What's new

In China, megacities deploy world’s largest bus

xizhimen

BANNED
Reaction score
In China, megacities deploy world’s largest bus

Capable of transporting up to 300 passengers, the Youngman JNP6250G is believed to be the world’s largest bus.

17th January 2012 in Transportation.

In China — where larger cities have populations of multi-millions — authorities are concerned that increasing car ownership will cause extreme congestion and paralyze road networks. Now the solution may come in the form of the Youngman JNP6250G, a bus believed to be the largest in the world, capable of transporting up to 300 passengers.

Created by the Youngman Vehicle Group, the JNP6250G is 25 meters in length — 13 meters longer than a standard bus — with five doors and 40 seats, capable of traveling at a top speed of 82 kph. To make disabled access easier, its designers have incorporated a pavement-level step and wide aisles, while a central area is specifically allocated for wheelchairs. Similar to London’s now defunct “bendy bus”, the JNP6250G is able to turn corners with a radius equal to that of a normal bus thanks to two accordion-ribbed joints. As reported by China Tech Gadget, a fleet of the vehicles will create the Bus Rapid Transit service — BRT — in Beijing and Hangzhou, and this fleet will have a dedicated lane on highways to ensure optimum speed.

While the JNP6250G is practical solution to a serious environmental and transportation problem, the accordion-like hinges have proved to be hazardous to cyclists and pedestrians in London. With well-considered route planning, however, there may still be a lucrative future in such buses.

YoungmanJNP6250G1.jpg

What happened to this one? I remember it is being built in Beijing.

Mega-Straddle-Bus-540x201.jpg

Good concept however isnt it economically wiser to have a metro instead of a bus that carries 300 in the long run?

Nice one, I hope it is well thought out. The sheer size would confine it to large straight roads. Taking a U turn, now thats a video I like to see.

What happened to this one? I remember it is being built in Beijing.

Mega-Straddle-Bus-540x201.jpg

I saw that news too,but I dont know wether it is practial,I m all for the subway and underground road system,Beijing has underground roads system in Haidian and Jinrongjie,I heard soom will be spreaded to CBD.

001849419.jpg

I saw that news too,but I dont know wether it is practial,I m all for the subway and underground road system,Beijing has underground roads system in Haidian and Jinrongjie,I heard soom will be spreaded to CBD.

When the news came out, it said it would be built in 门头沟。Not sure whether it was just a plan.

Must be very difficult to turn these buses?

Why turn them at all. Just have a North-South and East-West grid and have engines and drivers cabin at both the ends. Just like trains and you eliminate the need to turn.

Back
Top Bottom