What's new

I was offered cocaine on my first day at the BBC: Former producer

pkd

Reaction score
I was offered cocaine on my first day at the BBC: Former producer reveals how executives were praised for drug use

Television executives who take cocaine are often praised for their 'off-the-wall' brilliance instead of reprimanded, according to a former BBC producer.
Sarah Graham, who has worked for Children's BBC, Radio 5, and Channel 4's The Big Breakfast, said drug use remained rife in the industry and was not isolated to workers in their 20s.
Giving evidence to the Home Affairs Select Committee, she said the erratic behaviour of many broadcast stars is not the sign of creative genius but of addiction to illegal substances.
Speaking yesterday, she said she was offered cocaine on her first day at the BBC on a night out with co-workers, sparking a nine-year habit which included using crack and heroin.
Miss Graham, 40, now a drugs counsellor, said: 'I was working at the BBC and pretty much the first night working on a show my producer and presenter took me to a Soho media watering hole and I was asked if I'd like to go to the toilet and do some cocaine.'
She added: 'As your addiction progresses, certain behaviour that would not be tolerated in a normal job can be spun as part of your creative genius or extraordinary personality.'
Amy Winehouse's father also pleaded with MPs to improve facilities for drug addicts after telling of the guilt he felt over his daughter's descent into heroin and cocaine abuse.

Back
Top Bottom