What's new

India, U.S. keen to conclude $3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal

Will your fighters or missiles using GLONASS be able to communicate with your Drones using GPS?

Can we expect more friendly fires?
Yes. India installs own EWS and networking systems to ensure this. One of the mission comupters inside the Su 30, for instance was installed by India for this purpose.

Integrating SATCOMs is not a difficult task as it sounds, but the question here will be does the country has enough low earth orbiting satellites to ensure obstruction free communication during the whole duration.

Yeah but make it more expesive. Drones like the Byraktars have become succesful because of their low cost, people don't realize it's also because they're heavily compromised in some of those capabilties.

Sensor package is key differentiator - the MQ9B is offered with some SAR and Imagery packaging that are unmatched by either Turkish or Chinese products (for now)
I beg to differ.
Wingloong 3 and HALE drones both flying over 60,000ft.

a8674e5bc1394d1280c07578318998b6.jpeg

35i1-fyqwiqi2276561.jpg
6fc9ad34e0c5429aacb79473351806a7.jpeg
6922e97.jpg

And Satcom as well as network capabiities are well above anythig Turkey offers today. I don't think Bhaktiyers even have Satcom. The MQ9B you can fly them 1000s of miles away while burining a tenth of the fuel a recon plane would.
Satcom is available on both turkish and Chinese drones along with networking as well.

I beg to differ.
Wingloong 3 and HALE drones both flying over 60,000ft.

View attachment 914785

View attachment 914786View attachment 914787View attachment 914788
What does altitude have to do with sensors?

Satcom is available on both turkish and Chinese drones along with networking as well.

What does altitude have to do with sensors?

My understanding is that the Byraktar used in Ukraine don't have Satcom and needed line of sight guidance. It is likely that later/other versions did incorporate Satcom.

My understanding is that the Byraktar used in Ukraine don't have Satcom and needed line of sight guidance. It is likely that later/other versions did incorporate Satcom.
That is just one product - dont make me tag a particular Turkish member otherwise this thread will be lost with the entire catalog that will be posted again and again until your eyes burn out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom