Iraq announces the start of manufacturing combat aircraft

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1651885266641.png

4-05-2022

After Iraq stopped its military industry for nearly two decades, following the American occupation and the fall of the former regime in 2003, the Iraqi Military Industrialization Authority announced, on Wednesday, the entry of new production lines for the manufacture of weapons and light equipment into service, and its endeavor to assemble combat aircraft, and manufacture other surveillance aircraft, according to what it reported. Iraqi News Agency (INA).\

According to "Nedaa Post" magazine, Iraq had, on a limited basis, re-worked in its military industry since 2015, through the establishment of the Military Industries Company, and was able to manufacture the short-range "Al-Yaqin" missile, "Sukhoi" aircraft bombs, and the base of tube launchers in limited quantities. and maintenance of military equipment.

The head of the authority, Muhammad Sahib Al-Darraji, stated in statements to “Informed” that memoranda of understanding have been concluded with Turkey and Poland, “to support the process of arming the security forces, transfer technology and help develop our military industry,” adding that the authority “in the framework of signing memoranda of cooperation with Britain.” and Pakistan.”

Al-Daraji stressed that the resettlement of the military industry in Iraq has become of great importance “to strengthen Iraqi national security.

Regarding the assembly and manufacture of aircraft, Al-Daraji said: “We have a project to assemble combat aircraft, and the state has adopted a locally manufactured fighter aircraft project, and we have discussions with some countries to assemble helicopters in Iraq, as well as repair and maintenance operations.”

He added, "The commission adopted more than assembly as well, with surveillance planes, as the body was manufactured inside Iraq, and three models were completed."

Al-Darraji pointed out that "the conditions that Iraq went through drained military and economic energies and resources, and we need a new strategy to build our defense capabilities and the capabilities of the army."

He explained that "to reach a good level of sufficiency in the armament aspect, a clear strategy must be applied, as it must cooperate with the private sector, and the mentality of the state and the official is based on the fact that the final consumer who needs to support it and achieve sufficiency is the army, by strengthening the work of the Military Industrialization Authority and achieving the desired sufficiency."

He added, "We need a great development in the quantity and type of weapons, and also wars have changed, and cybersecurity, electronic and economic warfare have a clear role."

https://ina.iq/eng/19221-iraq-plans...ng-weapons-that-achieve-self-sufficiency.html

I assume they are talking about the JF-17 Blk III..

1651885166177.png

Last edited:
With oil prices a these levels Iraq can have an unlimited amount of JF-17. No need to bother with down graded F-16s.
a bold assumption to beleive iraq has control over its oil. Well most are but not all

Clever choice of countries partners, they can gain a lot from both altough i do not know how deep that cooperation could go considering Iran influence on internal Iraq's affairs.

Pakistan will arm Iraqi brothers against common enemies Pakistan will build Iraqi armed forces and intelligence agencies and make Iraq great again that is powerful and rich. Pakistan and Iraq should sign Fta free trade agreement and sea ports pacts so that Iraq and Pakistan trade can expand
Those are good ideas..

a bold assumption to beleive iraq has control over its oil. Well most are but not all
Iraq can take it back at will under current conditions. USA and UK are focused on Russia.....I doubt they have the margin to fight in the ME again. If they did.....this time the Russians would arm any resisstance with the latest weapons. Pay back for Ukraine, IMO.

under control of private companies of the uk and us like chevron and others the whole reason for the 2003 invasion
I am sure it must be profit-sharing like in every other country, unless Iraq has the full capacity to run oil operation on their own

This was the same country which supported BLA against Pakistan and hosted alot of weapons in their Embassies

I am sure it must be profit-sharing like in every other country, unless Iraq has the full capacity to run oil operation on their own
these private companies often taking a bigger share than iraq itself

Iraq can take it back at will under current conditions. USA and UK are focused on Russia.....I doubt they have the margin to fight in the ME again. If they did.....this time the Russians would arm any resisstance with the latest weapons. Pay back for Ukraine, IMO.
they should but that will make them shine iran and turkey on iraq

Back
Top Bottom