Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

INDIA STOCKS-Indian shares post worst losing streak in four years​

By Bharath Rajeswaran

YJCTHIAP5FJLTNY7AMAT4YWIX4.jpg

BENGALURU, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Indian shares registered their longest losing streak in nearly four years on Tuesday, amid persistent rate hike fears and sustained foreign selling, ahead of the domestic GDP data for the December quarter.

The Nifty 50 index .NSEI fell 0.51% to 17,303.95, while the S&P BSE Sensex .BSESN closed 0.55% lower to 58,962.12. Both benchmarks declined for the eighth consecutive session, with the Nifty 50 falling 4.1% over the period.

Seven of the 13 major sectoral indexes declined with high weightage financials .NIFTYFIN and information technology .NIFTYIT falling 0.07% and 0.85%, respectively.

Auto stocks .NIFTYAUTO bucked the trend, adding nearly 0.5% ahead of the monthly sales numbers, due on Wednesday.

The benchmarks also shed nearly 2% in February, extending their monthly losing streak and ending the month with a red candle for the third time in a row.

On five similar occasions in the past, the Nifty 50 rebounded and logged gains in the next two successive months. "This time it is different," said Neeraj Dewan, director at Quantum Securities.

"The markets may see some buying over the next few sessions after the ongoing sustained selling, but there won't be a clear rebound till we get some respite on the inflation front."

Foreign portfolio investors have so far offloaded 325.18 billion rupees ($3.93 billion) worth of Indian equities in 2023.

"A reality check for markets," said Pramod Gubbi, co-founder of Marcellus Investment Managers, referring to the recent U.S. macroeconomic data. "High interest rates mean the money would rather stay in the U.S. than trickle to emerging markets like India."

Investors now await domestic GDP data for the December quarter, due later in the day, which is expected to show year-on-year growth slowing to 4.6%.

where is adani these days , i read he is no more even 35th rich man of world now ?

where is adani these days , i read he is no more even 35th rich man of world now ?
Yeah @34th

The guy's net worth has plummeted by 3/4th in just 5 weeks from 122B to 33B. Hot damn...

Today Adani shares hit upper circuit. Flagship Adani Enterprises was up 15%, so maybe Gautam Bhai is back in top 30 again.

Member @Imran Khan is a genuinely balanced guy. He doesn't spare any country in his criticisms, including his country, Pakistan. Hence his posts are a treat to read.
No human is free from prejudice. I simply take my own personal call on whether his or her prejudice I can live with ... or not.

Haan thodi bahut khushi milti hai. I agree.
bhut khushi milti hai ager hamsaay ke halat theek hoon to .

Today Adani shares hit upper circuit. Flagship Adani Enterprises was up 15%, so maybe Gautam Bhai is back in top 30 again.
sahi suna iska matlab hai .
Yeah @34th
sala aik report ne itna kuch ker diya . corporate world sucks

The guy's net worth has plummeted by 3/4th in just 5 weeks from 122B to 33B. Hot damn...
It's mostly because a lot of rich people, including Adani have a huge net worth due to their stocks. Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg...etc, so long as their companies are doing well and have high stock prices, their net worth will be in the tens to hundreds of billions.

Of course they can't just sell of the stock either to collect all that money, because then the stock prices would start losing value.

It's mostly because a lot of rich people, including Adani have a huge net worth due to their stocks. Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg...etc, so long as their companies are doing well and have high stock prices, their net worth will be in the tens to hundreds of billions.

Of course they can't just sell of the stock either to collect all that money, because then the stock prices would start losing value.

Well Adani was manipulating his stock on the way up (at least it tooks that way)

Back
Top Bottom