace.

His killer ( I will not got into details how) was traced and killed. He was from a very rich family and used to do robberies just for the sake of Adventure. He was involved in around 25 - 30 reported cases, arrested numerous times, but his father managed to get him released.

Finally when he was on his way on a snatched vehicle, police was following him, there was exchange of fire between police and him and finally shot dead.

2622.jpg

Subedar Aftab Hussain embraced Shahadat during Indian Army attack on Pakistan Army Check post on LOC on night 30/31 August 2011.

2623.jpg

Lance Havildar Iqbal Ahmed embraced Shahadat during Indian Army attack on Pakistan Army Check post on LOC on night 30/31 August 2011.

2624.jpg

Sepoy Imran Rashid embraced Shahadat during Indian Army attack on Pakistan Army Check post on LOC on night 30/31 August 2011.

Back
Top Bottom