'Israel sells Pakistan military equipment'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The leading Israeli manufacturer of tankers, aircraft refuelers, fire fighting trucks, armored vehicles and special purpose trailers, Hatehof Ltd., reportedly provides Pakistan's Air Force with military equipment under a clandestine contract.

Nearly a month ago, 11 aircraft refueling trucks departed Hatehof's plant in the Tzippori industrial zone in Galilee region, situated 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) northwest of Nazareth, for the Port of Ashdod, located about 40 kilometers (24 miles) south of Tel Aviv, in the dead of the night.

The trucks were later boarded on a cargo ship in the Ashdod Port and dispatched to Turkey from where they were transported to Pakistan, according to a recent report aired on Israel's Channel 2 television network.

The report comes as the Israeli firm has sent several convoys of aircraft refueling trucks to Pakistan in order to equip the Muslim states' Air Force.

Under an agreement reached between Hatehof Ltd. and BMC -- one of the largest commercial vehicle manufacturers in Turkey, truck chassis are sent to Israel to be converted into aircraft refueling trucks for Pakistan's Air Force.

PressTV - 'Israel selling Pakistan military equipment'

I find that hard to believe. What kind of air-craft refueling truck could Israel build that China or the US couldn't provide better. I'm hardly the qualified person to say this but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that 'air-craft refueling trucks' aren't exactly an uber advanced piece of equipment.

I find that hard to believe. What kind of air-craft refueling truck could Israel build that China or the US couldn't provide better. I'm hardly the qualified person to say this but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that 'air-craft refueling trucks' aren't exactly an uber advanced piece of equipment.

I have to agree. What the heck is so special about these trucks that Pakistan has to go all the way to Israel to get them?

I have to agree. What the heck is so special about these trucks that Pakistan has to go all the way to Israel to get them?

Dunno perhaps some of the more relevant people on this forum can elucidate further.

Point to note is, PAF's agreement is with the Turkish company, and it's not very important to know where the equipment has been assembled or whatever, even if you believe on this report, I doubt that PAF was aware that the machines will be coming from Israel to Turkish firm before being supplied to Pakistan.

The news could be right and also could be wrong. Remember Pakistan purchased 6 watertrucks worth $179,000, ridiculous as it could get. Pakistan can and is able to develop-manufacture those trucks even cheap but still Government purchased it from US.

Press Releases 2009 | Embassy of the United States Islamabad, Pakistan

I have seen 3 of these Trucks at Peshawar Air Base.
aircraft-refueler-truck.jpg

The Israeli equipment will have surveillance equipped. This the main thing that PAF should concern it self with.

The Israeli equipment will have surveillance equipped. This the main thing that PAF should concern it self with.

It's not offensive equipment...but a mere truck......it's not gonna turn into Decepticons....

And for those making a mockery of this, well, PAF placed orders to the Turkish company who in turn got the conversion done from Israel. Pakistan didn't go to Israel.

So chill.

It's not offensive equipment...but a mere truck......it's not gonna turn into Decepticons....

And for those making a mockery of this, well, PAF placed orders to the Turkish company who in turn got the conversion done from Israel. Pakistan didn't go to Israel.

So chill.

There's no need to be naive. Israel has been caught spying on it's biggest ally which is the US. There is no reason for the Israelis to take this opportunity lightly.

PressTV. Move on, ignore them. In the current situation, they want to add fuel to fire, showing Pakistan as an ally of Israel (to the Iranians). Won't be amazed if PressTV says that Pakistan and Israel have secret embassies and work together against Iran.

Never open a thread if the only source is PressTV.

Thread title is wrong if we have to believe the news . israel directly didn't sell any thing to Pakistan neither Pakistan bought any thing directly from Israel . in fact Turkish firm BMC supplied the air refueling truck to Pakistan which have some israeli equipment .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom