What's new

Indian army wants INSAS series of rifles replaced

Lol was meant to happen..Arjunk,LCA,T-72 based APCs....now this....i was sayin this way back and indians were cryin.no we have 1 million in active service,why would we induct them.they are awesome.....Now this..
Looks like i was right:no:
Waste of money and time
Why not just go for the lastest varient of AK series from russia....save the money,time and shame?

the arjun has reached maturity and 250 are goin to enter service compared to 220 of ur "yen aal kh**dhi".............AK are not modualar enough,the pakistan army may settle for substandard equipment(the old g-3) but not the IA...........it needs ultra light ,easy to handle,modular,multicalibre ,all weather weapons.

Lol was meant to happen..Arjunk,LCA,T-72 based APCs....now this....i was sayin this way back and indians were cryin.no we have 1 million in active service,why would we induct them.they are awesome.....Now this..
Looks like i was right
Waste of money and time
Why not just go for the lastest varient of AK series from russia....save the money,time and shame?
Oh my what a waste of time???????? All the things u mentioned are in the phase of induction. Arjun more 126 ordred and work for mark2 started. LCA is ready buddy. INSAS didnt u hear? OMAN has placed a order. We simply need another weapon for the future. That is all.

what is the latest update on insaas derivatives?
4367052237_b5f499d632.jpg

the arjun has reached maturity and 250 are goin to enter service compared to 220 of ur "yen aal kh**dhi".............AK are not modualar enough,the pakistan army may settle for substandard equipment(the old g-3) but not the IA...........it needs ultra light ,easy to handle,modular,multicalibre ,all weather weapons.

hahahahaha you can't even spell Al-Khalid correctly, so how can you say it substandard. Pak Army is satisfied with this beast, not only Pak Army but many other countries are showing interest in this. We have something really exist in full standard, not like your arjun which is still an unreliable. and G-3 lolz buddy you have no idea about this deadly rifle.:sniper::bounce:

Lol was meant to happen.. Arjunk,LCA,T-72 based APCs....now this....i was sayin this way back and indians were cryin.no we have 1 million in active service,why would we induct them.they are awesome.....Now this..
Looks like i was right:no:
Waste of money and time

Its too hard for you to understand. Isn't it? Too much difficult! :lol: Its clear that IA using INSAS rifles for nearly two decades with 1 million INSAS in service. Now we are going for F-INSAS, space based assets, netcentric capabilities, next generation tanks, directed energy weapons, BMD etc..... now why they will not want to replace the classic INSAS? Isn't it very normal? :taz:

"Arjunk"? Hard to digest that India developed one of te best tank in the world. :azn:

You failed to mention which 'T-72 based APC'!!! What it is called BS? or just simple lie?

LCA is the best fighter aircraft developed out side America and Europe. Thats the fact. But some people can take it.

After replacing from the Army in next decade INSAS rifles will still be the mainstay of para-military forces.

Last edited:
Its too hard for you to understand. Isn't it? Too much difficult! :lol: Its clear that IA using INSAS rifles for nearly two decades with 1 million INSAS in service. Now we are going for F-INSAS, space based assets, netcentric capabilities, next generation tanks, directed energy weapons, BMD etc..... now why they will not want to replace the classic INSAS? Isn't it very normal? :taz:

"Arjunk"? Hard to digest that India developed one of te best tank in the world. :azn:

You failed to mention which 'T-72 based APC'!!! What it is called BS? or just simple lie?

LCA is the best fighter aircraft developed out side America and Europe. Thats the fact. But some people can take it.

After replacing from the Army in next decade INSAS rifles will still be the mainstay of para-military forces.

ya really hard to digest

India's Arjun Tank Disaster
IndiaDaily - Failure of Arjun Tank is an example of failed Indian technocrats running after quick money American body shop contracts

there are many other links...do you want more.

hahahahaha you can't even spell Al-Khalid correctly, so how can you say it substandard. Pak Army is satisfied with this beast,

Similarly Indian Army is satisfiesd with this beast.and btw do u have any choices if the army is not satisfied..?

not only Pak Army but many other countries are showing interest in this.

How many countries have ordered it..?
and by ur same logic Oman military has bought INSAS rifles .So dont u think they r just great..?

We have something really exist in full standard, not like your arjun which is still an unreliable. and G-3 lolz buddy you have no idea about this deadly rifle.:sniper::bounce:

Oh we have more than just an idea...;)

wont take ur head out of the sand..huh..?

Did u see the date of thr strategy page article...2005!!!
No body denied that there were problems in Arjun...but all have been rectified and we r now left with one hell of a beast.

hahaha now let me debunk ur claim....go thru the article..it is the latest ones at Mar 2010.

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

Now this is a discussion in our very own PDF:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/51822-arjun-tank-outruns-outguns-russian-t-90-a-7.html

Still want more links..?

And btw how many of ur much vaunted Al Khalids are in service..?

Similarly Indian Army is satisfiesd with this beast.and btw do u have any choices if the army is not satisfied..?

