What's new

Iranian Navy Receives 2 new Ghadir-Class Midget-Submarines

For one I was replying to your comment, so I am on topic.
also the sub as I said is designed to stay on the sea bed and wait for the enemy ships. also Iran is suppose to show a new sub which will have a mass of 600 tons.

it doesnt look like it can stay submerged for long .

rimpac991.jpg

Korean 11,000+ ton "destroyer" next to US cruisers.

800px-US_Navy_101210-N-2218S-014_The_Japan_Maritime_Self-Defense_Force_destroyer_Hyuga_%28DDH_181%29_is_underway_during_Keen_Sword_2011%2C_a_bilateral_exercise.jpg

Japanese 18,000+ ton "destroyer".

Asian navies deliberately undercount their warships classes in order not to threaten their neighbors. Iran on the other hand has the opposite, exaggerating policy: calling its 1,500 ton corvetes "destroyers".

Well , I am sure the Submarines can launch torpedoes otherwise why would Iran induct 20 Such Submarines

Also note that being small , and agile - fast they could probably out run a frigate or aircraft carrier

In a real battle , likely it would be a hit and move attack slow moving ships easy victims all 18,000 tones of it in some cases

I mean didn't Sank with just few compartments were breached with water flowing in ??????

Reference:PressTV - Iran adds 2 more light <i>Ghadir</i> submarines to naval fleet

;)
In November, 2011, Iran's Navy Deputy Commander Rear Admiral Gholam Reza Khadem-Bigham announced that three more Ghadir class submarines have been added to the country’s naval fleet.

He added that the submarines are capable of launching torpedoes and operating in shallow waters.

The Ghadir submarine was first unveiled in 2007. The 120-ton vessel has excellent shallow depth performance and can conduct prolonged coastal missions.

these are midgets subs.
They cant go deep into water and thus are more vulnerable to detection and destruction

pakistan also manufactures its own midgets. So it would be a great thing if they can manufacture full fledge subs

these are midgets subs.
They cant go deep into water and thus are more vulnerable to detection and destruction

pakistan also manufactures its own midgets. So it would be a great thing if they can manufacture full fledge subs

well honestly how deep a submarine must go in a sea that is only 20-50m deep
I believe Iran and Pakistan needs in this matter are completely different .

Well , I am sure the Submarines can launch torpedoes otherwise why would Iran induct 20 Such Submarines

Also note that being small , and agile - fast they could probably out run a frigate or aircraft carrier

In a real battle , likely it would be a hit and move attack slow moving ships easy victims all 18,000 tones of it in some cases

I mean didn't Sank with just few compartments were breached with water flowing in ??????
not fast ..its speed about 10knots...did not you see the tank outside

I think Pn should learn some lesson from this and try build facilities to produce Frigates, Corvettes, Mine Hunters, FACs, Auxilarys, SSKs and SSBNS with JV with China. Like:
16+ Frigates
11 Corvettes
7 Mine Hunters
21 FACs
11+ SSKs
3-5 SSBNs

General characteristics

Tonnage: 120 tonnes
Displacement: 115 tons surfaced [1]
Length: 29 m [2]
Beam: ~3 m
Draught: ~2.5 m
Propulsion: Diesel-electric propulsion
Speed: 11 knots
Complement: 18
Armament: 2 x 533mm torpedos, mines
Crew: 19 + 6 divers

"A single midget sub today could stealthily deliver a nuclear device capable of atomizing one of America's largest cities."

Midget subs of the 21st century

While most nations, including Japan, now employ midget-sub technology primarily for science and exploration, some countries continue to develop midget submarines more for military purposes. In several cases, that could pose a serious threat, for, as Stephenson observes, "Midget submarines are owned by what we consider rogue nations of the world."

North Korea has had midget subs in its arsenal for years, though the technology came from a continent away. As Stephenson notes, "North Korea developed the Yugo submarine from plans that they procured from Yugoslavia in 1965." Burlingame adds, "They're called 'Yugos' because the design originally is Yugoslavian, designed to patrol the Adriatic."

At about 60 feet long and six feet wide, the Yugos are slightly smaller than the Pearl Harbor midget subs. North Korea also employs the much larger, 15-man Sang-O class of midget subs. Unlike the Pearl Harbor subs, which had a range of only about 100 miles, the Sang-O subs are believed to have a range of 1,500 nautical miles. Military experts believe that the North Korean navy has dozens of them.

Iran's submarine arsenal

These midget subs have travelled far beyond the Korean coastline, but they didn't journey underwater. As Burlingame notes, "The submarines built by North Korea have also been sold to Iran."

Stephenson wonders: "Could an Iranian midget sub penetrate an American harbor?" If so, it could present a real danger, and in addition to getting their hands on several North Korean Yugos, the Iranians have also developed a powerful midget submarine of their own.

Military experts describe the Iranian Ghadir as silent enough to elude the most advanced U.S. sonar. As recently as June 2009, Iran commissioned three more Ghadir-class submarines, bringing the total number of these midget subs to seven. Like the North Korean Sang-O subs, the Ghadir subs are 50 percent longer than the Yugo, but still small enough to sneak into a harbor. And they're large enough to drop small teams of commandos onto enemy shores, damage warships, and lay underwater minefields. Iranian military sources have reported that, in addition to torpedoes, the Ghadir is also capable of launching missiles.

As is the case with North Korea, details surrounding Iran's midget sub-technology remains speculative. Still, Iranian officials claim that the subs are equipped with the latest military and technological hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
rimpac991.jpg

Korean 11,000+ ton "destroyer" next to US cruisers.

800px-US_Navy_101210-N-2218S-014_The_Japan_Maritime_Self-Defense_Force_destroyer_Hyuga_%28DDH_181%29_is_underway_during_Keen_Sword_2011%2C_a_bilateral_exercise.jpg

Japanese 18,000+ ton "destroyer".

Asian navies deliberately undercount their warships classes in order not to threaten their neighbors. Iran on the other hand has the opposite, exaggerating policy: calling its 1,500 ton corvetes "destroyers".
Of course you're metally retarded and don't know Iran called their ship nav shekan, they dont have corvets or destroyer.
stupid zionist.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Midget-Submarines......i think its useless:tdown:

You barina is useless, since you don't get the fact the persian gulf is very shallow and large subs would be not very usefull.

besides they are making 600 ton and 1000 ton subs, they will unveil them this year or the next.

Midget subs would be a cool toy for a rich man, but as a war weapon, not so much.

Japan placed great stock in their midget subs. There is very little difference between the Japanese subs and these. 3 or 4 men, a couple of torpedos, and small diesel + electric motors.

In the Pearl Harbor attack, the midget subs all failed. AFAIK, no Japanese midget sub did much of anything in WW2.

Midget subs would be a cool toy for a rich man, but as a war weapon, not so much.

Japan placed great stock in their midget subs. There is very little difference between the Japanese subs and these. 3 or 4 men, a couple of torpedos, and small diesel + electric motors.

In the Pearl Harbor attack, the midget subs all failed. AFAIK, no Japanese midget sub did much of anything in WW2.

Sure. midget subs are not suitable for long range-deep operations. They are designed for use in littoral shallow waters.

Those Midget Submarines are nothing but a copy of North korean Yugo-Class as far i know, Most likely received from North korea for free just to piss-off USA. And to be fair North korean technology isnt excatly the best, More the worst there is, These Midgets will not stand a change against 5th USN Fleet if you ask me.
yugo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom