What's new

India developing 6000 km range Agni-6 SLBM with MIRV

Ist we have to develop A-3SL then K-4 and now A-6 what going on in DRDO. They are just making statement even they did not fully develop K-15 which not in ready status. they are just giving us new name but they ........................................ result awaited.............

Where did you read that K-15 is not ready? A-3SL was never mentioned by DRDO but an internet idea. Shaurya is already inducted and when Arihant is ready it will get K-15. The missile is ready as it is same as Shaurya.

The Times of India on Mobile

this news was from 2007
for Agni4

13 Dec 2007, 0143 hrs
IST,TNN
NEW DELHI: In what
could
provide India greater
strategic
depth, the government
on
Wednesday announced
its plan
to develop 6,000-km
range Agni-
IV missile which will be
capable
of destroying targets
deepin
China.

The announcement is
seen as a
move to send out strong
signals
to countries in the
neighbourhood. Any
missile with
a range of more than
5,000 km
stationed in south or
central
India would be out of the
range
of most capable missiles
in
Pakistan's arsenal while it
would
be able to hit targets in
eastern
and northern China with
cities
like Beijing and Shanghai
in its
ambit.
The 3,500-km Agni-III,
which was
successfully test-fired in
April,
will not be able to reach
cities
like Beijing unless it is
deployed
in eastern states near the
Chinese border.
Top scientist V K Saraswat
of
the Defence Research
and
Development
Organisation
(DRDO) said the Agni-IV
project was in the
design
stage and its trials and
development could take
a few
years.

Saraswat said the DRDO
would carry out three
more
tests of Agni-III over the
next
yearwith the second trial
of
the missile slated by June.
The
3,500-km range missile,
which
has the capacity to carry a
nuclear payload of upto
tonnes, is likely to be
inducted
into the forces by 2009
after
at least three successful
tests.
The DRDO scientist said
India
would have a complete
ballistic
missile defence (BMD)
system in
three years — ready and
deployed. The system will
have
interceptor missiles that
can hit
targets 50-km above the
atmosphere and
supersonic
interceptors that can
eliminate
endo-atmospheric targets
15-km
within the atmosphere.
Believed to be superior to
America's Patriot, the
BMD
system has been in
development
for the last eight years. As
part
of the programme, the
Prithvi air
defence missile was tested
in
November 2006 while
advanced
air defence interceptor
was
tested this month.
The development of
6,000-km
Agni-IV also indicates
that the
country has shelved
plans to
develop Inter-
Continental
Ballistic Missiles which
would
have hit far away
targets. There had been
speculations of
India developing an
ICBM
named Surya with a
range of
more than 10,000-km.

However,
in light of the ongoing
negotiations on Indo-US
nuclear
deal, it is quite possible
that
India may not like to
annoy US.

^^^^^^ now from my above post u can easly understand that India is indeed developing a 6000km range agani missle.
Its disgine and development had started way back in 2007 thus we can easily assume that this missile will be ready for test in 2-3years and for deployment in 5-6 years. At that time it is known as Agni-4 and now known as Agani-6.

Way to go drdo.

Ist we have to develop A-3SL then K-4 and now A-6 what going on in DRDO. They are just making statement even they did not fully develop K-15 which not in ready status. they are just giving us new name but they ........................................ result awaited.............

Sagarika already in production mate !!

Where did you read that K-15 is not ready? A-3SL was never mentioned by DRDO but an internet idea. Shaurya is already inducted and when Arihant is ready it will get K-15. The missile is ready as it is same as Shaurya.
shaurya is land base version of k-15 and it is only test 1 time did you think DRDO is master in the technology that they did not need to test more on this missile WOW!!!!!!!!!!!.
and about k-15 it is test six time total in this once it will test fire from pontoon it not yet fire from submarine.
The tests of February 26, 2008 was conducted from a submerged pontoon 50 metres (160 ft) beneath the surface off the coast of Visakhapatnam

shaurya is land base version of k-15 and it is only test 1 time did you think DRDO is master in the technology that they did not need to test more on this missile WOW!!!!!!!!!!!.

I thought you knew this!!!!! :eek:

That test was not the first test of Shaurya/K-15. It is tested earlier many times. Shaurya is under production since early 2009 as reported.

Pls go through this...... Specially last sentence.

http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/dpi/Frontline02Jan09.pdf

and about k-15 it is test six time total in this once it will test fire from pontoon it not yet fire from submarine.

This has nothing to do with the missile but the submarine. K-15/Shaurya is the same missile and Shaurya under induction.

Kya baat hai Kinetic bhai maine kal drdo tech post kia aur apne aaj newsletter post kar diya:toast_sign::tup:

That test was not the first test of Shaurya/K-15. It is tested earlier many times. Shaurya is under production since early 2009 as reported.

DRDO to Conduct Tests for Interceptor Missile, Sagarika K-15 Missile | India Defence

This has nothing to do with the missile but the submarine. K-15/Shaurya is the same missile and Shaurya under induction.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) plans another test-firing of the K-15 missile from a pontoon off the coast of Visakhapatnam. Developed under the Sagarika project, the K-15 has been test-fired several times from submerged pontoons off Visakhapatnam.

The pontoon, simulating the conditions of a submarine, will be positioned about 10 to 20 metres below the sea surface. A gas-charged booster will erupt into life, driving the two-stage missile to the surface. The missile's first stage will then ignite and it will climb 20 km in the air before cutting a parabolic path and travelling over a range of 700 km.

The missile, which is under production, can carry both conventional and nuclear warheads. It will form part of the lethal arsenal of the country's first nuclear-powered submarine, Arihant, which is undergoing sea trials. India is building two more such submarines. The DRDO is developing a K-4 underwater-launched missile, which will have a range of 3,000 km. Developmental tests of the missile's gas-booster have taken place from a pontoon.

Im talking about land base version which we call shaurya that was testing in Nov 2008 only once if it will test more can you confirm me.

Kya baat hai Kinetic bhai maine kal drdo tech post kia aur apne aaj newsletter post kar diya:toast_sign::tup:

lol Yehi to kaami hai! ;)

Im talking about land base version which we call shaurya that was testing in Nov 2008 only once if it will test more can you confirm me.

What is the differences between the land based Shaurya and K-15? If there is no launch of K-15 from submarines. That mean all the launches were from land. Some from underwater pontoons and some from silos/TELs. If there is no differences why you need specific info about test of land version?

Above all when the land version went serial production why are we thinking about tests? Do you think they started serial production with out tests? No. I am again telling you, go through the article. you will get lots of info though its more than two years old.

lol Yehi to kaami hai! ;)

What is the differences between the land based Shaurya and K-15? If there is no launch of K-15 from submarines. That mean all the launches were from land. Some from underwater pontoons and some from silos/TELs. If there is no differences why you need specific info about test of land version?

Above all when the land version went serial production why are we thinking about tests? Do you think they started serial production with out tests? No. I am again telling you, go through the article. you will get lots of info though its more than two years old.

Dnt get personal or angry Im just debating on Shaurya/K-15.
and as of your word it is same then it mean with some minor changes we can fire them from submarine coze what is the differance if one rule apply form one missile it will same for another.

Feeling the heat already? :lol:

Troll forced to close the thread and you are so happy!!!! :angel: Are you making fun of yourself!

No dumb dumb iam not making fun of myself before i would do such a thing i would make fun of you and what heat plzz save those ego boaster comments :lol: they mean jack to me but anyhow i was simply laughing cuz what the thread starter said so before you start pissing in your paints start thinking about what you say iam not here to make fun of the story but simply of what the thread said .

Pakistani's are just feeling jealous.

We are not jelious alteast not me.... think about what you say and when you said smart a$$ with a small brain ... you can check any of my post i have never ever shown any jelious statments or comments i infact always am happy for both nations so think about you say .

Dnt get personal or angry Im just debating on Shaurya/K-15.

Where did I get personal? Did not you said in the first post that "they did not fully develop K-15 which not in ready status." But the reality is the missile is under production for long time. Still you are asking for info on more tests while it clearly mention in the above link that it had been tested many times.

and as of your word it is same then it mean with some minor changes we can fire them from submarine coze what is the differance if one rule apply form one missile it will same for another.

You can read the first post of the thread. It is a good example... DRDO mentioned " a 6000 km A6 system with MIRV, capable of launching from both the ground and underwater." I think you got it now.

Back
Top Bottom