Luftwaffe

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Infomatrix Competition: Gold medals and greenhouses

539313-WaleedBashir-1366666443-438-640x480.JPG

QUETTA:

If you ever wanted a greenhouse that can literally run on remote control, then you need to talk to Waleed Bashir.

Hailing from Khuzdar, this 15 year old Pakistani recently bagged the Grand Winner position, along with a gold medal, at the International Infomatrix Asia Computer Competition, held between April 18 and 21 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.

Infomatrix is an annual international computer project competition which aims at bringing together computer science students from across Asia. Although the Infomatrix competitions have been held since 2003, this was the first International Computer Project Olympiad.

This means that Bashir beat out competitors and projects from over 20 countries. Participating nations included Russia, India, Bangladesh, Georgia, Bosnia, Ukraine, Kyrghzstan, Azerbaijan, and Kenya, and judges had to choose between hundreds of projects. They chose Bashir’s ‘Green Automation’ project .

Bashir, a ninth grader at the Quetta chapter of Pakturk International Schools & Colleges, designed an automation system that illustrates how to control a greenhouse with only a computer and an internet connection. With heat, water level, humidity and other factors controlled through strategically installed sensors, there is virtually no need for human attendants,.

That’s not all; the energy required for the functioning of the system is provided by movable solar panels that follow the position of the sun for the best possible energy recovery.

“The honor and the pride belong to my country, Pakistan. They belong to my school and teacher, and to my parents,” he said. “Carrying our flag on an international platform, with dignity and honour, was my dream,” he said.

In addition to this, students from Pakturk schools across the country hold countless awards. Through many international competitions held in 2012, the Quetta chapter of the same institution won a gold medal in Turkmenistan and a silver medal in Turkey.

Infomatrix Competition: Gold medals and greenhouses – The Express Tribune

Infomatrix Competition: Gold medals and greenhouses

By Our Correspondent

Published: April 23, 2013

539313-WaleedBashir-1366666443-438-640x480.JPG

15-years old Quetta student’s project beats out competitors from 20 countries.

QUETTA:
If you ever wanted a greenhouse that can literally run on remote control, then you need to talk to Waleed Bashir.

Hailing from Khuzdar-Balochistan, this 15 year old Pakistani recently bagged the Grand Winner position, along with a gold medal, at the International Infomatrix Asia Computer Competition, held between April 18 and 21 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.

Infomatrix is an annual international computer project competition which aims at bringing together computer science students from across Asia. Although the Infomatrix competitions have been held since 2003, this was the first International Computer Project Olympiad.

This means that Bashir beat out competitors and projects from over 20 countries. Participating nations included Russia, India, Bangladesh, Georgia, Bosnia, Ukraine, Kyrghzstan, Azerbaijan, and Kenya, and judges had to choose between hundreds of projects. They chose Bashir’s ‘Green Automation’ project .

Bashir, a ninth grader at the Quetta chapter of Pakturk International Schools & Colleges, designed an automation system that illustrates how to control a greenhouse with only a computer and an internet connection. With heat, water level, humidity and other factors controlled through strategically installed sensors, there is virtually no need for human attendants,.

That’s not all; the energy required for the functioning of the system is provided by movable solar panels that follow the position of the sun for the best possible energy recovery.

“The honor and the pride belong to my country, Pakistan:pakistan:. They belong to my school and teacher, and to my parents,” he said. “Carrying our flag on an international platform, with dignity and honour, was my dream,” he said.

In addition to this, students from Pakturk schools across the country hold countless awards. Through many international competitions held in 2012, the Quetta chapter of the same institution won a gold medal in Turkmenistan and a silver medal in Turkey.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 23rd, 2013.

Infomatrix Competition: Gold medals and greenhouses – The Express Tribune

@American Pakistani, did you check it in Science & Technology Section, it is posted 3 days ago, please don't post a Thread when it is already posted when opening a Thread of similar Title the database automatically fetches the Title that the Thread is present yet you posted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@American Pakistani, did you check it in Science & Technology Section, it is posted 3 days ago, please don't post a Thread when it is already posted when opening a Thread of similar Title the database automatically fetches the Title that the Thread is present yet you posted it.

Hmmm i hope mods delete the thread or merge with the thread posted first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the boy. Well done!

However, It must be pointed out that India was not represented in this competition. This was a local chapter of the infomatrix competition. The finals is in next month. Pak media obsession is funny!

The number of competitors was more than 130, from 13 countries (Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Somali, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine), who presented their new ideas and innovations on 4 different fields of computer technologies: Programming, Computer Art and Design, Hardware control, and Short Movie.
About Infomatrix

14info.jpg

Back
Top Bottom