What's new

How to lay an armored L-Shape Ambush in Ukraine?

Nothing? You just go forward fast through the ambush area?
No....

There are 3 courses of actions.

1,) - Assault Thru the ambush, usually you are close enough to the killzone you can divert or backtrack.
2.) - Backtrack from the Ambush, usually when you are too slow or you had yet to enter the kill zone
3.) - Divert from the ambush - usually when you want to by-pass or flank the ambush in support of the force you have inside the killzone.

Staying in the zone is the last thing you want to do. You either do 1 or 2 or 3 rather than sit your a$$ inside the killzone trying to figure out what to do. Because you take casualty when you do that. And every minute count.

When I say minute, I do actually mean minutes, this Ukrainian ambush lasted for 2 minutes, and the Salvatore Giunta Ambush lasted for 3. That's 180 seconds, you don't have time to think, you need to get out of the kill zone immediately.

I think I heard about this ambush.

Correct me if I am wrong. It was a close ambush and they implemented text book battle drill by pushing through that ambush.

It's called turn and burn or something like that
That's a close ambush, yes, it generally defined as it's close enough for Frag to be effective.

And what they are doing is to blow thru the ambush (or assault thru the ambush), what it was called can be differ from unit to unit, it can call turn and burn or whatever, officially we called this a direct assault.

That's a close ambush, yes, it generally defined as it's close enough for Frag to be effective.

And what they are doing is to blow thru the ambush (or assault thru the ambush), what it was called can be differ from unit to unit, it can call turn and burn or whatever, officially we called this a direct assault
Rangers I think call this battle drill turn and burn.
Forget about the frags part. Listening to an 3/75 Ranger as he was explaining you throw everything you at your disposal and it's most dangerous battle drill cause there's a high chance you gonna take casualties

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom