What's new

Iran to Rank 1st in Science, Technology by 2025

Reaction score
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Deputy Science, Research and Technology Minister Seyed Javad Sadatinejad boasted the country's astonishing progress in science and technology, and said Iran will stand first in the region in terms of science and technology by 2025.

"Given the efforts made by the Islamic Iran's youths, we will rank first in the region in science and technology before 2025," Sadatinejad said on Sunday.

He reiterated that Iran at present ranks first in the region and ranks 12th in the world in nanotechnology, which shows the country's good status in producing science and technology which is the result of the efforts made by the Iranian scientists and researchers, specially the university students.

Iran has taken wide strides in science and technology, particularly in medical and medicinal fields, in recent years.

In a landmark pharmaceutical progress, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) announced in January that Iranian scientists have managed to synthesize two new types of radiomedicines to treat malignant types of cancer.

"The Iranian scientists and researchers of the AEOI's Nuclear Science and Technology Research Center succeeded in producing two new radiomedicines for the first time to cure malignant cancers," AEOI Spokesman Hamid Khadem Qaemi said at the time.

He named the radiomedicines as Lutetium-177 Phosponate (EDTMP) for bone pain palliation in metastatic prostate cancer and Iodine 131 Chlorotoxin to treat malignant glioma.

Also, Iran in December unveiled five different radiomedicine projects with applications for diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a number of diseases.

In September, Iran announced that it plans to synthesize 20 kinds of radiomedicine inside the country, stressing that its scientists are capable of supplying the 20%-enriched uranium needed for the production of such drugs.

"Iran has gained the necessary preparedness to produce 20 radiomedicines and we will provide the 20% (enriched) fuel needed for the production of these medicines this year," Deputy Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) for Planning, International and Parliamentary Affairs Massoud Akhavan-Fard told FNA in September.

In addition to the Tehran research reactor which has long been used by radioisotope production, Iran also plans to build four other research reactors in the other parts of the country, he added.

Fars News Agency :: Deputy Minister: Iran to Rank 1st in Science, Technology by 2025

Although there are still 14 years to see either this projection is correct or not but Nushay Jaan Mubaruk

thats pretty good achievement for iran, considering the mullahs who run iran. but it is good the mullahs see the importance of science

That`s very optimistic of them.
They`ll have to lift the limitations that government has on science first.

although we must take it with a pinch of salt..as with any govt guy..i belive iran if allowed to progress without much hindrance will surely inspire many a muslim majority countries in the region.

This i believ caoz i had a met an iranian engineering student when i was doing the same.He was the son of a colonel in iranian army officer.He was sent to India to pursue his BTech degree in one of India`s finest govt engg college.

When i spoke to him,and we conversed i got a very different picture of the life in down town Tehran.In a gist,he conveyed the idea that the youth no longer sees west as the sole untouchable "shaitaan".They respect the fact that great many things ca be learnt from the western world and this has lea to even hard liner mullahs to re-consider their approach on arenas where they might brush shoulder with the west.

Best of luck.May you prosper and have healthy,mutually beneficial relations with all your neighbours.

That`s very optimistic of them.
They`ll have to lift the limitations that government has on science first.

Would you name one of those limits on science?
One of the reasons that stem cell research in Iran is one of the world's most advanced is because Iran has very free rules for stem cell research. Iran has no limits for science.

Would you name one of those limits on science?
One of the reasons that stem cell research in Iran is one of the world's most advanced is because Iran has very free rules for stem cell research. Iran has no limits for science.
Being isolated from the majority of the scientific world, fanatical ideologies that distort young minds, eventual war and destruction that will be brought down on Iran and the region by your government.

Being isolated from the majority of the scientific world, fanatical ideologies that distort young minds, eventual war and destruction that will be brought down on Iran and the region by your government.

Being isolated from the majority of the scientific world has in fact helped Iran but Iran also has scientific collaboration with many countries.
Thanks but our Iranian youths' mind is less distorted than your mind.
And don't worry, no one dares to come close to us since 32 years ago.

They respect the fact that great many things ca be learnt from the western world and this has lea to even hard liner mullahs to re-consider their approach on arenas where they might brush shoulder with the west.

Not even sure what are you saying, Iran's government sees no problem learning from the West, what they have the problem with is West colonialist attitude and degrading culture, I doubt anyone wants to learn from these areas :azn:

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

You are speaking about Israel, right? :)

Iran is truly a most powerful Muslim world. I don't consider America's servants (Saudi and Turkey) to be Muslim world's leaders!

Iran has guts to stand against super powers whether be it USSR or America!

Iran's (Aryana) growth is always welcomed in India!

iran still lacks behind countries like germany and finland when it comes to science and technology

hahahahah

Back
Top Bottom