What's new

Imran Khan challenges Obama to give names of the people killed in Drone

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran Khan challenges Obama to give names of the people killed in Drone Strikes...

Drones will push people towards terrorism' - Imran Khan

Imran Khan tells Channel 4 News drone attacks in Pakistan are "fomenting radicalisation" and calls on the US to name victims to prove they are killing terrorists, not civilians.

Your march against drones happens on 7 October. What is the rally's aim?

Imran Khan: The key aim is to show to the world that these strikes are being carried out in clear violation of international laws and fundamental human rights. We want the world to see how counter-productive these strikes are in curbing terrorism. If anything they are actually fomenting radicalisation.

The people of Waziristan stand isolated, infrastructure has been destroyed, people have been displaced, their children haven't gone to schools in years and economic activities stand paralysed.

We believe that continued reliance on military strategy will push the people of the region towards the terrorists. We want to give hope to the people of the region and show the world that the way to win this war is to isolate the terrorists and win the hearts and minds of the people.

US officials call drones the 'most precise system' in their arsenal. What is your response?

IK: There is complete media censorship in the region and there is no reliable way of verifying claims of militant casualties. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) rejects US and Pakistani government claims suggesting that drone strikes are highly precise and effective. If they were to be believed, why is not the media allowed to verify these claims?

We reject claims suggesting that drone strikes are highly precise and effective. If they were to be believed, why is the media not allowed to verify these claims?

If the strikes are as accurate as being suggested, the identities of the victims should be disclosed for the world to see the efficacy of the drones in eliminating terrorists. We believe that these strikes are killing people indiscriminately, complete media censorship and non-disclosure of victim identities supports our assertion.

A total of 32 drone strikes have hit Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) in 2012. To date, close to 340 drone strikes have killed more than 800 civilians and have caused approximately 3,300 casualties, which, for reasons of media prohibitions in the region, are also dubious as to whether the victims were militants or civilians.

Both In the US and UK, legal challenges related to US drone use are about to hit the courts. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) will take the CIA to court for refusing to comply with a Freedom of Information request for copies of documents related to the CIA's drone strike programme.

In the UK, Reprieve and Leigh Day are bringing legal action against the foreign secretary, William Hague, over the passing of UK intelligence to the US for use in targeting of drone strikes in Pakistan. The case is schedule to take place in the High Court next month. The British people have a right to know about the policies being pursued by their government.

Analysts pointed out that drone strikes would only be one option among many potential uses of shared information, including arrest, surveillance, black propaganda, ground force attacks, or drone strikes.

Why do you think President Obama's drone policy is not a bigger election issue?

IK: The US government is projecting the drone campaign as a success on the most absurd assumptions. As for President Obama and [as far as] his election campaign is concerned, I must say that I am extremely disappointed for how he has expanded military action in Afghanistan and the tribal areas of Pakistan. Even the Americans feel that Obama has strengthened the police state and expanded US militarism abroad, according to reports.

(Above: A building reduced to rubble following a drone strike in a village in Waziristan)

What is your reaction to the Taliban who are reported to have made threats against you and the march?

IK: A man of faith doesn't fear death and a march for peace against drone strikes that have affected hundreds of thousands of people in the tribal areas is worth dying for. We come in peace, with no political or religious agenda but in humility for humanity - we are not the threat!

What happens next in your fight against drones?

IK: Of drones I think of two words - immoral and insane. Immoral because you cannot justify eliminating suspects and insane because it's counter-productive. All it does is it turns more people against the US, hatred grows and the beneficiaries of this insanity are the militants. Having seen the impact of drone attacks, I completely disagree with this way. It is inhuman. I dont know how anyone presses buttons and eliminates human beings on information that might or might not be correct. How can this be civilised? As for the PTI, we will continue our struggle against the drone campaign, because we stand opposed to indiscriminate and extra-judicial killings.

Imran Khan is leader of Pakistan political party Tehreek-e-Insaf (Movement for Justice. He is former captain of the country's cricket team.

'Drones will push people towards terrorism' - Imran Khan - Channel 4 News

:tup:

Obama, or his agencies wont be able to provide anything, because when you have a military as big as the US military it makes you feel as if you are carrying a sledgehammer and when you are carrying a sledgehammer everything seems like a nail. America's so called "democratic principles and human rights" only apply to its citizens, they have started to kill them now too though.

Obama, or his agencies wont be able to provide anything, because when you have a military as big as the US military it makes you feel as if you are carrying a sledgehammer and when you are carrying a sledgehammer everything seems like a nail. America's so called "democratic principles and human rights" only apply to its citizens, they have started to kill them now too though.

Do you have the names of the people dead>?

Literally there was no population census in most of the country and the administration or military has no reach on these areas.

And now expecting obama to give names... thats quite funny.

Literally there was no population census in most of the country and the administration or military has no reach on these areas.

It would always look funny to an Indian nothing new in that mindset...

When the drone strikes it kills people, who decides that the one killed were culprits or innocent? If the killed were the culprits and US must have nabbed them with a proper intel on them. They (US) must certainly know their names from the intel reports... that's all what Imran Khan is asking for - provide the damn names if they were really terrorists... and now if you say in a counter argument to provide the names of the ones killed if they are innocent... then you certainly have some brain farts, how the f$ck one gets info from a dead body?

Imran Khan challenges Obama to give names of the people killed in Drone Strikes...

.....calls on the US to name victims to prove they are killing terrorists, not civilians.

Yet another "lazy" statement from an "armchair" politician.

He is the biggest known politician who seldom speaks against Islamists and suiciders.

Heck Imran should be the one compiling lists of all those who have died in North Wazirastan to show that `100% were civilians and Americans have not killed any terrorist hiding in NW.

