What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

BTW,which ABM system (in Indian possession) can intercept Nasr?
well india currently can use AKASH systems as it is a mobile in nature ,Also india can procure David's sling or iron dome sytem in future
but actually no need to intercept it ,rather we should destroy it's launchers
(I)Prahaar
Prahar-ballistic-missile.jpg

it has has a range of 150km while the Nasr has only a range of 60km which means that Prahaar could take out all the elements of the Nasr’s system before it could pose any threat to the IBG’S.
A question may arise on why Prahaar? When there is Prithvi-I with the same range? The Prithvi-I is a liquid fuelled missile which will not be suitable for tactical use by the army since the time taken to launch the missile from the time of issuance of command will be long.Since Prahaar is designed with a single stage solid fuel rocket motor the launch time is very less. It is reported widely in the Indian media that it can be launched within 10 minutes from the time the command is given. More over since it is a supersonic missile the flight time is just four minutes and ten second

Another reason is the Prithvi system is not designed to be fired in salvos like the Prahaar system which comes with a road mobile launcher containing six missiles that can be launched in any direction along the entire azimuth plane in salvos to have a maximum kill probability

The Prahaar missile is reported to have a CEP of 10m and it is also said to be provided with radar imaging terminal homing guidance[4]. With radar terminal homing the missile would have low CEP and also have all weather capability.

The Prahaar uses a solid rocket motor which is of low cost in comparison with a liquid fuel motor. So, compared to a Prithvi missile the Prahaar is cheaper.

The only tough process would be to provide the onboard guidance system with the proper coordinates of the target for the mid-course guidance and the radar image signatures of the target for the terminal homing guidance. This would be possible with the Indian EO satellites and the SAR satellites in orbit. This would work well for a static target, but for a mobile target or a opportunity target the revisit frequency of the satellite has to be increased. The other solution would be to equip the Army with tactical battlefield surveillance drones and long range surveillance drones.

(II)CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb
248u_top_10_list.jpg

The CBU-97 is the Air Force’s smartest 1,000-pound class freefall cluster bomb. It can search a radius of 1,500 feet and can literally clear a battlefield of tanks, vehicles and bunkers.

What it does: The CBU-97 is like a space shuttle launch in reverse. The outside shell falls away to reveal the 10 BLU-108 submunition units. Each unit uses rocket power and a small parachute to right it vertically and help spin the four hockey-puck sized skeets out from their holding unit. The skeets deploy and search out enemy targets using their laser sensors to zero in and rain down explosive molten copper.

Why war needs it: To have smart skeets that can pinpoint and follow enemy targets means that more innocent lives than ever before aren’t needlessly taken, thus reducing civilian casualties.

Nopes,the bolded part is called fanboyism,not a single time ur ballistic missiles confronted our sheild,yet ur sure ur BM will beat our ABM,optimism,that serves ur purpose.

Also,not a single time your ABM shield confronted OUR missiles...yet you are sure...

About ur BM,what is special about it,rather than the 1000 rumors circulating about its being MIRV with the CEP that can beat even American missiles,again being optimistic.

R u proposing they are different that most of the IRBM's currently present now which can employ cobra maneuvers to evade our ABM,or another Pakistani optimism that Indian missile will fall on the ground at the same time it took off.

I never said nor agree with this BS...if someone says it,he is a fanboy...I said that the proposed Shaheen-III will have MIRVs (the number doesn't necessarily have to be 8-10 RVs)

Why underestimating u,because we already have both sword and sheild,and u r equiped with only a sword

True...except that your shield is weak and pre-mature.

u r equiped with only a sword that to wich at current level is unable to penetrate our shield as explained above.

Thats called fanboyism.

@Somnaath....I just would like to repeat that Nasr will be inducted in large numbers,like any other conventional system...so it would be very difficult to target each and every Nasr vehicle,which could merely be providing artillery support...

Also,not a single time your ABM shield confronted OUR missiles...yet you are sure...

No I am not sure,given our ABM have only 99 % interception ratio

I never said nor agree with this BS...if someone says it,he is a fanboy...I said that the proposed Shaheen-III will have MIRVs (the number doesn't necessarily have to be 8-10 RVs)

U never said ur missiles are MIRV,u never said ur missiles travel at Mach 20,then on which basis u consider ur missile superior than a system designed to take out conventional IRBM.

True...except that your shield is weak and pre-mature.

True..but never matters since the basic purpose it had to serve is take out an age old BM system.

Thats called fanboyism.

Definitely yes,because thats the language u guys understand.

@Somnaath....I just would like to repeat that Nasr will be inducted in large numbers,like any other conventional system...so it would be very difficult to target each and every Nasr vehicle,which could merely be providing artillery support...
arre mere baap thats why i gave the example of CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb ,now do i need to explain u this weapons
capabilty,i am sure u must have seen it in discovery channel

First it is an insult to call the present BMs of Pakistan as variants of Scuds...True that the first models of Ghaznavi and Ghauri-I were ditto copies (reverse-engineered) of M-11 and Nodong.But now,they are more advanced than any other missile of the old Scud series.

True that the S-300 can take down BMs,but Ghaznavi/M-11 only...and that too,not easily...

Who will take down Ghauri-II,Shaheen-I,Shaheen-II?

True that Babur and Ra'ad are not that perfect as they are claimed.Babur and Ra'ad rely only on reduced RCS,which was made possible through sleek airframe design and employing RAM.The minimum altitude of Babur is 100m,but as claimed by sources,it doesn't appears on the radar due to reduced RCS.
True that once detected,Babur and Ra'ad can be taken down by MANPADs,Aircrafts (having look-down,shoot-down),AA Guns...

