What's new

IAF chief says India to have fifth-generation jets in 2018

I doubt IAF can afford Stealth assets in its inventory at mere $100 million and that's even in 2018 which is very unlikely economic projection as far as ever rising inflation in Global market is concerned. At the same time, by 2018, Russia may not be only source for its Fifth Generation needs, even ever growing relationship with US will fructify fifth generation supply of jets from US to India, as India sees US as major supplier of ultra modern weapon through collabrative methods.

I doubt there would be any 5 generation planes from US unless and until

- FGFA program is not plagued by long derails
- Pak or China getting their hands on 5 Generation before India and Russia FGFA program fructify
- It is on offer from US

So far all the options are not happening....So IMO it simply don't make sense to have another 5 Genration plane in our inventory at the same time....If you say that we can get F-35 before 2015-2016 then yes we might opt for it or we find out that F-35 is way superior to FGFA...As of now MKI is our back bone and good enough fighter for current threat perceptions...

Only F35 is coming till 2018, and nither its offered to India nor IAF plan to buy it. F22 is not for sale.
No russian 5th gene is coming b4 2020.
India is not independenly able to build any AC. Then Y such foolish news without any reliable source

Practice what you preach and dont make foolish statements without sources....

Our source is the very article that started this thread....whats yours "Nostradamus"?

Good news. India will be first country in Asia to field a true fifth generation fighter. China can't do it before 2035 ad Japan needs US help. So India might be lone operator of 5th generation for many years.

Indian Air Chief is famous for his big mouth,may be he will have a UFO in 3018

You come here for just trolling with BS posts? Do you expect similar from others as well?

Only F35 is coming till 2018, and nither its offered to India nor IAF plan to buy it. F22 is not for sale.
India is not independenly able to build any AC. Then Y such foolish news without any reliable source

I don't understand whats wrong with people here. The Air chief is talking about PakFa and since its already flown several times, I don't think it will take another decade to develop it.

6-7 years is a more reasonable time. The engine is ready, radar is ready, airframe is ready, its all about tuning, tweaking and integrating now.

India should be able to start getting it by 2018.

Vikrant class aircraft carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even if by 2020 we get 5th gen jet do you think that will be called late by any standard???????????????

As u yourself is saying that India will get 5th gen within 2 years of US having one.

Have you heard of PAK FA ?
:hitwall:

PAK- FA is not coming b4 2020.
Having first flight of 5th gene AC in 2010 never means that its completed and having 2 to 3 years for test flights to be introduced.

May be u know F-35 first flight was in 2006 .....and its introduction would be in 2014-2016....(dont forget....even having exp of F-22 its taking long time), so how can u say that without prior exp of 5th gen AC....how could it be developed in 2 to 3 years.. :rofl:

Many guys need to be practical here

I doubt IAF can afford Stealth assets in its inventory at mere $100 million and that's even in 2018 which is very unlikely economic projection as far as ever rising inflation in Global market is concerned. At the same time, by 2018, Russia may not be only source for its Fifth Generation needs, even ever growing relationship with US will fructify fifth generation supply of jets from US to India, as India sees US as major supplier of ultra modern weapon through collabrative methods.

If the IAF can afford $ 11 billion in 2010/11 for buying MRCA by 2018 it can't afford $ 100 million aircraft? Thats difficult to understand.

So you know more than the IAF chief about the induction of 5th generation fighter? If I say that, 'PAF will not get J-10 before 2025 and if they get them they will send them back to Beijing because they are junk...' will you believe that? :taz:

F-35 been offered to India specially Indian Navy sent RFI.

Who said that? Give us a source.

And your reliable source of this information is? :what:

Do u hav any reliable source to prove that F-22, F-35 is offered to India.

Do u have source that any other 5th gene AC coming b4 2018....
Ur knowledge abt AC manufacturing is limited.

5th gene AC completely new thing....and Russia hav no prior exp abt it

Having first flight of 5th gene AC in 2010 never means that its completed and having 2 to 3 years for test flights to be introduced.

May be u know F-35 first flight was in 2006 .....and its introduction would be in 2014-2016....(dont forget....even having exp of F-22 its taking long time), so how can u say that without prior exp of 5th gen AC....how could it be developed in 2 to 3 years.. :rofl:

Many guys need to be practical here

In the thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/55334-lca-lsp-3-elta-radar-fly-today-3.html

Moderator "Sir TaimiKhan" was saying

"In such threads, we see the difference, 3 pages, not a single Pakistani member derailed or posted a flame post, rather Indian members themselves tried best to do that.

While if there had been a Pakistani news of jubilation of such nature, it would have been ruined by our good neighbors right at the first page."

You are proving him wrong.

Indian navy is interested in buying f-35 naval versions for its future aircraft carrier,which will be built after completion the of 1st AC.
& Lockheed Martin also formally expressed its interest to sell F-35s to India.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Being a senior member please do some research before putting some stuff on board here...

India has been offred F-35 and its included in the naval MRCA RFI and very soon RFP will be floating from the sides.

I will belive you saying no russian jet is coming before 2020, but again I will say you lack knowledge.

because t-50 was built before it was released, its based on Su-47 berkut which acted as a tech demonstrator for T-50 most techs like engine, internal weapons bay and aerodynamics are already proven.
If the plane continues tests flights like its doing today. You can see the plane hitting production by 2018.

I guess you will be very surprized then...

Being a senior member please do some research before putting some stuff on board here...

India has been offred F-35 and its included in the naval MRCA RFI and very soon RFP will be floating from the sides.

I will belive you saying no russian jet is coming before 2020, but again I will say you lack knowledge.

because t-50 was built before it was released, its based on Su-47 berkut which acted as a tech demonstrator for T-50 most techs like engine, internal weapons bay and aerodynamics are already proven.
If the plane continues tests flights like its doing today. You can see the plane hitting production by 2018.

I guess you will be very surprized then...

Yes being a senior, I know batter then u...

LCA was comin in 2002.....and its 2010
MRCA was coming in 2005/6 and its 2010.

Planing never means thats actual things easuly go on that....
Everey thing is not a pieace of cake

Indian navy is interested in buying f-35 naval versions for its future aircraft carrier,which will be built after completion the of 1st AC.
& Lockheed Martin also formally expressed its interest to sell F-35s to India.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

I can show u number of references just like that u posted where Eurofighter, Rafeal, Saab Gripen was offered in the reference of intrest to PAF. but it never means that they r offered.

EU plans to sell Eurofighter to PAF

Batter stay on this forum and also learn abt political and strategical statements....

Secondly their is no conform source where its proved that USA or lockhead is intrested to sell F-35 to IAF

Yes being a senior, I know batter then u...
LCA was comin in 2002.....and its 2010
MRCA was coming in 2005/6 and its 2010.

Planing never means thats actual things easuly go on that....
Everey thing is not a pieace of cake

Being a senior member only means you've had a lot of time on your hands since 2009...since clearly knowledge and practicality dont seem to be a pre-requisite....LOL...

Get a job....:D

Back
Top Bottom