What's new

Israel warns Iran, Hezbollah not to test it

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Thursday, February 17, 2011
JERUSALEM – Agence France-Presse

israel-warns-iran-hezbollah-not-to-test-it-2011-02-17_l.jpg

Israel warned Iran and its ally Hezbollah not to test it, charging that Tehran was preparing to send warships into the Mediterranean as the Lebanese militia threatened to occupy northern Israel in the event of a new war. The Egyptian authority that runs the Suez Canal on Thursday denied any Iranian request.

On Wednesday, Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said two Iranian warships were sailing north in the Red Sea headed for the canal for the first time since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution, branding this a "provocation." And Defense Minister Ehud Barak labeled the act "hostile."

"Tonight two Iranian warships are supposed to cross the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean Sea on their way to Syria," Lieberman told a conference of American Jewish leaders in Jerusalem. "The international community has to understand that Israel cannot ignore these provocations for eternity," Lieberman said.

The Israeli military had no immediate comment but Barak's office issued a terse statement saying that Israel was closely monitoring developments.

In Washington, U.S. State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said: "We'll be watching to see what they do," confirming that he was talking about the same vessels to which Lieberman was referring. Crowley, however, did not call them warships or identify them as Iranian, saying that he knew neither their intention nor destination.

In a speech on Wednesday evening, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned off Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, after the Shiite militia chief told his fighters to prepare to storm the Galilee hills of northern Israel in the event of a new conflict like that of 2006.

"Nasrallah declared today that he will conquer the Galilee," Netanyahu told the American Jewish leaders. "I have news for him. He won't." He spoke after Nasrallah urged his fighters to be prepared to take the Galilee in any future conflict and warned that his followers were ready to kill Israeli leaders "anytime, anywhere."

"Let there be no doubt, Israel has the ability to defend itself," Netanyahu said. "We have a strong army and a determined people. We seek peace but the army is ready to defend Israel against its enemies."

Nasrallah's calls were made in a televised speech to mark the 19th anniversary of the death of key Hezbollah militant Abbas Mussawi in an Israeli missile strike. "I say to the fighters of the Islamic Resistance: Be ready. If a new war is imposed on Lebanon we may ask you to take Galilee, to free Galilee," he said. "I hope the people of Israel have good bomb shelters."

Netanyahu responded with a jibe at Nasrallah's reclusive habits since Israel declared him its enemy number one and threatened to assassinate him. "He who hides in a bunker should stay in a bunker," the Israeli premier said.

The Hezbollah leader's comments followed warnings by Barak that the Israeli military might have to enter Lebanon again to ensure the Shiite militia remembered the lessons of the bloody war the two sides fought in 2006. The war killed 1,200 people in Lebanon, most of them civilians, and 160 Israelis, mostly soldiers.

Egypt's Suez Canal Authority on Thursday said it has received no request to allow Iranian warships passage to the Mediterranean. "We did not receive any request for the passage of Iranian warships," Ahmed al-Manakhly, head of the canal's operations room, said, adding he had no idea if any such ships were nearing the canal.

Separately, Egypt's state news agency MENA reported: "The Suez Canal Authority categorically denied the truth of reports that Egypt denied passage to two Iranian warships through the canal."

"Netanyahu responded with a jibe at Nasrallah's reclusive habits since Israel declared him its enemy number one and threatened to assassinate him. "He who hides in a bunker should stay in a bunker," the Israeli premier said"

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I wonder whether Nasrallah crept back to his bunker after this

I`m pretty sure he double checked the locks on his bunker doors after that:whistle:
The man is delusional obviously, no country on earth can seek Israel`s destruction without meeting the very same ending... Let alone a piss poor lebanon with the psychotic degenerates like Nasrallah and his global boy band jihadists. Attacking Israel now when their country just established a government sponsored by Hizbullah would mean the destruction of not only Hizbullah but of the entire country.

Let alone a piss poor lebanon

Reported slur.

Just stating plain facts here so no need to kill the messenger.

Israel lost the recent war/ battle is Hezbollah it is widely known and accepted.

Plus Israel has openly admitted that it would be destroyed if America seizes support, that doesn't sound like a very powerful country.

Israel wants to take over southern part of Lebanon in an effort to secure a natural gas field recently discovered, which crosses into Israel they made that statement along with publication of the discovery. We all know the inevitable end of Israel, we just don't know when and how.

Here's why American conservative's care so much about Israel:
The Jews need to be there so that they can be killed according to Christians when Jesus comes, everyone predicts it's destruction.

Jews should not be subject to this stuff if all of them don't stand up for this.

Just do google searches for these facts and u'll find em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel lost the recent war/ battle is Hezbollah it is widely known and accepted.
Yeah, just like Nasser won in 1956, Saddat won in 1973, Hussain won in 1991...

Plus Israel has openly admitted that it would be destroyed if America seizes support
Here is a pic of Israel admitting it:

07-minister.jpg

Flameboard i wasn`t trying to offend you but, you are quite delusional. Southern Lebanon WAS under Israeli control, we relinquished it and we got Hizbullah.
The gas shores were discovered BY israel and it is accepted under International Law that it IS in Israeli control and Lebanon is trying unsuccessfully to jump on the wagon, which Israel threatened to use Military force if that were to happen. The US has also said that all the Natural Gas discovered is UNDER Israeli control that is why Nobel company which is a US Natural Energy company bought the rights to it from Israel.
And even if US were to betray us, have no doubt, Israel would be the last nation destroyed. And if you didn`t know China wants to replace USA and be our "Big Bro" and trust me when i say this, they would love nothing more than to rub Israel in the US`s face. There is also India the rising super power, that has very discreet and considerable Military and economic ties with Israel which it seeks only to improve more and more. And since India is looking for UNSC Perm sit, it too will have Veto power. And we all know how Hindus feel about Muslims, we share that in common.
And about the second Labenon war, Israeli civilians:

43 dead[24][25]
33 seriously wounded
68 moderately wounded
1,388 lightly wounded[26]

Lebanese civilians:
1,191[27] dead
4,409 wounded[27]
From wikipedia, i can see how you assume we "lost" by not destroying the entire country on the request of US of A and Europe. But hey, now that the entire government is controlled by Hizbullah, the next war will be a Nation against Nation war, not a Terrorist group hiding behind women and children and then begging the UN to make Israel stop.
I can see you love Israel flameboard, i love you too buddy. Peace be upon you!

Israel and Iran should try to get along, but it won't happen because both leaderships are using the other as an outlet for internal problems. Having said that I fully support that Iran should have nuclear missiles. It will increase the peace in the region. Iran has been irrationally demonized by the west, but looking at its history it is a fully rational and pragmatic government. Nuclear missiles in the hands of Iran, just like in North Korea, is a safeguard of regional peace and stability.

Israel and Iran should try to get along, but it won't happen because both leaderships are using the other as an outlet for internal problems. Having said that I fully support that Iran should have nuclear missiles. It will increase the peace in the region. Iran has been irrationally demonized by the west, but looking at its history it is a fully rational and pragmatic government. Nuclear missiles in the hands of Iran, just like in North Korea, is a safeguard of regional peace and stability.

I like how you make it seem like Its just Israel that Hates the Iranian government and wants their destruction and vice versa. You forget the Arabs especially Saudi Arabia very much hate them too. I very much doubt announcing you have nuclear weapons will make the middle east a more peaceful place. These are not logical and calculating governments that roam the ME. They welcome MAD for religious purposes.

Saudi Arabia is a puppet of the US ruled by 1 absolute monarch, it's opinion counts for sh*t in global politics. MAD is great, everyone is scared of the other so they don't fight. Why doesn't North Korea bomb south korea? Because they'll get nuked back. Why doesn't USA bomb China or Russia, even in the 70's when China was totally isolated or 90's when Russia was totally down? Because they'll get nuked back. So if Iran had nukes, Israel and the US significantly lose motivation to attack it; when Israel has nukes, Iran has significantly less motivation to attack it. Governments are only irrational if they're monarchies or absolute dictatorships. With any representation from the population they become very very rational. Iran and Israel both have that.

Yeah but unlike Iran, Israel didn`t doesn`t and won`t call for the total and utter destruction of another country. I realize you`re from china below_freezing so your ideologies are different from western but you fail to realize that Iran many times called for Israel to be wiped off from the face of the earth in Public. Now MAD is a very strong doctrine but when it is Ideological and Extremely Religious governments with Nuclear weapons, MAD doesn`t seem relevant to them.

Cowards.
Israel is afraid of the Arab countries coming in power so they started this serial event with Osirak and come to jerk on the try with Pakistan.

Terrorists are the ones destroying others when they develop.
I would have rather suggested them not to do it now, until they start 'misusing it'.

Just 2 iranian ship are they are crying like babies like there are 200 ship on the port of israel.

abt the Israel and Hezbuallah .Israel loss the war and if killing innocent civilians was the objectiv of israel then U won .

The man is delusional obviously, no country on earth can seek Israel`s destruction without meeting the very same ending... Let alone a piss poor lebanon with the psychotic degenerates like Nasrallah and his global boy band jihadists. Attacking Israel now when their country just established a government sponsored by Hizbullah would mean the destruction of not only Hizbullah but of the entire country.

No one seeks distruction of Israel its a reality and except ahmedinejad no one has an issue with it ... war can be avoided if only israel stops acting like a dictator and meet palestanian demands ..

Back
Top Bottom