What's new

How much Foreign companies earn from Pakistan?

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi,
I will need help from members in compiling a databse about how much foreign companies actually earn from Pakistan?
Nestle,walls,shell, and many more are doing big business in Pakistan..
Exactly how much these and other corporate giants take out of the country?

Hi,
I will need help from members in compiling a databse about how much foreign companies actually earn from Pakistan?

I know for sure that Nestle's biggest plant is in Pakistan....

I know for sure that Nestle's biggest plant is in Pakistan....
and what they make? Mineral water? Powder milk?

Things that Pakistani companies can make easily..

a complete fail of government Policy..they let in Corporate giants from far flung lands who suffocate local companies....

If it was an aircraft engine manufacturing company..Computer chip maker then fine..thats something nobody in Pakistan can do.

Profits shoot up as Nestle

according to this news..the guess is Nestle Profits are in the range of 80 Billion PKR an year..thats profits..earnings can be much higher.

the profit amounts to 810 million dollars.

Then shell
gillet
Lever brothers
walls
ICI

i wonder how much they earn

a complete fail of government Policy..they let in Corporate giants from far flung lands who suffocate local companies....

If it was an aircraft engine manufacturing company..Computer chip maker then fine..thats something nobody in Pakistan can do.

Also look at Services...

It's sad to see our National Airline, PIA, being ignored. We don't try to get it out of corruption and we don't improve our fleet. We let Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Saudi Airlines, Gulf Air, Air Arabia and all others from GCC take over to expand their routes and gain more revenue.

Computer chip? Aircraft engine? For that you need educated and skilled workforce. Ever seen the standard of our universities? Same old rote memorizing and stuff.

If i set up a 3 billion dollar Chip Fabrication plant, like the ones Intel and AMD have, i need a skilled workforce to handle my millions of dollars worth of machines and investment. Not the Agha Waqar water engineer types or AQ Khan types who have nothing of their own.

Also look at Services...

It's sad to see our National Airline, PIA, being ignored. We don't try to get it out of corruption and we don't improve our fleet. We let Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Saudi Airlines, Gulf Air, Air Arabia and all others from GCC take over to expand their routes and gain more revenue.

PIA shot itself in the foot in 1990s. We are the most corrupt. We are to blame.

Computer chip? Aircraft engine? For that you need educated and skilled workforce. Ever seen the standard of our universities? Same old rote memorizing and stuff.

If i set up a 3 billion dollar Chip Fabrication plant, like the ones Intel and AMD have, i need a skilled workforce to handle my millions of dollars worth of machines and investment. Not the Agha Waqar water engineer types or AQ Khan types who have nothing of their own.

PIA shot itself in the foot in 1990s. We are the most corrupt. We are to blame.

Intel makes Computer chips in costa rica......
They arent more educated than us.that much i am sure.

Check their per capita GDP and their Human Development Index.

Costa Rica Literacy 90%+

Most Central American Countries are more educated than us.

Safriz,

Corporations don't like doing business in countries with Political Instability. That's the first thing Chinese realized. That in order to attract investment they need stability. You need educated population for that. We have no energy infrastructure. No long term goals.

Education is not the only location factor.. what about infrastructure, taxes, bureaucracy, distance to the end user safety etc etc etc ???

So you are advocating for Pakistan to move away from free market , open competition policy that has made the country you live in a " developed" country, to now rather be one that advocates a protectionist, failed economic policy?

It is evident economics is not your forte so let me submit to you. apart from using a failed economic policy of being a protectionist, do you know

1. how many they employ in Pakistan
2. because they are a global giant, what was the kind of investment they were able to make in pakistan
3. The price they can offer as a global company vs a local one
4. The taxes they pay( have to being an international firm) vs the taxes your local companies avoid
5. the secondary and tertiary companies, jobs and business they support? - you do know that many " local" business sell or benefit from doing business with such companies.

The world is asking to bring jobs back to their country and for others to invest in their country and you are advocating the opposite :lol:

Good Good! You are on the right track.
Kick them all out. And then import it from India :omghaha:

Acha India pasand nahin to China se kar lo :D

Hi,

Sir are we your ACCOUNTANTS???

Anyways it's $12.345 Billions to be PRECISE (Error Probability of + - $1.23 billion).

Now what do I get??

According to an official report:
The profits of only Nestlé are larger than the profits of all media corporations in Pakistan.

Not enough....or you would be the center of our support.

Back
Top Bottom