Here is the news about killing of 8 suspected terrorists via drone.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/441736/drone-strike-kills-3-people-in-n-waziristan/

No body has stopped Imran to send in a fact finding mission and prove that none of the terorists were hit.

But Imran would not do that. Instead he will continue asking $tupid questions from Obama.

Oh well. This is what he has to do to score political points.

What a sad state of Pakistani affairs.

peace

It would always look funny to an Indian nothing new in that mindset...

When the drone strikes it kills people, who decides that the one killed were culprits or innocent? If the killed were the culprits and US must have nabbed them with a proper intel on them. They (US) must certainly know their names from the intel reports... that's all what Imran Khan is asking for - provide the damn names if they were really terrorists... and now if you say in a counter argument to provide the names of the ones killed if they are innocent... then you certainly have some brain farts, how the f$ck one gets info from a dead body?

Can you be more specific...

other than talking about my nationality and usual vibes like brainfarts and all do you have any answer for the question?.

Or if you dont have the answer you may please just stand on the side and wait for somebody to provide the answer..

Thank you.

i agree...same way i wouldnt expect an indian on either PDF or in a position of power to be able to name the scores of Kashmiris killed by trigger happy indian occupation forces

so obviously indians and obama admin see very clearly eye-to-eye on some aspects......washing your hands and making flowery statements does little to change realities on the ground

at any rate, it will be interesting to observe the march to Waziristan......none of the political elite living luxuriously in Islamabad would muster the courage to venture out there --even though the people of Waziristan are our people -many who have been cooperative with the security forces in identifying location/whereabouts of the hidden enemy

i agree...same way i wouldnt expect an indian on either PDF or in a position of power to be able to name the scores of Kashmiris killed by trigger happy indian occupation forces

so obviously indians and obama admin see very clearly eye-to-eye on some aspects......washing your hands and making flowery statements does little to change realities on the ground

on the topic please... yes the kashmir India/indian blah blah blahss...

i ve read that many a times... on the topic please.

Are you out of your mind? , those who KILL need to give evidence that they haven't been killing people at random and terrorists since they claim them to be a precised and identified, not otherwise.If you believe in what you wrote then you must be one of the few, who believe in "guilty until proven innocent".

Can you be more specific...

other than talking about my nationality and usual vibes like brainfarts and all do you have any answer for the question?.

Or if you dont have the answer you may please just stand on the side and wait for somebody to provide the answer..

Thank you.

Hence it proves you've brain farts right now... What part of my post did you not get?

BTW, why should a Pakistani be providing explanations to an Indian who as a matter of fact always takes side with the US no matter what?

PS: there are a few rational Indians on this forum no disrespect or offence intended to them.

Are you out of your mind? , those who KILL need to give evidence that they have killed terrorists not otherwise.
If you believe in what you wrote then you must be one of the few, who believe in "guilty until proven innocent".

I was simply asking does Pakistan have the records of the people living in that area or do they have the liberty to freely enquire about the inhabitants of those areas which are under constant drone attacks.

There is a thing called "census" which literally takes the information about the people in certain areas, as far as I know there has been anything of that sort taken inside Pakistan for decades.

So my question was does Pakistan have recorded books of people residing on those border areas to cross verify if ever US gives a list.

My question is simple and hence expecting the answer to be simple.

Out of my mind? not really.

Hence it proves you've brain farts right now... What part of my post did you not get?

BTW, why should a Pakistani be providing explanations to an Indian who as a matter of fact always takes side with the US no matter what?

LOL... i didnt ask you specifically for an answer..

You are not the designated automated reply machine pdf has installed to answer all the queries.. so shooooo...

Names for collateral damage?

Does IK realize that these people have no humanity?

I was simply asking does Pakistan have the records of the people living in that area or do they have the liberty to freely enquire about the inhabitants of those areas which are under constant drone attacks.

There is a thing called "census" which literally takes the information about the people in certain areas, as far as I know there has been anything of that sort taken inside Pakistan for decades.

So my question was does Pakistan have recorded books of people residing on those border areas to cross verify if ever US gives a list.

My question is simple and hence expecting the answer to be simple.

Out of my mind? not really.

LOL... i didnt ask you specifically for an answer..

You are not the designated automated reply machine pdf has installed to answer all the queries.. so shooooo...

Pakistan govt does nothing for the drone victims, the people sitting in remember are nothing but puppets doing their jobs if you remember how they were brought into power through NRO.

What makes you think that they will expose the massacre of innocent Pakistanis by their masters ? - If it was the case there would be no need for Imran Khan to arrange a peace march and bring international HR activists to find out what really happened.

Pakistan govt does nothing for the drone victims, the people sitting in remember are nothing but puppets doing their jobs if you remember how they were brought into power through NRO.

What makes you think that they will expose the massacre of innocent Pakistanis by their masters ? - If it was the case there would be no need for Imran Khan to arrange a peace march and bring international HR activists to find out what really happened.

So basically the administration is not sure of whom are killed and Army has previously and currently refused to operate in those areas to flush out unwanted elements citing it wants to consolidate its gains elsewhere.

And now this ex-cricketer wants Obama to provide names of each and every one killed in the area.

Here is a drone map.

drones.jpg

First acknowledge and provide US with the complete list and then ask for their list and compare and come to conclusion.

Oh i forgot you have already taken away that option by saying Pakistan Government is a puppet of US.

I rest my case...you guys continue with the thread..

And ashtanosh...no heart feelingss.. and please dont interfere when elders talk.Thanks.

post 3 was actually a facepalm, i dont know why he got replies trying to explain.... since he himself said that he is dafaan from the thread, so lets ignore the ignorant and discuss the issue at hand.

Back
Top Bottom