What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
LOL Dillinger you appear to be quite naive about how the congress controls the media in India. :lol:

@arp2041 @Ayush @samantk @KRAIT @Koovie @kurup

wtf!

I tried to post the following comment in response to a comment by another fellow that upon hearing the news about Tytler there would be some people who would also demand Modi's resignation :-

"There are some who are so inundated by false equivalency that they will try. Let us not forget that Modi was scrutinized by the SIT, a task force appointed by the Union government itself- the same government which despises Modi with such passion, and yet the SIT found that Modi was reasonably not guilty at least according to the evidence at hand. It is facetious and moreover deliberately malignant to equate Modi with Ttyler, Tytler being the person who was exonerated by the CBI due to the largess of the Congress towards its own. Perhaps Modi is guilty but he underwent intense scrutiny whereas Tytler was shielded, at the least he needs to be tried even if the powers that be may eventually save him."

TOI barred me from posting it citing that it involved INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT, yaaron ek bar copy karke TOI ke comments section me post karke dekho and see if you guys get the same result.

give me thw toi link. ..

Last edited by a moderator:
give me thw toi link. ..

Upar de diya link yaara, while replying to godofwar.

LOL Dillinger you appear to be quite naive about how the congress controls the media in India. :lol:

Ye kya bakwas hai, yesterday only I was criticizing:D their darling Prince with some choice words and that too on TOI only, tab toh nahi roka?

Upar de diya link yaara, while replying to godofwar.

Ye kya bakwas hai, yesterday only I was criticizing:D their darling Prince with some choice words and that too on TOI only, tab toh nahi roka?

some malhar has done it yaar...

@Dillinger @Ayush TIME PASS mat karo, uske liye Naswaristan hai na.......

Post something Eye-opening, Mind-Boggling or Modi-Electing Pls :D

Oye teri! Ek off topic post aur tu toh chadh hi jata hai bas! :angry:

muzloomon pe vaar na kar zalim!!
@arp2041 Waise what happened to the objection on your thread on Hype's wedding? Reply aane waala tha, aya kya?

to @Dillinger nikla duniya ko theek karne :lol:

Nice thing you got it no matter what, I suspect there must be some hidden code with your message which alerted ToI that it was BJP infested :lol:

to @Dillinger nikla duniya ko theek karne :lol:

Nice thing you got it no matter what, I suspect there must be some hidden code with your message which alerted ToI that it was BJP infested :lol:

LOL, Think they've got surveillance on me? Oh man I hope they don't think I am some hardcore albeit VHP nut, if they do then boy are they in for a surprise. :enjoy:

I'm only suggesting a possibility , certainly not making a statement that it is how it will pan out. I believe that whoever forms the next government will be sorely constrained on making important breakthroughs on the domestic front and that might play badly with Mr.Modi's supporters when you consider how the image has been sold. That explains where I went with the last post. I'm quite willing to concede that governance might be quite different from politics & Mr. Modi might prove very astute. That fear that I expressed is not an overriding one but a nagging one. I would be very happy to be proven wrong on this one.

True, we never know what will happen but we can only guess based on the current circumstances. But on a very simple and basic overview of things, it seems UPA 1 was dedicated to engineering the scams and UPA 2 for covering them up.

Note: I posted here so that I cannot be held for being off topic by the members who I hold in very high esteem.

Rajnath Singh is not someone I rate very high. In any case, apart from Modi, who do you think will be running the central government? Confidence in the abilities of the present generation of front line BJP politicians is hardly inspiring.

the bjp has as much talented leaders as the congress.....

and the fact is how the team performs is always largely dependent on the leaders.....if there is a wonderful team led by a nincompoop and an average team led by a wonderful leader, on a head to head efficiency comparison, 8 out of 10 times it is the latter that is going to come out good.......its the same as the saying.....an army of sheep led by a lion is preferable to an army of lion led by a sheep.......and to think of it....the bkp leadership are not exactly sheep....or the congress second tier exactly lions.......

I'm not sure that the NDA is necessarily the lesser evil.

ofcourse it is......a one on one comparison between the perfomance of the NDA regime to the UPA regime will lay bare that fact.....

I have reservations about the economic policies, especially with the way the BJP has opposed the UPA policies including FDI in retail, I have issues with their stance on the Nuke deal and I certainly have grave reservations about any religion driven antics, either on the Ram Temple or any other.

lets be honest......100% fdi is not going to benefit a developing country like india where a certain percentage of state overseeing is always necessary so that we are not exploited or our local businesses are not hurt......being protectionist is not wrong.....nor I agree with the congress line of thinking that fdi (in local retail) is the holy grail to solve all the problems....and bjp is not opposed to FDI perse....its FDI in retail they are opposed to......even as recently as two days back modi advocated more fdi in defence....so even though the bjp opposition to fdi in retail may be due to their baniya vote bank....i feel , for different reasons, that it is nor that bad.....

nuke deal...i think they were no opposed perse to the deal as the left was...but to certain specific clauses....im not well versed in the bjp position on nuke deal..so i'lll leave it at that....

regarding mandir issue....lets face it...the matter is subjudice....the agenda is so low on the priority list in NDA....anyone raking that as a reason as to not to vote for bjp is only being facetitious.....and its not that congress is no prone to religious antics...infact they have done more antics on that than anyone else.....it was rajiv who actually opened the locks of ayodhya.....

However the most important factor that I would have to consider is whether the BJP has any real chance of forming the government with the NDA given its present position. Contrary to what a lot of you think, the BJP is extremely poorly placed to win any general elections. Simple arithmetic calculations of the seats will make that apparent. My biggest worry is that of both the BJP & the Congress doing poorly (extremely likely) and some hotchpotch 3rd front government being formed. That will be a disaster of epic proportions.

I have asked before & I will ask again. How does the BJP get to the magic figure? I simply see no way. Whether or not the BJP gets my vote, they will lose Karnataka badly in the LS elections & that loss will pretty much offset any gains they make elsewhere. If they do form a minority government with the help of allies like Jayalalitha, Mamata & Mayawati (and they will need all three), then only the hopelessly optimistic will imagine that Modi or anyone else will be in a position to do anything.

see now this is an entirely different topic.....you have moved from why you will not vote for bjp to the general condition of the political landscape.......if everyone thinks, ok...i gave the upa a chance, nay two chances and they have messed up.....so let me give the nda a chance this time...then automatically the reality as you said changes...you are just advocating the status quoist, defeatist attitude that makes many people even not go out to vote...what will my one vote do...everything starts with your one vote only...on the contrary, if everyone thinks...ok i have one vote and i will use that...then automatically the chain reaction starts......

ofcourse it is......a one on one comparison between the perfomance of the NDA regime to the UPA regime will lay bare that fact.....

Not really even though the NDA did much of the hard work that resulted in slightly better times for the UPA. However credit is due to UPA 1 for doing a more than decent job. They were re-elected after all.

lets be honest......100% fdi is not going to benefit a developing country like india where a certain percentage of state overseeing is always necessary so that we are not exploited or our local businesses are not hurt......being protectionist is not wrong.....nor I agree with the congress line of thinking that fdi (in local retail) is the holy grail to solve all the problems....and bjp is not opposed to FDI perse....its FDI in retail they are opposed to......even as recently as two days back modi advocated more fdi in defence....so even though the bjp opposition to fdi in retail may be due to their baniya vote bank....i feel , for different reasons, that it is nor that bad.....

I saw Modi's comments on FDI in defence, it was quite blurry & not very clear. However FDI in retail is not the issue specifically, it was the other poster suggesting that only the Congress opposes, for political reasons, issues of national importance. I pointed out the Nuke deal, GST & retail FDI as examples where BJP puts politics above national interest. Individual cases of opposition does not bother me, it is when the opposition changes depending on where you sit that does.

nuke deal...i think they were no opposed perse to the deal as the left was...but to certain specific clauses....im not well versed in the bjp position on nuke deal..so i'lll leave it at that....

I'm pretty clear that the BJP's opposition to the deal was rooted only in preventing credit going to the UPA, otherwise what did the BJP have in common with the left? There are no clauses that were unworkable, especially when you realise that the NDA government made a diplomatic promise (out of courtesy to clinton during the last few months of his presidency) committing itself to a nuke test ban even if the CTBT never came to force. You would also see that the BJP was agreeable to sign the CTBT and worked in parliament to try & get consensus & it was Sonia Gandhi's opposition that finally scuttled that idea (Talbott -"Engaging India")

regarding mandir issue....lets face it...the matter is subjudice....the agenda is so low on the priority list in NDA....anyone raking that as a reason as to not to vote for bjp is only being facetitious.....and its not that congress is no prone to religious antics...infact they have done more antics on that than anyone else.....it was rajiv who actually opened the locks of ayodhya.....

It is not specifically the Mandir issue. Living in Karnataka during 5 years of the BJP government (one I voted for) gives you a different perspective on moral/religious policing & the goondaism that follows from it. It is not coincidental that the Sree Ram Sene came out of the blue & started beating up women, the nature of the administration helps (incidentally the Muthalik chap was trying for a BJP ticket). The Congress is by no means innocent but the BJP harbours within its rank, nutters who seem barely under the control of the leadership. The BJP has shown no real guts to take them on.

see now this is an entirely different topic.....you have moved from why you will not vote for bjp to the general condition of the political landscape.......if everyone thinks, ok...i gave the upa a chance, nay two chances and they have messed up.....so let me give the nda a chance this time...then automatically the reality as you said changes...you are just advocating the status quoist, defeatist attitude that makes many people even not go out to vote...what will my one vote do...everything starts with your one vote only...on the contrary, if everyone thinks...ok i have one vote and i will use that...then automatically the chain reaction starts......

I have nowhere said that I will not vote for the BJP in national elections, I remain undecided. However the political landscape is not unimportant, I fear a hotchpotch government in the centre more than I do anything else. That(the landscape) is unlikely to wholly define my voting pattern but remains a consideration, even if only academic.

Nobody gives anyone a chance like you suggest. National elections have for long been an aggregate of state elections & nothing more. Had that not been the case, regional parties would have no role in national elections and the two main national parties would be involved in a straight fight. We know it does not work like that, so little point in behaving as if it does. Modi would probably easily win a presidential type of election, parliamentary elections with the kind of polity that exists presently is a completely different matter. One has to be completely divorced from the realities of present day politics to believe anything else.

Back
Top Bottom