What's new

India 3rd most-favoured FDI destination: UN report

I'm not undermining India's attractiveness and am just pointing out the first report might've made a typo mistake somewhere

u read it correct... but attractiveness has nothing to do with last years FIIs.

it just means India is 3rd when it comes to giving a stable environment and equally healthy returns. IT has nothing to do with what we mange to earn despite this reasonably good portfolio. .

What Chinese members fail to understand is that this is a 2011’s World Investment Prospects Survey (WIPS), a forecast of global and regional FDI inflows through 2011 - 2013. Respondents (CEOs) mentioned China, US and India, maximum number of times, as a top FDI priority destination.

What Chinese members fail to understand is that this is a 2011’s World Investment Prospects Survey (WIPS), a forecast of global and regional FDI inflows through 2011 - 2013. Respondents (CEOs) mentioned China, US and India, maximum number of times, as a top FDI priority destination.

There is no need to generalize. Perhaps if you highlight the survey part too, laymen like me would have a easier time to understand. Anyway someone did show me the light so no harm done.

I'm not undermining India's attractiveness and am just pointing out the first report might've made a typo mistake somewhere.
not typo, its weak reading comprehension. We understand where u coming from

India: more good news

But the rupee bounced back from an all-time low and equities hit a three month high. On Friday, there was more good news: a United Nations report lists India as the world’s third-most desirable destination for direct investment over the next three years, after China and the US.

The numbers seem to agree. Despite the government’s epic foot-dragging when it comes to opening up sectors including retail, aviation and insurance to further – or any – foreign direct investment, FDI in India grew by 31 per cent in 2011, to $32bn. It’s further evidence of India’s attractiveness in spite of the difficulties facing investors.

The UN Conference on Trade and Development’s World Investment Report 2012 characterised the prospects for FDI in India (and all of South Asia) as “cautiously optimistic”:

India: more good news – over to Delhi | beyondbrics

If india develops economy for eliminating poverty and growing science and technology,not for manufacturing overmuch weapons and feed embezzlers,wo are gratified.if india and pak peace,just image a strong union,china-india-pak,everything is highly developping,we are mutually complementary.

What's the use of attractiveness if we aren't getting FDI
China , Russia , Brazil are getting more FDI :P

i think it will come ture in 20 years later.and you will find these three countries can not being US.'s ally.

What's the use of attractiveness if we aren't getting FDI
China , Russia , Brazil are getting more FDI :P

“They did a survey of 179 top global firms around the world and they asked their top destinations where they planned to invest between 2012 to 2014, and India ranked third in that survey. So after China and United States, India is the third most attractive destination as perceived by the global companies,” Kumar announced.

May be in the next 2 years we will know

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom