What's new

India developing 6000 km range Agni-6 SLBM with MIRV

A relative of mine , works of a company that sells mapping as well as surveillance related software to india's armed and paramilitary forces, including the CRPF COBRA command centre, which is in delhi (cant disclose exact location on an open forum ) ,

Anyway, we were out having dinner with an influential person in artillery who was going to okay the software purchase . We got talking about the nirbhay cruise missile programme , and he said, a lot of it might use tech from the brahmos, and that the army didnt really need the nirbhay as of now. The reason for this, he pointed out, is that the 290km range of the brahmos is more of an eyewash. We have managed to secretly upgrade modify of our brahmos missiles to go up to 900-1000km. He also stated that the brahmos is already nuclear capable . Of course, these cannot be declassified, and it would be a major diplomatic disaster for russia and india. He said that with the coming of the nirbhay, we could actually make this capability known.

Seems only logical that the indian navy is putting the brahmos aboard all of its new ships.

Of course, i dont have any 'links' to back my story up, and i cant name the people involved . . . . but, that's it, for what its worth.

hmmm...so our russian brothers did get the required tech in our hands via the BACK DOOR!!;):chilli:

& regarding the range of Agni III; I repeat don't get urself much proudly. Just ponder over the figures I am going to giv

Agni III launch weight: 48000kg; Shaheen II has 23600 kg.
Max range Agni III: 5000km; Saheen II has 3500km

Weight to range proportion=
For Agni III: 9.6 for Shaheen II: 6.74

This means that roughly for every 9.6 kilogram of solid propellant you introduce in Agni you get 1km excess range & we get the same range with 6.74kg of propellant...meaning your chemical engineers produce less quality propellant than ours /..

Also ponder over this :

If you are really into comparing then Agni2Prime weights 16-17 tonnes and has a maximum range of 3700km.
Agni III can throw 2490kg upto 3500km... and you won't find such things in Wiki....

Thanks to trolls, first thread has been closed. So starting new thread to discuss.

Agni-6

DRDO developing new Agni-6 (A6) missile with MIRV capable of launching from both ground and submarine. It has 6000 km range.

Also note 5000 km range canister launched Agni-5 and technologically challenging Agni-2P.

15ria11.jpg

http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/nl/2011/NLMay2011.pdf

I hope they have already developed Agni-VI and also tested, if we take note of development of Agni-V which took only 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom