What's new

Indonesian defense equipment and arms exports

PNG seeks to resurrect languishing CN-235 transports​

12th December 2022 - 22:12 GMT | by Ben Felton in Canberra

e795973416802b45abc3b43f58b5aac3.jpg

This is one of the Papua New Guinea Defence Force’s CN-235s that is urgently in need of refurbishment. (Photo: PNG Air Transport Wing via Facebook)

The refurbishment of two CN-235 transport aircraft, if it can go ahead, would greatly boost the airlift capacity of PNG's military.

In 2023, Papua New Guinea (PNG) will attempt to restore its two CN-235M-100 airlifters to operational status, after years of disrepair and neglect.

As part of the country’s 2023 national budget, $5 million has been allocated to restore them, after years of similar efforts failed to draw full resourcing.

The PNG Defence Force (PNGDF) originally procured both aircraft in the early 1990s from Indonesian Aerospace, in a bid to enhance its transport capability in a country where airlift is king due to an underdeveloped road network and remote inland areas.

List of defense equipment exports from Indonesia (SIPRI)

FsDGFS9aAAA6IVO

AlhamduliLLAH, the contract is finally signed for new 6 NC212i planes.

--------------------------------

Philippines (13/04), located at the Department of National Defense (DND) office, Quezon City, Philippines, PTDI and DND Philippines signed a contract to supply 6 (six) NC212i aircraft and their spare parts, which will then be operated by the Philippines Air Force .

PT PAL Begins Construction Of The Philippine Navy’s LPD​

Indonesian shipbuilder PT PAL cuts the first steel of the Landing Platform Dock (LPD) for the Philippine Navy with a ceremony in Surabaya on August 10, 2023.​

Naval News Staff 10 Aug 2023

1691673232708.png

PT PAL press release

As a national shipping industry, PT PAL Indonesia for the second time takes an important role in security in the ASEAN Region. This was marked by the first steel cutting in the construction of the first Landing Dock ship, as part of the export of two warships for the second time for the Philippine Navy. This event also marked the start of the fabrication process for the construction of the Landing Dock Philippines ship.

AlhamduliLLAH, the contract is finally signed for new 6 NC212i planes.

--------------------------------

Philippines (13/04), located at the Department of National Defense (DND) office, Quezon City, Philippines, PTDI and DND Philippines signed a contract to supply 6 (six) NC212i aircraft and their spare parts, which will then be operated by the Philippines Air Force .

The contract is around 79 million USD. Indonesian Aerospace has already gotten the money. The transaction is helped by loan from Indonesian financial institution. Philippine then will do yearly payment to Indonesian Financial institution plus some interest.

https://www.indonesian-aerospace.co...n+79+juta+dolar+as+ke+pt+dirgantara+indonesia

Back
Top Bottom