What's new

India launches Aakash tablet computer priced at $35!

I am sure a poor person who has probably never used a computer in his life before would not be worried about resistive touchscreen or processor speed for that matter.I think it's a good initiative.

I like your positive approach throughout this thread! Appreciate it :tup:

(Unlike other trolls)

Mate - what you guys dont see is when i see a pakistani kid or indian kid, i only see the kid bit. I despise people having cheap shots and today i got wound up but had a long chat eith fateh71 and explained my side. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing a product that will reach out to those people that would never dream of a gadget like this from the land where my father was born. When i think it will give 1000s of kids to do things with a computer that in all honesty they could only dream of it gives me a buzz! I commend developments like this its great for children. What however does make me smile is obviously the maker of this has intensly concentrated on price being kept down and guys miss the point and question ram or speed of internet! They are going to be ecstatic with what they have boys!
Thanks B_R_I_C.

Resistive touch screen.
Why not capacitive?

38$, not 100$

This price is for the 10,000 units that are being produced. When this number goes up to 1 million, the price will come down considerably. I am expecting price to drop to 30$ or less (manufacturing cost) by next year with better features. Fact is that technology keeps getting cheaper but corporates do not pass on the benefit to the customer and reinvest it for more development.

However, I'm happy that other Pakistani members are appreciative of the good work.

293366_242926679089137_100001154200607_673295_1217111039_n.jpg

Mate - what you guys dont see is when i see a pakistani kid or indian kid, i only see the kid bit. I despise people having cheap shots and today i got wound up but had a long chat eith fateh71 and explained my side. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing a product that will reach out to those people that would never dream of a gadget like this from the land where my father was born. When i think it will give 1000s of kids to do things with a computer that in all honesty they could only dream of it gives me a buzz! I commend developments like this its great for children. What however does make me smile is obviously the maker of this has intensly concentrated on price being kept down and guys miss the point and question ram or speed of internet! They are going to be ecstatic with what they have boys!
Thanks B_R_I_C.

I'm sure the device will make it's way to Pakistan and other countries who need it. Such initiatives will help spread education and develop lives, so that our future generations can live better lives have have better relations with each other.

I hope GoI doesn't screw it up - they usually do. In my opinion, they should have eschewed the touch screen and provided a QWERTY keypad - it would probably make the device faster and easier to type on than a resistive screen. But at 7" typing should not be a problem on a resistive screen.

Aakash: Government aims to make the $35 tablet even cheaper to $10

ALeqM5h9ODYlJDrCtaVby2nmTBBtZo4WKg

NEW DELHI: The world's cheapest tablet computer was launched in India on Wednesday with 500 school students becoming the first few recipients. Telecoms and human resource development minister Kapil Sibal launched the tablet - Aakash - priced at $35 or Rs 1,750 for students pursuing graduation and said that the government aimed to increase production to bring down the cost of the tablet to less than $10 or Rs 500.

Read more : Aakash: Government aims to make the $35 tablet even cheaper to $10 - The Economic Times

Aakash: Government aims to make the $35 tablet even cheaper to $10

Ten bucks!!! Dang,that would be ridiculous if the article is true.Even folks on the poverty line will be able to afford it!!!

Good job Sibal. Man it will cost me A$49 to just check what's wrong with my tablet if ever I need it repaired!!

Congrats to Indians.

It is really sad to see Pakistan & India came into being same day, Pakistan did good in first couple of years & India was left behind but after that since 80's Pakistan start destroying itself by bringing in some stupid man made theories in the name of Islam. Today India has left Pakistan behind nearly in every field & going more up to stand with countries like China while Pakistan continues to destroy itself. My heart is crying & i don't know when will Pakistanis get ghairat & wake up.

Back
Top Bottom