Nasr's apogee is too low to give time for the ABM to perform its function...unless India brings in Iron Dome sort of system.

Ghauri serise missile is just an elongated version of Scud or a copy of Nodong Missile
nodong.jpg

NODONG.JPG

Only Shaheen II remains of some concern here and that's what these new ABM systems have been designed for.

Nasr after rising to an altitude of 60km would allow its detection and provide 30km altitude leverage for Ashwin to prepare for launch.... remember it has got6 active seeker and is highly maneuverable.... It can easily home in to Nasr once in active range..... Beside there is a new SAM/point defense SAM called maitri Under development with france.... which would have 100% kill probability for such missiles.

The reason why I find these claims hard to believe is...

India has just started its ABM program.A super-power like US has dropped and cancelled projects like Kinetic Kill Vehicle and Mutiple Kill Vehicle,despite the experience of decades and funding of Billions of dollars...because it was not feasible.

You are free to believe it or disregard it.....
... test have taken place for current ABM systems infront of you and will happen for those system infront of you aswell if Time willing...... India are going to have an operational ABM system in 10 years.... by 2015.... with 2nd stage adding by 2020.

No I am not sure,given our ABM have only 99 % interception ratio
Look,there is no BMD shield in the world (except Israeli) which has the right to claim 99% kill ratio...all else are "claims".

U never said ur missiles are MIRV,u never said ur missiles travel at Mach 20,then on which basis u consider ur missile superior than a system designed to take out conventional IRBM.

The present operational system like Shaheen-II DOES NOT have MIRV.
Here is why our Ballistic missiles can beat current Indian BMD (consisting of S-300 only)

1. Sheer numbers.
2. S-300 can intercept Ghaznavi class missiles and to some extent,Shaheen-I and Ghauri-I.However,it cannot intercept Ghauri-II and Shaheen-II,because their RVs have greater speed than that is in range for S-300 (Mach 5-8).
3. Shaheen-II has a counter-measures suite consisting of decoys (inflatable balloons and chaff).Also,its ReV employs Maneuverability,by using thrust nozzles.Hence,the MaRV can not only correct trajectory but also can dodge the ABM by changing flight path.

True..but never matters since the basic purpose it had to serve is take out an age old BM system.

:hitwall: Seems like you didn't read my previous posts.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

arre mere baap thats why i gave the example of CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb ,now do i need to explain u this weapons
capabilty,i am sure u must have seen it in discovery channel

Meray bhai,kis ne kaha hai k saaray Nasr aik jaga ikathay hon gay?...I'm talking of taking out individual vehicles separately.

Pakistan will go for MIRVs soon, probably a decade later or so , India will come up with a system close to being as capable as THAAD.

i hope so

we definitely need THADD like system

In a nuclear war not everything can be protected..but with a decent BMD in place, enough can be protected, so that one country can emerge as clear winner of even a nuclear war.

Ghauri serise missile is just an elongated version of Scud or a copy of Nodong Missile
nodong.jpg

NODONG.JPG

This picture is of Ghauri-I (1300km,700kg) dude,which was a direct copy of Nodong...

Ghauri-II (1300-2300km/1000kg) is a more advanced missile,and has probably replaced Ghauri-I.

Nasr after rising to an altitude of 60km would allow its detection and provide 30km altitude leverage for Ashwin to prepare for launch.... remember it has got6 active seeker and is highly maneuverable.... It can easily home in to Nasr once in active range..... Beside there is a new SAM/point defense SAM called maitri Under development with france.... which would have 100% kill probability for such missiles.

Who told you Nasr's altitude is 60km?...Its horizontal range is 60km,and being a quasi-ballistic missile,it does not have to rise to 60km...IMO,its apogee would be no more than 20 km.Besides,quasi-ballistic missiles change their trajectories several times during flight and that applies to Nasr too.

You are free to believe it or disregard it.....
... test have taken place for current ABM systems infront of you and will happen for those system infront of you aswell if Time willing...... India are going to have an operational ABM system in 10 years.... by 2015.... with 2nd stage adding by 2020.

Yeah,tested against liquid-fueled and slow Prithvis...

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

In a nuclear war not everything can be protected..but with a decent BMD in place, enough can be protected, so that one country can emerge as clear winner of even a nuclear war.

A decent BMD can protect a few cities only...

And the quote "There are no winners in a nuclear war" applies to each country in every age...

The conventional aggression,will be tackled with tactical nukes,if The Army has lost a part of territory...

If the Army is on the verge of losing the war,with losing a major part of territory too,then strategic nukes will be launched too...

if Pakistan launches tactical nukes we will do same.

A decent BMD can protect a few cities only...

And the quote "There are no winners in a nuclear war" applies to each country in every age...

That is why BMD/NMD is a game changer.

Who told you Nasr's altitude is 60km?...Its horizontal range is 60km,and being a quasi-ballistic missile,it does not have to rise to 60km...IMO,its apogee would be no more than 20 km.Besides,quasi-ballistic missiles change their trajectories several times during flight and that applies to Nasr too.

20km is for cruise missiles.... BM rise above 300km altitude in space... while quasi-ballistic ones go above 60km.... 15-10 km is for cruise missiles.

What advancement does Gauri II has over Gauri I expect for range and an extra stage.... what's the accuracy ??.... Is there any change in the type of liquid fuel ??

The target prithvi missiles were the modified missiles of its solid fueled variants Dhanush... No ship in IN fires a liquid fueled missile..... all the target missiles were modified dhanush launched from different ships.

That is why BMD/NMD is a game changer.

It is a game changer when it comes to...

1. Hezbollah/Hamas vs. Israel
2. Iran vs. USA
3. North Korea vs. USA

It does not work in Pakistan vs. India scenario...

Back
Top Bottom