What's new

IAF chief says India to have fifth-generation jets in 2018

As days pass the above post by faithfulguy seems to be more and more applicable.

There are only 30-40 Indian dudes/dudettes in my field in uni, all of them are incredibly intelligent, I don't know why when there is a billion+ of them back in India, they are still having trouble with so many basic technologies.

The problem back in India is a beauracratic problem. All countries in the world has such problems. But the situation in India is a lot more severe. If a team of intelligent Indians get together to create a 5th generation fighter in India, they probably can't do it even in 500 years. But take the same team of individuals and move them to the US or even Australia, they would be able to do it as fast and good as Americans or Russians.

@faithful guy
brother some of the announcement made by you in past regarding pakfa were
*pak-fa first flight will not take place before 2015,and jxx will fly much earlier than pak-fa.from your knowledge of russian and chinese situation(but contrary to what you said,it took place in january this year)
*pak-fa will be inferior to f15 silent eagle(what a joke)
*india can contribute nothing in pakfa program(later it became known that 25% contribution of indian version will be by indian firms)
*india can never licence produce pakfa,since it lacks infrastructure(it's agreed now that 50 pakfa will be obtained from russia and remaining built in india)
Whatever statement you made,they were all proven wrong(not just regarding pakfa,but also lca,arjun,t90 etc)
Feel some shame in posting stuff you dont really know about.

First of all, I never talk about how much earlier J-XX will fly as compare to PAKFA. You need to ask the Chinese on that one.
As of now, the declared PAK-FA RCS is inferior to what F-15 SE would have. Also, how come F-15 SE is not in the MRCA bidding process. This plane is superior to all other planes in contention as this is a 5th generation plane.

India will contribute to 25% of Indian version. But the basic features would remain the same. As for the 25%, its just an agreement. its possible that India would not contribute anything.

As for my statement on many failed projects in India. Its universaly known. India should learned from its mistakes and improve in future projects. Best luck to India.

As days pass the above post by faithfulguy seems to be more and more applicable.

There are only 30-40 Indian dudes/dudettes in my field in uni, all of them are incredibly intelligent, I don't know why when there is a billion+ of them back in India, they are still having trouble with so many basic technologies.

You're right. But Indians don't believe LCA is a failure and its not. It is a successful project since it got us the tech know-how to build a 4th en aircraft. Its our first advanced jet fighter. It was bound to take time.

Looking at the specs of the fighter brings a smile at my face since its way better than what we expected. IAF's requirements have changed from time to time and these changes have been made to the aircraft too which are the true reason for the delays.

A foreign engine could have made LCA possible 5-7 earlier. As the time passed by, the requirements increased from a MMR to an AESA radar and now low observability. IAF's stance has changed in the past years. They are not ready for anything less than perfect.

Even China with so much of tech and experience is having problem with their first jet engine. For India it is an achievement that they at least got close to it and with in a couple of years with foreign assistance they would be able to complete the engine too.

A foreign engine could have made LCA possible 5-7 earlier. As the time passed by, the requirements increased from a MMR to an AESA radar and now low observability. IAF's stance has changed in the past years. They are not ready for anything less than perfect.

Even China with so much of tech and experience is having problem with their first jet engine. For India it is an achievement that they at least got close to it and with in a couple of years with foreign assistance they would be able to complete the engine too.

I thought that LCA always designed to use foreign engine. So as it uses foreign engine, would it be ready sooner.

Also, India has tried to build jet fighters and tanks. The attempt itself is something to celebrate. The only thing worse is not tried. Though India failed in the project, as you said, India learn valuable lessons that can apply to the future.

I thought that LCA always designed to use foreign engine. So as it uses foreign engine, would it be ready sooner.

Also, India has tried to build jet fighters and tanks. The attempt itself is something to celebrate. The only thing worse is not tried. Though India failed in the project, as you said, India learn valuable lessons that can apply to the future.

wat project...........it is not yet closed and now don bring in tanks................don troll until its official.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

U need to read latest report on Arjun Tank:woot:

^ I wouldn't say its failed faithfulguy.

Arjun has passed tests with flying colours.
The LCA will be inducted soon (I think the latest date is 6-7 months)

If nothing else, you have to award them on perseverance.

BTW the indigenous engine was supposed to be fitted on the LCA?

I don't understand why you use the word FAILED, when LCA is ordered and going to be inducted soon.

There is nothing failed in it. Efforts are still on and we're seeing great progress and expect the plane to be inducted with next two years.

I don't understand why you use the word FAILED, when LCA is ordered and going to be inducted soon.

There is nothing failed in it. Efforts are still on and we're seeing great progress and expect the plane to be inducted with next two years.

mental satisfaction :hang2::hang2:

failed?? did you conduct the tests ??
A project fails when the project is scrapped and nothing is achived out of it......you are not updated on the Arjun tests.please post sensibly.:disagree:

As of now, the declared PAK-FA RCS is inferior to what F-15 SE would have. Also, how come F-15 SE is not in the MRCA bidding process. This plane is superior to all other planes in contention as this is a 5th generation plane.

THIS will be a good discussion point F15 RCS vs PAK-FA
F15E RCS - Lets get it going ,
What is F15E RCS?????? , which are lines of shapings on F15 E airframe
2505amp.jpg

Faithful
*some 6 months back,you were bragging in pak-fa thread,that jxx test flight would take earlier than pak-fa.
*You clearly stated that pakfa will be inferior to f15se.Dude do you know the rcs,engine thrust,radar range,range of weapons etc in pak-fa?If not then you shouldn't have bragged that f15SE will be superior to pak-fa.
*regarding indian failures you had announced that arjun and lca were failed projects.Please check the project updates to understand that you were wrong.
From all these idiotic predictions that went wrong,you should have learned that one should not pass comments without knowing full facts.

Faithful
*some 6 months back,you were bragging in pak-fa thread,that jxx test flight would take earlier than pak-fa.
*You clearly stated that pakfa will be inferior to f15se.Dude do you know the rcs,engine thrust,radar range,range of weapons etc in pak-fa?If not then you shouldn't have bragged that f15SE will be superior to pak-fa.
*regarding indian failures you had announced that arjun and lca were failed projects.Please check the project updates to understand that you were wrong.
From all these idiotic predictions that went wrong,you should have learned that one should not pass comments without knowing full facts.

well if there is a real news of jubliation we will not troll... just like in the thread where Mod posted it.. but the prob is we cannot take bullshits... 5th generation plane in IAF :no::no::no::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i would like to see same comments from you in j-10 THREAD WHICH is far away from being in green with white star.

fifth gen fighter is promised in indian arcenal , be it fgfa option from russia, or F-35 Option from lockheed, or AMCA option from india them self.

yeh it wil ltake time - and if first and third will take too much time - i am sure Indians will go for American option.

Back
Top Bottom