What's new

Indian Navy commandos to get Israeli rifles

You Indians really seem to have a strong affinity for Israeli weapons, don't you? I can understand the reasons behind it. They are much more cost effective and yet cutting edge than European weapons in general.

You Indians really seem to have a strong affinity for Israeli weapons, don't you? I can understand the reasons behind it. They are much more cost effective and yet cutting edge than European weapons in general.

German guns are $$ plus Israel is expert in counter terror they have the right guns that we need.

corner-gun-431x300.jpg

I only wish we had this gun on 26/11 to kill those cowards

German guns are $$ plus Israel is expert in counter terror they have the right guns that we need.

corner-gun-431x300.jpg

Well yes certainly. Although I could argue my case for our SIG SG 550. They would be more effective in standard versions for your regular troops as for your special forces, the more compact SG 552 Commando is a viable option. Both are excellent weapons and I tell this from personal experience. :)

Israelis are quite innovative and naturally have to be due to their rather volatile neighbourhood.

Thats because Israeli weapons are designed for urban warfare , close combat ....all scenarios which our special forces are trained to operate in . Hence the effectiveness and familiarity with time . Also supplies are easily available .

Speaking to a special force operative myself , I learned that India decided to upgrade several of their existing assault rifles with Israeli help. Vintage Kalasnikovs for instance can be upgraded to reduce recoil time and effect, to dramatically increase firing efficiency. Such upgrades were very effective and eagerly sought after and eventually Uzi's , Tavors , Galils - other weapons were acquired . Sometimes we customized firearms to our specifications too like the Zitara ( Micro Tavor in a bullpup config )...

Well yes certainly. Although I could argue my case for our SIG SG 550. They would be more effective in standard versions for your regular troops as for your special forces, the more compact SG 552 Commando is a viable option. Both are excellent weapons and I tell this from personal experience. :)

Israelis are quite innovative and naturally have to be due to their rather volatile neighbourhood.

Users

Swiss Grenadier carrying a Stgw 90 whilst taking part in the Swiss raid commando 2007 competition.
Brazil: Uses the SG 550 and SG 551 variants.[8]
France: The SG 551 and SG 551 LB carbines are used by some specialized units of the French Army.[9]
Germany: The German Federal Police's counter-terrorism unit GSG 9 and the Spezialeinsatzkommando groups of some state police forces employ the SG 551 and SG 551 LB carbines in a variety of roles under the designation G37.[10]
India: Used by the National Security Guard (NSG).[11]
Indonesia: SG 550 and SG 552 variants are used by the Komando Pasukan Katak (Kopaska) tactical diver group and Komando Pasukan Khusus (Kopassus) special forces group.[12]
Malaysia: The Royal Malaysian Air Force's counter-terrorism unit PASKAU employ the SG 552 and SG 553 LB/SB carbines.[13][14]
Slovakia: The Slovak Police Útvar Osobitného Určenia ("special assignments unit") utilizes the SG 551 SWAT carbine.[15]
Spain: National police GEO special operations group uses both the SG 551 SWAT and SG 552.[16][17]
Switzerland: The SG 550 is the standard service rifle of the Swiss Armed Forces.[18]
United States: Used by some federal agencies such as the Drug Enforcement Administration (SG 551).[

Seems you think along the same lines as the NSG. Which is odd because i waould have never considered this rifle maybe the M4 or G36 but not this?

Seems you think along the same lines as the NSG. Which is odd because i waould have never considered this rifle maybe the M4 or G36 but not this?

Why not?What's wrong with it?It's just that it's not got ambidextrous charging handle like the G36 but it is reliable and accurate.The M4 has more after market accessories available but isn't even as close as reliable as the SG 550 or the G36 and also has odd positioning of the charging handle.

The true British Commandos have only been around from the 1940-1946 but I have no idea about now, the S.A.S are all rounders if you get what I mean and to be accurate the best trained and the best special forces in the world. :cheers:

well, I have no doubt in that. . . . S.A.S is considered a role model for other special operations forces in the world. . :tup:

corner-gun-431x300.jpg

Israelis are good at Urban Warfare. That is why they need these guns and are good at A.T operations.

@Parashuram1: Since you are Swiss I believe you can help in giving some info about the SG 750 what all variants does it have besides the 16" barreled Long Barrel variant and 12" Barreled Short Barrel variants.Also is the 3 round option present in it?Is B+T also working on a same weapon I believe?Generally how was your experience with the Stg 90?And how would you compare it with the G36?

it was well known once the tavor became a hit with the para's the marcos would go for it sooner or later.

now for the people asking about zittara,the original IMI tavor has two variants the 5.56 tavor assault rifle and the 9mm Micro tavor for CQB

zittara is actually made for the role of CQB , differnces are that zittara has 5.56 x 30 mm MINSAS round which is indigenous and also the round for the MSMC while MTAR uses 9 x 19 mm parabellum the MP-5 round.till now i have heard and seen para's use the 5.56 x 45 NATO version(imported one).

Back
Top Bottom