How many countries have ordered it..?
and by ur same logic Oman military has bought INSAS rifles .So dont u think they r just great..?

Oh we have more than just an idea...;)

wont take ur head out of the sand..huh..?

Did u see the date of thr strategy page article...2005!!!
No body denied that there were problems in Arjun...but all have been rectified and we r now left with one hell of a beast.

hahaha now let me debunk ur claim....go thru the article..it is the latest ones at Mar 2010.

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

Now this is a discussion in our very own PDF:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/51822-arjun-tank-outruns-outguns-russian-t-90-a-7.html

Still want more links..?

And btw how many of ur much vaunted Al Khalids are in service..?

i am not talking against insas or whatever it is, i am just correcting you on Al-Khalid. and no. of this beast is still greater then yours. so chill. :coffee:

A strategy page article and an editorial from 2008. :lol:

Find me something in 2010 ,
after the March trials if you can.

Some can't digest reality.
PIB Press Release

Press Information Bureau
Government of India

Ministry of Defence

ARMY DECIDES TO TAKE 124 MORE MBT ARJUN

12:55 IST

The Army has decided to place fresh order for an additional home-built 124 Main Battle Tank (MBT) Arjun. This is over and above the existing order of 124 tanks. The development follows the success of the indigenous MBT Arjun in the recent gruelling desert trials.

The project for the design and development of the MBT Arjun was approved by the Government in 1974 with an aim to give the required indigenous cutting edge to our Mechanised Forces. After many years of trial and tribulation it has now proved its worth by its superb performance under various circumstances, such as driving cross-country over rugged sand dunes, detecting, observing and quickly engaging targets, accurately hitting targets – both stationary and moving, with pin pointed accuracy. Its superior fire-power is based on accurate and quick target acquisition capability during day and night in all types of weather and shortest possible reaction time during combat engagements.

Sitanshu Kar / RAJ

i am not talking against insas or whatever it is, i am just correcting you on Al-Khalid. and no. of this beast is still greater then yours. so chill. :coffee:

Thats y i asked...hw much AK u have in service..?

1000,2000..???

No rite...it was abt 300 or something as per the latest estimates...

If it was so sucessful,invincible why induct only 300...?? or am i missing something..?

INSAS MK-1 , was always meant to be replaced.

PIB Press Release
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Ministry of Defence

F-INSAS Project of Army
17:34 IST
/RAJYA SABHA/

The Qualitative Requirements for Futuristic Infantry Soldier-As-A-System (F-INSAS) is being finalized together by the developer and army, indentifying critical technologies requirements. Out of five major technologies for the futuristic soldiers, the following two have been projectised in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

(i) Design and development of Muti-Calibre Individual Weapon System.

(ii) Design and development of Air Bursting Grenade for Individual Weapon.

Integrated Management System with Public-Private-Partnership is contemplated in order to produce cost-effective system in large quantity.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari and Shri Prabhat Jha in Rajya Sabha today.

Samir/SK

PIB Press Release

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Ministry of Defence

DEFENCE IMPORTS AFFECTS NATIONAL SECURITY, FOREIGN POLICY: PALLAM RAJU

17:34 IST

Following is the text of the inaugural address delivered by the Minister of State for Defence Dr. MM Pallam Raju to the Seminar on ‘The Indian Army : Next Generation Systems, An Evolution’, organised by the PHD Chamber at DefExpo – 2010, here today:-

There are number of high tech systems which the Indian Land Forces require to fight the future battles. There is a requirement to upgrade the Infantry soldiers into a systems i.e. F-INSAS (Future Infantry Soldiers as system) which will include latest Assaults rifles, Head up display helmets, bullet proof jackets, Boot Anti Mine etc for which the procurement process has already commenced. In the field of Artillery the future calibres of gun will be 155 mm / 52” calibre. The plans are already underway to procure the Towed Ultra Light Howitzer Self Propelled Track & Wheeled and Mounted Gun System. The Rocket System SMERCH and PINAKA has already been introduced into the service.

Arjun and T-90 tanks have been inducted into the service and production within the country as already commenced. The upgradation or older version tanks (T-72) is already underway with the collaboration of Private Industry

__________________________________________________ ________________\

Carbine

dsc00448s.jpg

Grenade launcher for INSAS MK-1,

dscn1578p.jpg

Some F-INSAS systems on display at defence expo 2010.

keep i mind these are nor DRDO's own systems but a pitch made by a private sector company for upgrading the Infantry.

dsc00316l.jpg

DRDO it self is much further ahead, having been working on the project since 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indiadeaily... the same daily always posts about UFO, ET, and unnatural science and strategypage.......... worse than Indiadaily.

Bias needs bias sources. :lol: Get rid of Arjun and India... get a life dude. Arjun is the best tank in the region and 248 taks ordered while nearly 74 inducted. Keep yourself up-to-date, don't become laugh with three/four years old 'articles'. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom