What's new

Indian IT firms employ over 1 lakh in US: Report

Who cares what you believe ? In forums ideas and statements have to stand alone.

I looked at your link.

So what successful major US corporation has an Indian founded recently?? Google wasn't founded by Indians. Bose-Sun we already talked about. Pretty unimpressive list given the amount of Indian bragging.

There is no bragging. You have an Indian phobia and a decent education is the only answer.

I don't have the time personally but we can arrange some math tuition from India. I promise you a good discount if you promise to work hard.

Vinod, let's play a simple US diaspora fill in the blank game. We have to play for the US, any other country you would get killed.

Give me the US Indian founder equivalent for:

Computer Associates
Yahoo
Nvidia
YouTube
Vera Wang

They will come. There is a time and place for everything.

Will appreciate your patience. ;)

Fine, you play the US diaspora game too.

Fill in the blank.

Err what....?

FORBES

:lol:

No phobias here mate. Just tired of the Indian misinformation campaigns.

There is no bragging??????

There is no group of people who brag more. The Brag/Achievement ratio is off the chart for Indians.

There is no bragging. You have an Indian phobia and a decent education is the only answer.

I don't have the time personally but we can arrange some math tuition from India. I promise you a good discount if you promise to work hard.

They will come. There is a time and place for everything.

Will appreciate your patience. ;)

See the diaspora game. Fill in the blank instead of attacking me.

you are comparing big companies with small companies..
forbes article clearly says that Indians have started more companies than chinese,japanese,taiwanese together..
it does not talk about if these companies are huge like youtube,nvidia...
but it clearly states that>>
Companies started by Indians >>>> companies started by chinese+japnese+taiwanese

True, but don't small companies become big companies?? Linksys was husband and wife.

Don't Indians take as a given that you are naturally gifted entrepreneurs??

Don't you believe Indian Entrepreneurship >>> Chinese Entrepreneurship.

So the fill in the blank should easy, no??

No hate, just facts.

you are comparing big companies with small companies..
forbes article clearly says that Indians have started more companies than chinese,japanese,taiwanese together..
it does not talk about if these companies are huge like youtube,nvidia...
but it clearly states that>>
Companies started by Indians >>>> companies started by chinese+japnese+taiwanese

True, but don't small companies become big companies?? Linksys was husband and wife.

Don't Indians take as a given that you are naturally gifted entrepreneurs??

Don't you believe Indian Entrepreneurship >>> Chinese Entrepreneurship.

So the fill in the blank should easy, no??

No hate, just facts.

I think it does not depend on nationality as all those indians and chinese in usa are not like proper indians and chinese...they have been educated in america...so i will say education i USA makes you a good entrepreneur....but that also does not mean that you have to be educated in USA to do so cause there are many Indians who are starting new businesses in India every year...

Once again, if someone said, "Company X employs 100,000 people in India", would your first thought be that they are 100,000 Indian nationals or 70,000 foreign workers and 30,000 Indians?

If you're honestly going to tell me that the statement is not deliberately worded to convey the first message, then no comment.

Given the perception that Indian companies are stealing jobs from Americans, the NASSCOM statement is even more disingenuous since they seem to be saying, "no, no, we employ 100,000 people in the US".

Given that India does not encourage Foreign worker program, the 2 situations are not comparable. And what I fail to understand is why you would consider the 6 lakh strong force of foreign workers in USA as someone different from rest of the US work force. I hope you do know that if an employer rejects a candidate because he has an H1 status and not a PR status, he is liable to be sued.. Its only you who is making that distinction.. Companies in the USA are not allowed to do that..

And about stealing jobs, I have already shown you that despite having 70,000 Non US residents (a lot of them may already be in the US job market before they got hired here), Indian companies are still resulting in net addition of jobs in the US plus contribute in excess of 3 billion dollars per annum in taxes.. Take it as you may...

I don't disagree with you here.

But remember, one of the bedrock arguments for why India will blow past China eventually is Indian entrepreneurship in the US.

I've heard journalists and Indians use it countless times. Can we now question that silly argument.

I think it does not depend on nationality as all those indians and chinese in usa are not like proper indians and chinese...they have been educated in america...so i will say education i USA makes you a good entrepreneur....but that also does not mean that you have to be educated in USA to do so cause there are many Indians who are starting new businesses in India every year...

Fine, you play the US diaspora game too. See post #215.

Fill in the blank.

And why should I play your dumb games?

UC-Berkeley saying something is enough to convince me or any other rational person to the power of Indians, your challenges are as moronic as claims of Chinese outdoing Indians.

Some more facts for you...this is BW top 25 entrepreneurs 2009 survey, 3 Indians, Chinese...0

2009 Finalists: America's Best Young Entrepreneurs: Twenty-Five U.S. Entrepreneurs Ages 25 and Under - BusinessWeek

Wonder what happens to Chinese entrepreneurship when it comes to opening businesses in China.

Food for thought, the 5 biggest banks in China are all state owned.

Similar is the condition of telecom in China.

...ohh and let's talk of the perfect chinese models of entrepreneurship.

Sina Weibo, Beidu and Youku - Copies of twitter, Google and YouTube because the chinese govt. doesn't think that its subjects are fit enough to use the originals.

What perfect models of Chinese entrepreneurship!

:lol::lol::lol:

You don't because you can't.

Business success is determined by the marketplace and P/L, not silly business mags Indians mentally masturbate to.

And why should I play your dumb games?

UC-Berkeley saying something is enough to convince me or any other rational person to the power of Indians, your challenges are as moronic as claims of Chinese outdoing Indians.

Some more reality for you...this is BW top 25 entrepreneurs 2009 survey, 3 Indians, Chinese...0

2009 Finalists: America's Best Young Entrepreneurs: Twenty-Five U.S. Entrepreneurs Ages 25 and Under - BusinessWeek

I don't disagree with you here.

But remember, one of the bedrock arguments for why India will blow past China eventually is Indian entrepreneurship in the US.

I've heard journalists and Indians use it countless times. Can we now question that silly argument.

if the number of companies started by indians is more than those started by chinese then it will benefit india for sure...more and more companies(even those who were not started by indians) are opening there technology centers in India...
company i work in currently has been started by an Indian in USA and has presence in 4 indian cities with more than 8 campuses and employees more than 1000 people...

We are talking about the Chinese and Indian diaspora in the US.

Still, those Chinese banks and Internet companies are 10x more successful/profitable than Indian companies.

Baidu totally ate Google's lunch in China.

Wonder what happens to Chinese entrepreneurship when it comes to opening businesses in China.

Food for thought, the 5 biggest banks in China are all state owned.

Similar is the condition of telecom in China.

...ohh and let's talk of the perfect chinese models of entrepreneurship.

Sina Weibo, Beidu and Youku - Copies of twitter, Google and YouTube because the chinese govt. doesn't think that its subjects are fit enough to use the originals.

What perfect models of Chinese entrepreneurship!

:lol::lol::lol:

renren.com - The Chinese Facebook!

weibo.com - The Chinese Twitter!

youku.com - The Chinese YouTube!

baidu.com - The Chinese Google!

^^ Perfect models of Chinese entrepreneurship!
:lol:

We are talking about the Chinese and Indian diaspora in the US.

The Indian and Chinese diaspora in the US are American Chinese and American Indians.

It's high time we stopped usurping their successes for ours.

Besides, why should we play it your way.

The thread was never about China in the first place.

Neither was it about the Indian or Chinese companies in America.

The thread was about Indian companies in India which have opened shop in America.

Back
Top Bottom