What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about signing such a MOI and pitting our limited resources on 5th Gen advancement rather than J-10?

My 2 cents.

That would be no problem.. the Chinese would love to have us on board. They will sign us up for another Loan(for the money supposedly from our side for the R&D).. and this will add to the long list of loans we have from them. Loans of which we cant even pay the interest ..leave aside returning the original money.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Stealth Helicopter remains have helped us understand the stealth aspect of coating on plane much much better compared to before

BLOCK 3 Stealth Enhanced , with new powerful engine

Did not teach us much on what we already knew.
we also knew that such stuff costs a lot of money, money we DO NOT HAVE.

^^^ we can always borrow from zardari.

Extremely extremely unlikely.
Block 2 is nothing more than Batch 2..
Its just another tray of blueberry muffins being baked, nothing more.
Block-III or Batch-III which will begin around 2015 may have added avionics or changed ones.
But not batch-II.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

No word on that to be expected till 2018.
Our goal till 2020 is 150 JF, 100 F-16 and 50-60 FC-20(if finances permit).

HOWEVER..
Tomorrow if Pakistan strikes oil.. the so called swiss trillions come home or otherwise.. this plan could change.
Currently though.. this is all that there is.
I guess our goal is at least 250 or more JF-17 by 2020 and not 150 JF-17's if I'm not mistaken......:smokin:

I think we shld first discuss abt BLK II first.....
BLK III is far away !!!!

block 2 has already reached its final specs stage
ifr
data link/new ecm suite
new weapons integration are the only changes

I guess our goal is at least 250 or more JF-17 by 2020 and not 150 JF-17's if I'm not mistaken......:smokin:

Opps... you just busted a well wisher.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

block 2 has already reached its final specs stage
ifr
data link/new ecm suite
new weapons integration are the only changes

Some people don't consider it up-gradation.

No it isnt.
Our goal is a 150 JF-17s +/- anything lost to attrition.
Please check my previous posts for the final PAF fleet target.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Some people don't consider it up-gradation.

indeed those are very important upgrades

New avionics are mentioned in the dubai airshow.(this could also mean full three axis FBW)
NEw ECM/data link mentioned
New weapons integration which is the most importand part..Sd-10B and ALCM may also be the part of induction.MAA-1B and Mar-1 are also in the integration process

Once i heard about KLJ-7v2 as a improved Klj-7 being modified in KAARF of PAC.
IF true than we may see increase in Klj-7 range.

So these all are major upgrade
i forgot the the dual sd-10 on a rack.

how much can one get in 25millions(block II price)
this is more than enough

indeed those are very important upgrades

New avionics are mentioned in the dubai airshow.(this could also mean full three axis FBW)
NEw ECM/data link mentioned
New weapons integration which is the most importand part..Sd-10B and ALCM may also be the part of induction.MAA-1B and Mar-1 are also in the integration process

Once i heard about KLJ-7v2 as a improved Klj-7 being modified in KAARF of PAC.
IF true than we may see increase in Klj-7 range.

So these all are major upgrade
i forgot the the dual sd-10 on a rack.

how much can one get in 25millions(block II price)
this is more than enough

software upgrades.. minor upgrades.. Think of it as various subblocks of what was the F-16 Block 15 run.
The KLJ-7 is also going to be tweaked.. no major modification.
Mar-1 has already been integrated.. other weapons that were compatible with the sidewinder wiring have also been integrated.
No dual rack as of yet as clearance issues need sorting out.

but we all can be happy calling it Major, minor upgrades or tweaks.

Paf has a history of keeping its upgrades exclusive.

Lets just wait and see what they want done to the JFT. They know better than us..

regardless if they are major or minor upgrades.. lets man up and be happy with what we have.

software upgrades.. minor upgrades.. Think of it as various subblocks of what was the F-16 Block 15 run.
The KLJ-7 is also going to be tweaked.. no major modification.
Mar-1 has already been integrated.. other weapons that were compatible with the sidewinder wiring have also been integrated.
No dual rack as of yet as clearance issues need sorting out.

but we all can be happy calling it Major, minor upgrades or tweaks.

well we will have to wait that those mentioned were just the software upgrades or radar etc large modifications
NEw ECM/data link is laso promised.which is indeed a major upgrade

even though the JFT avionics are said to be on par wth block 52 except the radar.which may be upgraded to klj-7v2 standard.

No airshow JFT is attending before june 2012.so we will have to wait.
though i beleive PAF and PAC will surprise me

well we will have to wait that those mentioned were just the software upgrades or radar etc large modifications
NEw ECM/data link is laso promised.which is indeed a major upgrade

even though the JFT avionics are said to be on par wth block 52 except the radar.which may be upgraded to klj-7v2 standard.

No airshow JFT is attending before june 2012.so we will have to wait.
though i beleive PAF and PAC will surprise me

Ill let you know when that is complete, a basic form of it has been done..
The KJL-7 has capabilities that match or exceed the APG-66 and equal the APG-68 in some respects. So it is a VERY good radar.
Any tweaks will take to a capability level of the APG-68V9 less that SAR.. and that is a very big compliment.

Guys is there any plan of increasing Hard-points?

In block III?
dnt know about this.bt i suspect there will be increase in hard points of Block III

about Block II the hardpoints will remain 7 as like block 1

since f-16 is our main fighter, and so my guess is it will be replaced by a fifth generation fighter by 2025-2030.
nope f-16s are definitely going to be in service for atleast 30 years from now..the midlife upgrade will give them ATLEAST 20 years life.

we have no solid info waht fifth gen can we induct in near future..only option seem is joint venture with china or if china devlops a single engine version so called the J-2X, if so it would rather complement then replace the f-16s..
PAF is gear up to ensure that f-16s should be in service for very long time, just like our mirages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom