What's new

India launches Aakash tablet computer priced at $35!

Worried about the responsiveness of the screen? Don't be

accessories_08.jpg

The add on accesories includes a keyboard case.

Source: http://www.ubislate.com

it's a good start i think.....if they can be used as everyday planners and for taking notes in class for example

i'll say a job well done by them....

on the other note ,GOI should have launched datawinds ubisurfer net book instead of Aakash tablet....Netbook ,which is currently priced @8000 , could have been bought down to somewhere around 3000/3500:p:P...?? would have been perfect for student use ...:tup:

specification..
Display:
7 inch TFT – Wide screen display
800 x 480 pixels (WVGA)

Memory:
128MB Ram; 1GB Flash
Online: 50 GB

Networking:
Embedded Cellular Modem
Wireless LAN WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g
10BaseT Ethernet Interface

Audio(Offline):
Built-in Dual Speaker System
Stereo Sound Earphone Jack

Control:
Touch Mouse Pad - Dual Button
Keyboard: Standard 80 Key

Software:
Operating System: Available in Linux & Win CE
Primary Application: Datawind Web Browser
Offline Applications: Calendar, Media Player,
Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Presentation, PDF
Viewer, Email, Paint, Games

Battery & Power:
Lithium Polymer or External DC Adapter
Approximate Working Time: 3 hours

Size/Weight:
222 x 165 x 29.5 mm
700 grams

Ports:
Push-Push SD card socket
USB Port, Earphone & Ethernet jacks.

Speed:
Loads Web Pages in less than 7 Seconds

datawind-ubisurfer-netbook-photo-1.jpg

datawind-ubisurfer-netbook-photo-2.jpg

Linux powered? :tup: Linux can be optimized for the processor architecture.

Congrats to Indians.

It is really sad to see Pakistan & India came into being same day, Pakistan did good in first couple of years & India was left behind but after that since 80's Pakistan start destroying itself by bringing in some stupid man made theories in the name of Islam. Today India has left Pakistan behind nearly in every field & going more up to stand with countries like China while Pakistan continues to destroy itself. My heart is crying & i don't know when will Pakistanis get ghairat & wake up.

I happened to see a discussion on a Pakistani channel sometime back in which the anchor said that Pakistan was role model for developing nation in the 1960s during Ayub Era and was growing fast (It seems almost every Pakistani is nostalgic of the 1960s). A guest in that discussion answered that the seeds for the downfall of Pakistan was laid in the 1960s when the Military-Civil nexus began to take center stage and exert more and more power and eventually bypass the political structure.In short Pakistan sacrificed long term stability for short term growth.

pdf is not on the list?
that will drastically reduce its usage cause most of the literature is in pdf,,neither it has djvu,mobipocket prc?
many popular ebook formats are not on the list,,

pdf is not on the list?
that will drastically reduce its usage cause most of the literature is in pdf,,neither it has djvu,mobipocket prc?
many popular ebook formats are not on the list,,

You can download adobe reader for android, free of cost:undecided:

nice tablet
in 35$ not bad deal
but i m afraid that china will also launch a tablet that will smash this tablet

nice tablet
in 35$ not bad deal
but i m afraid that china will also launch a tablet that will smash this tablet

Would like to see a healthy competition there.Thats how prices of goods come down.

very good... We need to come out of western / us dependence on these kind of gadgets. If it gets imported in Pakistan, I ll surely buy it.

Back
Top Bottom