What's new

India offers to export electricity to Pakistan

Gossipmonger

Reaction score
Islamabad, Apr 20,

At a time when Pakistan is facing acute shortage of electricity, India has offered to sell power at cheap rates to its energy-starved neighbour, Commerce Secretary Zafar Mehmood said today.

India's offer will be discussed at the meeting of the Commerce Secretaries of India and Pakistan to be held in Islamabad during April 27-28, Mehmood told the media. However, he did not give details, including when New Delhi had made the offer.

The meeting between the Commerce Secretaries is part of the resumed dialogue process between the two countries. India has been pushing for greater trade and economic ties with Pakistan.

India offers cheap electricity to Pak

We ain't going to take it you know why?

Pakistan was offered these following:

China offered to take control of Pakistan supply lines, they promised no more power cuts and it will be $3 per unit. Pakistan goverment declined.

Iran offered is energy for $5 per unit. Again Pakistan goverment declined.

UAE offered to build a free Power Plant for Pakistan, again Pakistan goverment declined.

Now USA has offered us $15 per unit of enegy and guess waht The Pakistan Goverment accepted that sh*T.

That's how corrupt our goverment is.
:mad:

well stupid govt. of ours should first look at the shortage ..........during paddy season punjab gets 8 hours of daily cuts......

yes i heard that news on/from Geo

But the tarrif is going to be very interesting.... i don't think they would be offering cheap electricity.... 12-15p per unit is more likely in my opinion

but here in andhra we get only 8hours supply for agriculture needs that to in night time...

only 4 hours for agriculture.............(even when almost all of punjabis are involved in agriculture )

8 hours of daily cuts in industrial cities like Ludhiana and jalandhar..........................in rural punjab hardly 12 hours of light come by

yes i heard that news on/from Geo

But the tarrif is going to be very interesting.... i don't think they would be offering cheap electricity.... 12-15p per unit is more likely in my opinion

In Indian punjab rate is around 6-7 RS per unit..................how can india offers so much cheaper to foreign country????..................will not be under a dollar (more than RS 45 )

India's own power requirements should be met first and that too at a very fast pace if we have to achieve the growth as mentioned in the 12th plan.

only 4 hours for agriculture.............(even when almost all of punjabis are involved in agriculture )

8 hours of daily cuts in industrial cities like Ludhiana and jalandhar..........................in rural punjab hardly 12 hours of light come by

buddy dont you think so situation is improving there is no cut fromlast 7-8 months and in ludhiana there will 24 hour electricity in residential areas from this year according to news paper

For domestic use except summer, we don't have any power cuts....in summer, it is 4-6 hours depending on demand... in my home town there is no power cut as of now..

farmers are the main cause of electricty shortage because govt wants to privatistion of electricity board....and if privatisation is done they will 24 hours of electricity but thre will be no subsidy given to farmers ....so farmers are opposing it......see recent hartals in chandigarh by farmers....

India faced a acute shortage of power in many states. It is quite hard to believe that India could probably sell electric to Pakistan coz of its own necesity. But it might be true in order to build relationship with Pakistan and gain a bit of profit. The only state which is self sufficient in electricity I suppose is Gujrat and to some extent Maharashtra. Though the case of power shortage in maharashtra a couple of years back was quite serious, but have managed quite well recently. And deffinately though India at present not self sufficient in Power, but surely can become in several years, thanx to Civil nuclear deal and other thermal power projects by NTPC, hence a sell of electricity in cheap rate may not be completely ruled out in near future.

@ Prometheus: Exchange rate of INR is 1 INR = 0.526 PKR or 1 PKR = 1.902 INR

Reagrds
Drunken Monke

Pakistan should build its own capacity from hydral,Thermal i-e through thar coal,wind which has a potential of 50000 MW and biogas through 50 million cattles in the country.If we concentrate on these we may get electricity on half of todays price in three yrs time but the kick backs involved have taken our leaders to rental.

Back
Top Bottom