What's new

India plans to upgrade T-90 Main Battle Tank

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
T-90_Bhisma_cropped.jpg

According to latest media reports, India plans to upgrade Russian made T-90 tanks with latest technologies to keep it modern and fighting fit for next decade, Indian authorities have all ready had a meeting with makers of the tank in Russia recently and are planning on list of key technologies which will be part of the major upgrades planned by India.

Russia had showcased T-90MS upgraded tank in last defence expo and were keen to sale it to India, but India will be working in incorporating some local technologies in tank along with some Russian equipment s and are not interested in purchasing upgraded tank offered by Russia.

Major upgrades to the tanks planned is Automatic Target tracker which once locked will track the target in auto mode with full 360 degree coverage without inputs from gunner; another upgrade planned will be see improved Thermal Imager for better Night Fighting capability. Most of the upgrades planned with enhance tanks fighting in modern warfare.

Link - India plans to upgrade T-90 Main Battle Tank | idrw.org

T-90_Bhisma_cropped.jpg

According to latest media reports, India plans to upgrade Russian made T-90 tanks with latest technologies to keep it modern and fighting fit for next decade, Indian authorities have all ready had a meeting with makers of the tank in Russia recently and are planning on list of key technologies which will be part of the major upgrades planned by India.

Russia had showcased T-90MS upgraded tank in last defence expo and were keen to sale it to India, but India will be working in incorporating some local technologies in tank along with some Russian equipment s and are not interested in purchasing upgraded tank offered by Russia.

Major upgrades to the tanks planned is Automatic Target tracker which once locked will track the target in auto mode with full 360 degree coverage without inputs from gunner; another upgrade planned will be see improved Thermal Imager for better Night Fighting capability. Most of the upgrades planned with enhance tanks fighting in modern warfare.

Link - India plans to upgrade T-90 Main Battle Tank | idrw.org

Interesting, the Automatic Target Trackers were already in the Algerian T-90SA. Indian Army is only going for them now. Sights are going to be Catherine XP?

How many years MOD will take to sign the contract? :confused:
How many decades Russia will take to deliver upgrade kits / systems? :confused:

I think India will keep doing this just to make Russia happy ! T 90 is already a modern Tank if am not wrong,.IA must me told to live with what we have . Which is Arjun Mk1 and MK 2. We must develop and Upgrade Arjun insteed of Upgrading T90 every now and then. Its always better to have large number of tanks than just few Quality tanks.

Armour upgraded needed……:pop:

The current Russian armor is sufficient up till 2015, by then T-90 could also
get Kanchan armor, in addition to the ERA it already has.

There are many problem with quality of t90 produced in India. ToT is not fully achieved too. Some where i read that Russia dint give full access to ToT for which India Signed this deal. But Hats of to Indian Babus and Netas they dont even care about it . Lets see wat happen with T90 ms upgrade

I think India will keep doing this just to make Russia happy ! T 90 is already a modern Tank if am not wrong,.IA must me told to live with what we have . Which is Arjun Mk1 and MK 2. We must develop and Upgrade Arjun insteed of Upgrading T90 every now and then. Its always better to have large number of tanks than just few Quality tanks.

Currently, IA T-90S is not much superior to the T-72CIA or T-72M1 "Ajeya" MBTs, which also come
with ERA armor and all that.

We need to bring up the T-90s to the T-90MS "Tangil" standards...but with indigenous
tech instead of Russian tech wherever possible. It could be called Bhishma-II.

They keep on upgrading this tank and plan well in advance but no to Arjun. I know its heavy butu do something for it yaar. Its our tank anyway.

Wow, we have more T-90s on order than Russia??

They keep on upgrading this tank and plan well in advance but no to Arjun. I know its heavy butu do something for it yaar. Its our tank anyway.

Dude, Arjun Mk-1A and Mk-2 are well underway, IA has also shown great interest in
Arjun Mk-3, just let things proceed.

Makes sense to keep these things up to date. But I think the very fact that the IA is only going to upgrade existing T-90S and not get more units of the MS standard is proof that they are certainly looking to the Arjun for their future. Now DRDO need to deliver.

Well these upgrades are necessary since our armed forces cannot settle for anything which is outdated but this should in no way affect the Arjun program.And the prime emphasis of the upgrade should be on the development of indigenous capabilities and technologies.

The current Russian armor is sufficient up till 2015, by then T-90 could also
get Kanchan armor, in addition to the ERA it already has.

its front turrent below the gun seems to be its weak point thats what i am talking about……:yu:

its front turrent below the gun seems to be its weak point thats what i am talking about……:yu:

Kanchan is present on a number of T-90s already.

Are your guns accurate enough to hit a particular point? If they are,
then let me have the pleasure of telling you, so can our's!

It's not a problem to find PA tank's weak spot and fire it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom